Raytheon Senior Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online, several weeks later was contacted by a Talent Acquisition specialist via phone. They then put me in contact with several groups interested in hiring similar positions at a couple different sites. Did phone interview with a group of hiring managers, within same organization. Was further interviewed via phone by a senior engineering manager, who then recommended me for an onsite interview. They flew me out to the site where I also interviewed with 4 hiring managers and/or technical leads, and also had lunch with a senior engineer. I had a good sense an offer would be extended by the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation or project you worked on and describe how you reached a solution.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Raytheon (Woburn, MA) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process happened very quickly. I was called for an interview on Tuesday and the interview took place on Thursday of that week. The invited approximately 5 other candidates. Food was put out, an overview of the company was given, then we broke off and had 1-on-1 interviews. Most people had 2-3 interviews. It lasted for approximately 2 hours. Decisions were made by Tuesday of the next week. The entire hiring process took about a month. It was a little longer than expected as they were sometimes slow to get back to me. Overall though, it was a good Interview and Hiring experience.

Interview Questions

• The interviewers all asked what I considered to be fairly standard interview questions. It felt more of a personality interview than a technical one. All three interviews obviously asked me about my technical background and problem solving abilities but for the majority of the interviews they wanted to know about what type of person I am. The teams appeared to be very strong and most likely wanted the candidate to be a good personalty fit as well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was negotiable but they remained fairly fixed in terms of their starting offer.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process is straight forward. You interview with serveral managers and group members in a series of scheduled interviews. They give you background info on the company. there were dinner interviews and lunch interviews. Overall very positive process. They gave us a schedule of our interviews. They allowed us to visit other departments and schedule interviews with them as well. We met several HR reresentatives as well as realtors from various compnaies who showed us arround and told us about the area.

Negotiation

The offer an initial ow offer. I refused it. They raised it up several thousand. I accepted. I should have asked for more money. They completer relocate you and your personal items including your car. This is a hassel free process for the most part. The new hire orientation can be difficult though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Irwin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Fort Irwin, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

It was on the phone, I was working over sea's and called at 4 AM in the morning. Most of the questions where very to the point and had to do with the job. Then we got in to how I would work out problems that where not part of my area but could from time to time fall in to my work day. There was 4 managers on the phone, one would be the manager that I would work for if I got the job. Each manager had questions in there area, some very open, some very to the point.

Interview Questions

• there was a question that was what was the best way for an object to fall, in a line or in a curve? It would depend on what you where looking for the out come to be, was what I said. They never told me if I was correct.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

I do not really remember, it was a long time ago all I know is that I was interviewed with a group of college graduates for a series of on-site discussions.

Interview Questions

• It was too long ago to remember, all question were the typical behavior based questions.   Answer Question