Raytheon Interview Questions in Tewksbury, MA

Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.5

Information Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA).

Interview

Slow and haphazard. RTN HR (at the time) was not putting its best face forward. Web based process was less than intuitive. Getting a person to speak to you was difficult, until the time they reach out an call you. Phone screened, then sat with HR rep, then two individuals...none super impressive.

Interview Questions

• Very basic knowledge questions, ones I'd have expected to be asked to a much junior person, not one with decades of experience. Made me question the depth of knowledge of the interviewer(s).   Answer Question

Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

I submitted a resume and cover letter online to be contacted by e-mail five weeks later requesting a phone interview. The phone interview took place three days later with a Systems Engineer. It was about 25 minutes going over my resume and my experiences and how they connected to the position. It was very easy going and I got a chance to ask questions throughout. The engineer told me he would put me through for the on-site interview. I was contacted a couple days later and the on-site was scheduled for the following week, all expenses paid. I, along with the other interviewees, was given a tour of the facility by recent hires, it lasted long enough to ask plenty of questions and get a sense of the environment. After the tour, we were all given a presentation about the company and then sent off to our respective interviews.There were three panel interviews and a one-on-one with the entire interview process lasting about 2 hours in total. All of the interviewers were engineers and each distinct group gave a general idea of the work they did. The interviews were casual just going over my experiences and how it might fit with the work that group did. There weren't any technical questions. After the interviews were over the interviewees collected together and were notified that we would receive a response by the following week. They made me an offer the next day with a written offer sent the following week.

Interview Questions

• No Difficult questions. Talk about your senior design project. What do you think systems engineering is? What is your experience with MATLAB?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate and I was very satisfied with the offer I received.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA) in July 2013.

Interview

Initially, they get back to you in acceptable time. Then, it all goes south. They drag on the process for weeks. First, having the post internal, then saying they have to post externally. It's a good month before the interviews start. First, it's a phone interview. It's pretty straight forward. If you get a second, in person, interview, the person rarely seems interested. Like they are on a time crunch to get in so many people an hour. Overall, they don't really spend time answering your questions. They just say that they are good questions, provide a stock meaningless answers and then thank you for your time. It'll be another several weeks before you hear if you get the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Usually, they ask experience based questions. "Tell me how you handled this situation...." This time I was asked how I handled a situation where I had to improve a process and, as quickly as possible, what are the steps I took and what was the result. If you didn't succeed, don't bother using that example. It will automatically look poorly on you.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

12 or so candidates were brought together and taken a few at a time to interview. Total session included an info session about benefits at Raytheon and then two individual interviews each. The rest of the time we just relaxed in a big conference room with two hiring managers. The strangest part I would say was that we had to be "watched" the whole time, so even if we had to use the restroom, someone had to accompany us.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to give a boss bad news.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied on the company website and a month later, received an invitation for an interview at the Tewksbury location. Plane tickets, hotel, and rental car were all provided for.

On the day of the interview, I arrived at 2:45 PM and met with a few other candidates in the main lobby. We were then led through the facility to a conference room, where someone spoke for thirty minutes, discussing his experience at Raytheon. Afterwards, the candidates were shown their interview schedules. My schedule had 4 interviews, each with 1 or 2 people from a different department, each 30 minutes long with a 10 minute break in between (food and refreshments were provided).

The interviewers would spend the first 5-10 minutes explaining their department and work. Afterwards, they would look through my resume and ask for more information about my projects and work experience. Hardly any technical questions were asked (I think I only got one), they mostly asked basic behavioral questions.

Despite being there for nearly 4 hours, the interviews weren't too bad. It felt like they just wanted to meet you and see which department you would fit in. In fact, during one of the breaks, the hiring manager gave a brief overview of benefits, as if they were trying to convince us to work at Raytheon. Overall a good experience and I got a response in two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What would you say is your strongest trait?   Answer Question
    • What made you decide to go with software engineering?   Answer Question
    • If the company made you work extra hours without overtime pay, how would you react?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not try to negotiate

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA) in October 2009.

Interview

The interview was scheduled over the phone through HR. The questions were rather technical and detailed in nature, and many areas concentrated on my ability to get security clearance.

At times, there were many situational questions, behavioral questions were not the main subject of the interview. Very technical interview, focusing on a variety of engineering concepts rather than software development. When the technology based questions did come, they were sporadic and really meant to gaudge the level of flexibility of working with varying development enviroments and technologies while adhering to pre-existing standards and protocols. There was also an emphasis on quality and testing and dealing with deadlines as well as how to prioritize work.

There were three seperate people interviewing, one was the hiring manager, and the other two seemed to be senior engineers who had years of experience with the company.

Interview Questions

• A very mind numbing question about memory allocation and writing straight to the OS/registers - I haven't done this in a while, but apparently it was important.   Answer Question
    • How would you work with pre-established guidelines if you feel they are not the most efficient or unnecessary?   2 Answers

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA) in February 2009.

Interview

Internally passed in resume through an employeed friend.
    Interviewed with multiple team members in different levels of hierarchy in one day.
    Took a little over a month to get required clearance for the position due to dual citizenship.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to give up your other citizenship/passport for the clearance process?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Firm offer, no negotiation.

Systems Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA) in February 2009.

Interview

They use an outside company Hireright for the initial background check, this process is a little lengthy and confusing, some info and apps are submitted to your HR contact while some go to Hireright. Theinterview itself included a brief company overview, then I met with several different potential section managers who later did a selection process of which interns they each wanted. Only a very short offer acceptance window after the offer had been made, like a week or two at most.

Interview Questions

• What did you dislike about your previous internship experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation whatsoever, thier offer was a 25% increase over my previous internship an I was satisfied.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA) in January 2009.

Interview

Fair and balanced process. Well prepared and took notes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They made one offer and there was no negociating.

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA) in November 2007.

Interview

Straightforward.
    One on-campus behavioral interview.
    Then was requested to go on-site. The on-site was more to sell themselves than to sell myself., talked to many engineers who told me what the did and if it interested me.
    Was never asked a single technical question.
    Received an official offer a few days later in the mail.

Interview Questions

• All were easy and expected behavioral questions...what is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question