Raytheon

2.6

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon.

The process starts with a phone call where they go over the details of your resume, if they like you you are then invited to come to their campus for a few hours of interviews. I had three interviews that day, which were 70% about my project and internship experience and the rest behavioral. They got back to me within 3 days with the offer.

Interview Questions
  • Did ask some basic programming questions, ex. Have you ever used UML?   View Answer
Currently in the negotiation phase

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Software Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon.

Had one phone screening before getting called in for an on site interview.
    Two separate on site interviews, one with an engineer which was kept mostly to talk about school and what kinds of projects I did/ where I saw my career going. The second was with two hiring managers who asked more about my skills

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, in fact I was surprised at how easy it was   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Got a phone interview from HR about week after applying. Asked basic questions and why Raytheon and was I willing to relocate. Following week spoke to hiring engineer. Just avg questions. Few technical ones but mostly about my experience and course work. Be ready to be able to go over resume and detail and work experience if any.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in October 2014.

Interview process started with an on campus interview and interview went well. Questions based on my college projects and behavioral questions. Flew to Arizona for the hiring event and they show you the site. They don't really show you where you could be working but on a secure facility that's too much to be expected. Dinner is after the site tour and you may have a chance to meet your interviewer. Just don't absorb their time and don't waste the chance to talk to other people because there are opportunities to gain more interviews with other departments. Overall, the interview process is pretty good.

Interview Questions
    • What is polymorphism? And they asked about my computer architecture classes   View Answer

Still in the midst of receiving an offer and also interviewing with another location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon in October 2014.

The whole process took about 2 months. I applied online, heard back about a week later that they wanted me to come to a hiring event in Tucson. The hiring event was mostly for engineers, but there were a few software people and some finance people too. The interviews happened on day 2 of the event. The interview was mostly me talking about my past experience and answering the basic behavior questions that everyone asks. They have almost no technical aspects of the interview, I have no idea how they choose candidates.

I found out during the interview that the position was actually not software engineering, it was just reporting metrics about software engineers' performance to managers and all programming was done in Excel! It sounded mind-numbingly boring and I definitely could not see myself making a career out of that. They emailed out offer confirmations the evening of the interviews; I received an email saying that they needed more time to decide.

About two weeks passed and I got a call from my recruiter with an offer. I was first insulted by how low it was, but their salary offer was precise down to the number of cents, as in something like $XX,432.64 a year. It was clear that the offer was all about the money with them and not about actually convincing me to work there. The offer was almost half of what tech companies offer and the job seemed very boring, I would not recommend it to anyone.

Interview Questions

Offer was insulting low and nothing about it was competitive with other companies.

Software Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in May 2014.

The whole process lasted about 2 weeks.
    Onsite interview with 6 engineers.
    They asked much lots of questions about the various courses I had taken during my undergrad. Also asked on why I wanted to specifically work for them.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing crazy just went through my resume and transcript.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in December 2013.

Went through phone interview where the things on my resume were discussed and some basic questions on object oriented principles were asked. After that I was invited to an onsite interview with 3 interviewers in which a slightly more extensive version of the phone interview took place.

Interview Questions
    • What makes languages like java or c++ able to create object oriented programs?   View Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

I interviewed on site during a campus interview day where they interviewed several people at once. I interviewed with two different senior level software engineers and was asked only basic questions about myself, my resume, software concepts in general, and a few java specific questions. I wasn't asked to solve any programming or thought problems.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about the meaning of Java specific keywords, which was difficult since I have little experience in Java, but I managed to explain most of them.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon.

I applied for one of the positions they had listed on their website and was contacted for a phone interview after a few weeks. Their questions were mostly non-technical; the phone interview seemed to be more of a personality assessment with some questions on educational background and internship experience mixed in.

It went well, and they extended an invitation to fly me out for an on-site interview. I received a tour of their facilities and was interviewed by a few of their software leads. Questions were, again, primarily based around personality and experience, though more time was spent educating me about the company than asking questions.

After a month of not hearing back from HR, I was e-mailed the generic Raytheon notice detailing my removal from the selection process. Nonetheless, it was a good experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • The generic "where do you picture yourself in 3-5 years" question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in March 2013.

Was invited to an onsite interview for 3 electrical engineering jobs each with at least three people who seemed to have different experience levels. No technical questions were asked, only behavioral.

Show that you have interest by knowing what the job is about.

Interview Questions
    • What assignment was too difficult for you, and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Found a better offer elsewhere.