Raytheon Software Engineer I Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2015

2.7

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

I was taken into a room with 2 people in it. They asked me questions about my education and had me do a few on paper coding questions. Several people were in and out of the interview. After completing the coding questions a different interviewer came in and asked me questions that related more to my personality. ex: tell me about yourself, how do you feel about group work.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon in June 2015.

Interview

Got a call about a month after my initial submission for an in person interview. Was asked questions gauging on how I would react in a team setting. Then the onset of technical questions began.

Interview Questions

• how would you deal with colleague that doesn't contribute?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Columbus, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a very direct and relaxed interview. Went from asking set questions to conversing and sharing knowledge. My interviewers were excellent and very helpful during this process. As long as you have a passion for what you do, eager to learn and have a positive attitude you will do excellent.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by phone by a recruiter. He asked about my college projects, why I wanted to work at Raytheon, and some general behavioral questions. I asked him some questions and the interview lasted maybe 20 minutes. About a week later someone from HR I think called me. She said that they were interested and again asked me why I wanted to work at Raytheon, if I had any competing offers, and asked if I was interested in interviewing. I said yes. A day later they sent an email with information. They flew me out to Tucson AZ. First day, we had a lunch, then toured the plant. We then had a networking event that night. The next day we had interviews. I interviewed for two positions. Some people interviewed for up to four positions. Later that day they sent an email saying that they were going to make me an official offer for employment in the next few weeks.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions about group projects in school, and previous jobs. They want to make sure that they are going to get along well with you. The only "technical" question I was asked was to briefly describe object oriented programming. They asked what languages I was familiar with and then I asked a bunch of questions that I had prepared.   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Applied online and got a call about 2 weeks later from a Hiring Manager. I had the phone screen with him. He asked about my experience, and pretty much went over my resume. He asked me if I was willing to travel, and told me that I would get a call to schedule an interview. I got an email a week later providing dates where the other hiring manager was available and I had my interview with him and another person through the phone. They asked me about my courses in school and job experience. No technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your final semester project? How did you decide what each group member was in charge of when working in groups?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Garland, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I met with Raytheon during a college career fair. About a week later I was asked for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about an hour. It was with 3 managers, though one did most of the talking. They explained what their groups did and asked me a few things about my resume. Two days later, HR called and said they would like to give me an offer. I asked which team the offer was for, and it took HR 2 weeks to get that information. By that time I had received a better offer. When Raytheon formally extended me their offer, it was quite low, and they would not negotiate. Pros: The work seems exciting. They are moving to a nice new facility. Cons: HR is ridiculously slow. Offer was slightly below average, and they refused to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

The process starts with a phone call where they go over the details of your resume, if they like you you are then invited to come to their campus for a few hours of interviews. I had three interviews that day, which were 70% about my project and internship experience and the rest behavioral. They got back to me within 3 days with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Did ask some basic programming questions, ex. Have you ever used UML?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Currently in the negotiation phase

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Had one phone screening before getting called in for an on site interview. Two separate on site interviews, one with an engineer which was kept mostly to talk about school and what kinds of projects I did/ where I saw my career going. The second was with two hiring managers who asked more about my skills

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, in fact I was surprised at how easy it was   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Interview

Got a phone interview from HR about week after applying. Asked basic questions and why Raytheon and was I willing to relocate. Following week spoke to hiring engineer. Just avg questions. Few technical ones but mostly about my experience and course work. Be ready to be able to go over resume and detail and work experience if any.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

The whole process took about 2 months. I applied online, heard back about a week later that they wanted me to come to a hiring event in Tucson. The hiring event was mostly for engineers, but there were a few software people and some finance people too. The interviews happened on day 2 of the event. The interview was mostly me talking about my past experience and answering the basic behavior questions that everyone asks. They have almost no technical aspects of the interview, I have no idea how they choose candidates. I found out during the interview that the position was actually not software engineering, it was just reporting metrics about software engineers' performance to managers and all programming was done in Excel! It sounded mind-numbingly boring and I definitely could not see myself making a career out of that. They emailed out offer confirmations the evening of the interviews; I received an email saying that they needed more time to decide. About two weeks passed and I got a call from my recruiter with an offer. I was first insulted by how low it was, but their salary offer was precise down to the number of cents, as in something like $XX,432.64 a year. It was clear that the offer was all about the money with them and not about actually convincing me to work there. The offer was almost half of what tech companies offer and the job seemed very boring, I would not recommend it to anyone.

Interview Questions

Offer was insulting low and nothing about it was competitive with other companies.