Raytheon

Relevance Date Difficulty

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer

Interviewed at Raytheon

Interview Details – Quick trip consisted of meeting individually with 6 different engineers. Most of the interview time was spent getting to know me personally with little technical discussion. What technical discussion occurred was primarily abstract. The interview process took approximately 8 hours. One major issue was the fact that it took over 2 months after the interview for them to get back to me with any information.

Interview Question – Various questions focused on analyzing far field antenna data.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
Forest, MS

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in June 2012.

Interview Details – Classic 2 call system, interview was more like begging us to come here. However, the pay was very low...

Then had a group on site interview and a few 1:1 interviews same day. It however was a bunch of lies to get is in the door. You could tell these folks were absolutely desperate to hire people. They pretty much showed me the money for a year and then it was time to go.

The interviewers were clueless, and had no idea what the Kirchhoff law is... one of them didn't even know Ohms law! So the interview was a piece of cake! I could have said that a transistor radio is made using 5 transistors and a flux capacitor and I was in!

Interview Question – Can you use a network analyzer? a spectrum analyzer?
How does a radio work?
What does an antenna do?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Basically, I was offered 90k plus 30k relocation/bonus. So I knew after the year to stay not to pay any relocation benefits I was out. It was ok to make 110k that year.

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!