Raytheon

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Woburn, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by phone and invited to a large group interview event. When a scheduling conflict came up they brought me in for a 1 on 1 meeting with a recruiter. The duration of the interview was only about 45 minutes and I was given an offer the next week.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty standard and were mostly geared towards how I work in a team.   Answer Question

Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Raytheon in June 2008.

Interview Details – Very easy and efficient. Got hired on straight out of college. Interviewed in June during a mass interviewing session they were holding in town. Very well organized, interviewed for a job I applied for and two other jobs they thought I was qualified for, and everyone I met was very friendly. Had 3 panel interviews with 2-4 Raytheon employees and actually got a job that I didnt apply too and loved. After interviewing in June I recieved my formal offer in July and started in August. They were very willing to work with my timing.

Interview Question – Where I saw my career going in 5-10 years. As a new grad I had no clue.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not try to negotiate.

Huntsville, AL

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in May 2012.

Interview Details – Had two phone interviews about 2 weeks apart. There were three people, and the speaker-phone connection was a bit tough to deal with. Basically they had me outline my job history and some school information. Second interview was more of the same with some new people and some from before. The only technical questions were about some of the software experience I had with MATLAB ( B.S. mechanical engineering).

After the second interview, not much happened until I probed with an email about 2 weeks later and they said things were moving slowly, but I was still a candidate. Got a call the next week stating that they "would be making me and offer" hopefully by the next week. Got the call and finally the offer in about 4 weeks after the second interview.

A little slow, but it worked out well with my graduation timing. The interviewers were very friendly and seemed interested in the process.

Interview Question – Tell us about a situation where you have had to handle complex and changing situations   View Answers (2)

Very Easy Interview

Springfield, VA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in February 2010.

Interview Details – The phone interview was very brief. The main thing they want to know is if you can work well in a team environment. Overall, the interview lasted about 15 minutes. From other employees I've spoken with, it seems like their salary offer is a set amount and your "skills and experience" will not change that figure much at all.

Interview Question – Do you work well in a team environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was possible.

El Segundo, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Raytheon in December 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed for a new college graduate position. There were maybe about 75+ students or recent graduates interviewing for maybe 4-5 different groups. Most students were from colleges from all around the US, with numerous from Ivy League or similarly ranked engineering schools.

Overall the entire process lasted from approximately 8am to 3pm. First, they provided breakfast and had some presentations for about an hour. Then they split everyone up into groups of approximately 15 and had tours. The tours were kind of long and lasted almost 2 hours. Then they provided a catered lunch and interviews took place after.

Since I interviewed with 2 groups at SAS, I was interviewed by 3 people total, 2 from one group and 1 from the other. Each lasted approximately 20-30minutes. The interviews are all behavioral. They do ask a lot about coursework and stuff from your resume. I never really figured out what they were looking for exactly, as I have not had much experience with interviews.

Interview Question – What were your most favorite courses?   View Answer

Systems Engineer I

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview Details – The interview was not that bad mostly behavioral questions. Four pairs of interviewers rotated thru the conference room and most of the questions were overlapping.

Interview Question – NA   Answer Question

Systems Engineer I

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Raytheon in November 2010.

Interview Details – I was flown out to the facility as part of a hiring event for college hires. The first night consisted of a dinner and "meet and greet" with the hiring managers. The second day consisted of one on one interviews with various managers. The managers were very friendly and the questions centered around my resume as well as a few behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Systems Engineer I

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Raytheon in June 2009.

Interview Details – My professor told me about the job. I applied and was contacted a few weeks later with a very brief phone interview. Went to Raytheon for an interview with a panel of 4 people. Asking about my background and specific education experiences. Asked me what questions I had for them.

Interview Question – What specific skills do you have that most applicant do not that would make you an asset?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Systems Engineer I

The process took a day - interviewed at Raytheon in October 2007.

Interview Details – Had an initial interview on campus, lasted about a half hour and spoke about very limited technical tasks. Was invited for a 2nd interview at Raytheon, lasted about 4 hours with 4 different interviewers. Mainly non-technical questions and focused on making sure I was a good fit personality wise within the company (Raytheon lets your resume speak for itself with regards to your academic/technical skills...expect a minimum GPA of 3.2). Made sure I had no moral obligations working for a defense contractor and was a team player. The facility in Woburn was very modern and clean and all people I interviewed with were quite nice and down to earth.

Interview Question – Describe your ability to work in a team to problem solve large, complex tasks.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No as I was a college hire, but there is considerable room to negotiate salary as a professional hire.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Raytheon

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!

Raytheon Videos

Raytheon – Why Work for Us?

Raytheon: Aspiring to be the most admired defense and aerospace systems company through our world-class people and technology Raytheon is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Raytheon Systems Engineer I interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Raytheon employees and interview candidates.