Raytheon Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

2.0

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I applied online through my university. I got a call from someone to confirm that I had experience working with scripting languages. I soon got an email for an interview after the on site interview, the process was really quick. I was notified the next week that I got in.

Interview Questions

• what do you think the average day of a software engineer is like? there were no technical questions about programming. everything was about what past experiences i had.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Raytheon (San Diego, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Got a phone call to set up a phone interview one week after applying online. The interviewer was obviously not an engineer and most of the interview seemed scripted. I had to remind him what University I went to. I was not particularly qualified for the position and I think he had made up his mind before the interview even started. Overall there were no really tough or technical questions.

Interview Questions

• When did you face adversity within a group and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Raytheon (San Diego, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

The initial communications was through a human resource representative to coordinate a phone interview. After the phone interview was arranged my section/hiring manager contacted me. The interview took roughly an hour. Most of the questions were behavioral due to my previous summer internship. After the phone interview I received a DHL package 3 days later with my official offer.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather be a big fish in a small pond or a small fish in a big pond and why?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, they created a job position for me so i thought that was enough