Raytheon Systems Engineer I Interview Questions

2.2

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in October 2014.

I submitted a resume and cover letter online to be contacted by e-mail five weeks later requesting a phone interview. The phone interview took place three days later with a Systems Engineer. It was about 25 minutes going over my resume and my experiences and how they connected to the position. It was very easy going and I got a chance to ask questions throughout. The engineer told me he would put me through for the on-site interview. I was contacted a couple days later and the on-site was scheduled for the following week, all expenses paid. I, along with the other interviewees, was given a tour of the facility by recent hires, it lasted long enough to ask plenty of questions and get a sense of the environment. After the tour, we were all given a presentation about the company and then sent off to our respective interviews.There were three panel interviews and a one-on-one with the entire interview process lasting about 2 hours in total. All of the interviewers were engineers and each distinct group gave a general idea of the work they did. The interviews were casual just going over my experiences and how it might fit with the work that group did. There weren't any technical questions. After the interviews were over the interviewees collected together and were notified that we would receive a response by the following week. They made me an offer the next day with a written offer sent the following week.

Interview Questions
  • No Difficult questions. Talk about your senior design project. What do you think systems engineering is? What is your experience with MATLAB?   Answer Question
I didn't try to negotiate and I was very satisfied with the offer I received.

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Systems Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Raytheon.

*Note: I was told ahead of time they were looking to hire very quickly and it would be an expedited process. I don't know how normal this is for other positions.

Applied online and got a call from a recruiter 2 days later. The Recruiter gauged my interest in the job and when I said I was interested, I was told my information would be passed on to the hiring manager.

I got a call from the manager about 45 minutes later and had about a half hour interview.

The next week I was contacted again by both the manager and HR to request an onsite Interview. The onsite interview took place 3 days later. I was contacted within 1 business day with an offer

Interview Questions
    I was happy with the offer and did not attempt to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in May 2012.

Had two phone interviews about 2 weeks apart. There were three people, and the speaker-phone connection was a bit tough to deal with. Basically they had me outline my job history and some school information. Second interview was more of the same with some new people and some from before. The only technical questions were about some of the software experience I had with MATLAB ( B.S. mechanical engineering).

After the second interview, not much happened until I probed with an email about 2 weeks later and they said things were moving slowly, but I was still a candidate. Got a call the next week stating that they "would be making me and offer" hopefully by the next week. Got the call and finally the offer in about 4 weeks after the second interview.

A little slow, but it worked out well with my graduation timing. The interviewers were very friendly and seemed interested in the process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a situation where you have had to handle complex and changing situations   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in May 2012.

I was initially contacted by phone and invited to a large group interview event. When a scheduling conflict came up they brought me in for a 1 on 1 meeting with a recruiter. The duration of the interview was only about 45 minutes and I was given an offer the next week.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty standard and were mostly geared towards how I work in a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in February 2010.

The phone interview was very brief. The main thing they want to know is if you can work well in a team environment. Overall, the interview lasted about 15 minutes. From other employees I've spoken with, it seems like their salary offer is a set amount and your "skills and experience" will not change that figure much at all.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation was possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Raytheon in December 2009.

I interviewed for a new college graduate position. There were maybe about 75+ students or recent graduates interviewing for maybe 4-5 different groups. Most students were from colleges from all around the US, with numerous from Ivy League or similarly ranked engineering schools.

Overall the entire process lasted from approximately 8am to 3pm. First, they provided breakfast and had some presentations for about an hour. Then they split everyone up into groups of approximately 15 and had tours. The tours were kind of long and lasted almost 2 hours. Then they provided a catered lunch and interviews took place after.

Since I interviewed with 2 groups at SAS, I was interviewed by 3 people total, 2 from one group and 1 from the other. Each lasted approximately 20-30minutes. The interviews are all behavioral. They do ask a lot about coursework and stuff from your resume. I never really figured out what they were looking for exactly, as I have not had much experience with interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon in June 2008.

Very easy and efficient. Got hired on straight out of college. Interviewed in June during a mass interviewing session they were holding in town. Very well organized, interviewed for a job I applied for and two other jobs they thought I was qualified for, and everyone I met was very friendly. Had 3 panel interviews with 2-4 Raytheon employees and actually got a job that I didnt apply too and loved. After interviewing in June I recieved my formal offer in July and started in August. They were very willing to work with my timing.

Interview Questions
    • Where I saw my career going in 5-10 years. As a new grad I had no clue.   Answer Question
    I did not try to negotiate.

Systems Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon.

The interview was not that bad mostly behavioral questions. Four pairs of interviewers rotated thru the conference room and most of the questions were overlapping.

Systems Engineer I Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Raytheon in November 2010.

I was flown out to the facility as part of a hiring event for college hires. The first night consisted of a dinner and "meet and greet" with the hiring managers. The second day consisted of one on one interviews with various managers. The managers were very friendly and the questions centered around my resume as well as a few behavioral questions.

None.

Systems Engineer I Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Raytheon in June 2009.

My professor told me about the job. I applied and was contacted a few weeks later with a very brief phone interview. Went to Raytheon for an interview with a panel of 4 people. Asking about my background and specific education experiences. Asked me what questions I had for them.

Interview Questions
    • What specific skills do you have that most applicant do not that would make you an asset?   Answer Question