Raytheon Systems Engineer I Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2014

2.3

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Raytheon.

*Note: I was told ahead of time they were looking to hire very quickly and it would be an expedited process. I don't know how normal this is for other positions.

Applied online and got a call from a recruiter 2 days later. The Recruiter gauged my interest in the job and when I said I was interested, I was told my information would be passed on to the hiring manager.

I got a call from the manager about 45 minutes later and had about a half hour interview.

The next week I was contacted again by both the manager and HR to request an onsite Interview. The onsite interview took place 3 days later. I was contacted within 1 business day with an offer

Interview Questions
I was happy with the offer and did not attempt to negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woburn, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in May 2012.

I was initially contacted by phone and invited to a large group interview event. When a scheduling conflict came up they brought me in for a 1 on 1 meeting with a recruiter. The duration of the interview was only about 45 minutes and I was given an offer the next week.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty standard and were mostly geared towards how I work in a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Raytheon in June 2008.

Very easy and efficient. Got hired on straight out of college. Interviewed in June during a mass interviewing session they were holding in town. Very well organized, interviewed for a job I applied for and two other jobs they thought I was qualified for, and everyone I met was very friendly. Had 3 panel interviews with 2-4 Raytheon employees and actually got a job that I didnt apply too and loved. After interviewing in June I recieved my formal offer in July and started in August. They were very willing to work with my timing.

Interview Questions
    • Where I saw my career going in 5-10 years. As a new grad I had no clue.   Answer Question
    I did not try to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in May 2012.

Had two phone interviews about 2 weeks apart. There were three people, and the speaker-phone connection was a bit tough to deal with. Basically they had me outline my job history and some school information. Second interview was more of the same with some new people and some from before. The only technical questions were about some of the software experience I had with MATLAB ( B.S. mechanical engineering).

After the second interview, not much happened until I probed with an email about 2 weeks later and they said things were moving slowly, but I was still a candidate. Got a call the next week stating that they "would be making me and offer" hopefully by the next week. Got the call and finally the offer in about 4 weeks after the second interview.

A little slow, but it worked out well with my graduation timing. The interviewers were very friendly and seemed interested in the process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a situation where you have had to handle complex and changing situations   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in February 2010.

The phone interview was very brief. The main thing they want to know is if you can work well in a team environment. Overall, the interview lasted about 15 minutes. From other employees I've spoken with, it seems like their salary offer is a set amount and your "skills and experience" will not change that figure much at all.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation was possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Segundo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Raytheon in December 2009.

I interviewed for a new college graduate position. There were maybe about 75+ students or recent graduates interviewing for maybe 4-5 different groups. Most students were from colleges from all around the US, with numerous from Ivy League or similarly ranked engineering schools.

Overall the entire process lasted from approximately 8am to 3pm. First, they provided breakfast and had some presentations for about an hour. Then they split everyone up into groups of approximately 15 and had tours. The tours were kind of long and lasted almost 2 hours. Then they provided a catered lunch and interviews took place after.

Since I interviewed with 2 groups at SAS, I was interviewed by 3 people total, 2 from one group and 1 from the other. Each lasted approximately 20-30minutes. The interviews are all behavioral. They do ask a lot about coursework and stuff from your resume. I never really figured out what they were looking for exactly, as I have not had much experience with interviews.

Systems Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Raytheon.

The interview was not that bad mostly behavioral questions. Four pairs of interviewers rotated thru the conference room and most of the questions were overlapping.

Systems Engineer I Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Raytheon in November 2010.

I was flown out to the facility as part of a hiring event for college hires. The first night consisted of a dinner and "meet and greet" with the hiring managers. The second day consisted of one on one interviews with various managers. The managers were very friendly and the questions centered around my resume as well as a few behavioral questions.

None.

Systems Engineer I Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Raytheon in June 2009.

My professor told me about the job. I applied and was contacted a few weeks later with a very brief phone interview. Went to Raytheon for an interview with a panel of 4 people. Asking about my background and specific education experiences. Asked me what questions I had for them.

Interview Questions
    • What specific skills do you have that most applicant do not that would make you an asset?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer I Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Raytheon in October 2007.

Had an initial interview on campus, lasted about a half hour and spoke about very limited technical tasks. Was invited for a 2nd interview at Raytheon, lasted about 4 hours with 4 different interviewers. Mainly non-technical questions and focused on making sure I was a good fit personality wise within the company (Raytheon lets your resume speak for itself with regards to your academic/technical skills...expect a minimum GPA of 3.2). Made sure I had no moral obligations working for a defense contractor and was a team player. The facility in Woburn was very modern and clean and all people I interviewed with were quite nice and down to earth.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your ability to work in a team to problem solve large, complex tasks.   View Answer
    No as I was a college hire, but there is considerable room to negotiate salary as a professional hire.

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!