Raytheon Senior Systems Engineer I Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Raytheon (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

An interesting interview. I was given a walk through the facility by the group manager first. The folks that interviewed me were very friendly and asked me questions relating my past experience. The group provided me with a brief description of the project they were working on and described each of their roles within the group. Finally, we talked about how my past experience could complement the group's skills.

Interview Questions

• How would your past experience be useful in the project? Could you provide situational examples for how you solved a certain engineering problem?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon (Dallas, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Was screened during a college career fair. Contacted for interview 1 month later. Interview scheduled about a month later. Interviewed in May 2014. The interviewer was late, and did not remember my name. I was then taken to a conference room, where I was screened by one of their newer employees. Totally unprofessional in their demeanor - asking me questions that an undergraduate would know even though I had a PhD. Still, I answered them fine. Several more 1 on 1 interviews, then taken to cafeteria to eat lunch with team. i was made to wait nearly 30 minutes in line while the hiring manager got fish tacos. Upon sitting down, it turned into somewhat of an attack session by several of the other engineers. After that, I was literally whisked away by two engineers, and not given the opportunity to thank the hiring manager for the interview, even though I asked to do so.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon (Falls Church, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

round robin process where I interviewed with several different offices and managers. They invited me to have lunch with them and we continued to talk more about the company, future projects and various things like the economy in the surrounding area and the commute. They were very friendly and made the interview very comfortable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Relocation assistance and signing bonus

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon (Garland, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

Easy, no hassle.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone was doing a great job, but was not getting recognized? What would you do if you were working with someone who was not pulling their weight?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered, I said yes.

Senior Systems Engineer I Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Raytheon in August 2010.

Interview

came in for a job fair (interview scheduled in advance). Follow up after 3 weeks for a group interview with the hiring manager and group lead. Overall, questions focused on what I did previously. I explained, but also detailed how I thought those experiences could benefit Raytheon

Interview Questions

• would I be willing to travel?   1 Answer
    • how familiar am I with defect databases   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in March 2010.

Interview

Contacted by talent acquisition rep who saw my resume online and thought I would be a fit. Scheduled an interview at the Tewksbury, MA location and arranged for travel, lodging, and rental car for the day the interviews would happen. The interviews were 20 minutes each with 3 people. Others were at the interview event and we all sat in the same waiting room. Received an offer 3 days later, but was fairly sure I got the job when they kept me, but not all other interviewees afterward for a presentation on benefits and relocation package.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince very senior engineers (25+ years of experience) that your idea is correct?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not realize I could negotiate, so accepted the offer as is. However, others who were hired in the same round tried to negotiate, and did not get an increase.