Raytheon Software Engineer II Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2014

2.8

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in January 2013.

Applied on their website, contacted by a recruiter about 3 weeks later for an interview. Interviewed a few days after that. One interview with a tech lead, 85% discussing experience, 10% technical, 5% just for fun talk. Very relaxed and enjoyable. Received offer about 2 weeks later. I've only done commercial-sector work and, compared to it, there's a lot of paper work involved.

Interview Questions
I negotiated a moderate increase in offered salary. To all people who've been told they don't negotiate without a competing offer, either you don't have enough assets (experience, education, etc) for bargaining power or you need to work on your negotiation skills. I recommend investing a decent bit of time and money in learning effective negotiation. It's a low risk investment with high returns.

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Raytheon in December 2011.

I applied online and was contacted by someone within a week. They asked me what I would want to do in a position and after I replied they said that it sounds like the position that I would have there. I was flown out the next week for a 1 day interview (it would have been the day after the phone call but I had another interview on that day).
    I was escorted to a meeting room with 2 senior engineers and an engineering manager and we had a discussion about projects that I had worked on and my understanding of Real Time Embedded Systems. After our discussion, they stepped out for a few seconds, came back in and said they would be offering me the job. I took a brief tour of the facilities after this.
    I spent about 2.5-3 hours on the Raytheon Campus.

Advice:
    Know the position listing well and refresh yourself on relevant discussion topics.

Interview Questions
    I negotiated a signing bonus and slight salary increase. This took 1 day. They said they could work with me much more on salary if I had a competing offer from another defense contractor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Raytheon in March 2011.

Met with a group consisting of the software engineering manager and two other employees. Almost seemed like they were speed-interviewing since the entire interview was scheduled for only 30-minutes, and I was almost rushed out so that they could get to the next interview candidate.

Interview consisted mainly of describing my experience of the software development life-cycle and related processes of my prior job; no highly technical questions asked. Didn't get a tour of the facility, so it would have been hard to know if it was a fitting place to work.

From reading other reviews, it seems like the interview format varies based on the interviewer or department. It was a strange interview, but I don't have any major complaints. Got a rejection email 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your experience with [skill from your resume]   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in March 2010.

Applied online for a req in October and it wasn't until March the following year when they called. They immediately moved to fly me to Aurora for a person to person interview. Went through several rounds involving usually one or two people at a time. None of the questions were particularly technical and more along the lines of querying me on my background. Everything seemed positive at the time. So after nearly two weeks of nothing after the trip, I contacted the recruiter. I was told 4 weeks and I'll hear something back from her. After hearing nothing, I contacted her again. This time I was told effectively another month and a half due to some "roll off". Contacted after another 2 months and nothing back.

Software Engineer II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Raytheon in January 2013.

After clearing your aptitude round (which is conducted by AMCAT), you will face 3 other rounds. 1st one is data interpretation round in which you will be given test paper which you have to solve in 45 minutes. 1st interview will be completely based upon that. In 2nd interview you will be asked about your projects, some puzzles & guesstimates type of questions. Final round is HR.
    Thats it. Clear these rounds and get selected.

Interview Question – i find data interpretation round the most difficult.

Software Engineer II Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in August 2012.

The HR lady sent me an email at 8pm the day before to schedule an phone interview at 3pm the next day. I didn't see the email until 10am the next day, so I only had 5 hours to prepare. I confirmed, but she didn't. Little that I knew, It wasn't she who I was going to talk to, but two engineers. They had the wrong job application. They proceded to drill me on technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between ada and c++, other than the programming language   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Raytheon in November 2009.

Raytheon IDS recently made a strong effort at my university to recruit graduating talent in software/mechanical/electrical engineering. The company site has two 2 day invitational's a year which is where most of the interviewing takes place. Once there an applicant may have anywhere from 1 to 5 interviews scheduled. Travel and expenses from the interview(s) are obviously paid for. Overall they did a superb job attracting new talent.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you did not meet a deadline and what you did in response to it.   Answer Question