Raytheon

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Raytheon.

The whole process was smooth and professional. Quick response from everyone including the hiring manager.

Salary

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Senior Software Engineer II Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Raytheon.

Friend turned in my resume to an Engineering recruiter. I got a call, went in for an interview, it was the most basic interview ever. They did not ask me anything technical or even anything at all. I met 4 people, all wanted to see my personality more than my background.

did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon in June 2012.

1) Developer Challenge
    2) Phone Interview
    3) Meet fellow workers at office - personality fit
    4) In-person interviews

Interview process was very messed up, with the recruiter vanishing for two weeks at a time. The recruiter would then want to have a chat in the real sense, asking what I've been doing for the last couple of weeks, etc. Questions that have no bearing on the interview process.

After completing the first three steps of the interview process, the recruiter said only the in-person interview was left, which was subsequently postponed twice. After a month, the recruiter wanted to do a video Skype chat, which he said was not part of the interview process. I thought "What the hell?" and gave up on the job. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Write a kernel module which executes program "y" instead of program "x"   Answer Question
    • Write a kernel module to display all processes with 3+ file descriptors open.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Raytheon in January 2012.

You will submit to 500 jobs to get 1 interview. Then it is a one-on-one with engineers or managers for departments you may not even be interviewing for. Standard for defense contractors.

Interview Questions
    Basic - same for all defense contractors