Raytheon Interview Questions & Reviews in Tucson, AZ

2.7

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Configuration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Raytheon in April 2013.

They was a job fair and I interviewed there and then called me on the phone and then invited me to a hiring conference in town.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you had to tell a supervisor they were wrong.   Answer Question
    Not much they sent a package with the offer and that was it.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon.

I was invited to fly down to Tucson for an onsite interview after having an easy phone interview. There was a networking event the day before the interview which I used to meet my managers before hand. I received an offer 2 hours after my interview

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Raytheon in August 2010.

It took almost three months to get hired. I finally went through their in-house temp agency which lead to a full-time, benefited position.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in June 2012.

Shortly after I applied through the employee referral process I was contacted by a recruiter. I was interviewed for a position that I did not initially apply for so the phone call was basically to gauge my interest in the position, this call lasted roughly 15 minutes and I was offered a chance to come onsite for a hiring event and interview. I flew to the campus and was taken out to dinner the first night by the Engineering HR group. This gave all the candidates to ask questions about the company. The next day I was put through 3 different sets of interviews. The interviews were made up of 3-4 different people with varying backgrounds. The next day I received an offer for the position that I interviewed for.

Interview Questions
    • The questions asked were very basic. Mostly asking about my role on various team projects and my internships. Nothing out of the ordinary, very easy technical questions about the systems engineering process.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, generous offer as well as a relocation package

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in March 2013.

Was invited to an onsite interview for 3 electrical engineering jobs each with at least three people who seemed to have different experience levels. No technical questions were asked, only behavioral.

Show that you have interest by knowing what the job is about.

Interview Questions
    • What assignment was too difficult for you, and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Found a better offer elsewhere.

Multi Disciplined Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Raytheon in April 2012.

If you get invited to a hiring event, then you'll have it easier than if you had a technical interview. Absolutely NO technical questions were asked. It's all behavioral questions to get an idea of your behavior in the workplace.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about yourself" because you don't know where to start. If you just recently graduated from school, talk about what you studied and what you majored in at which school.   Answer Question

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in August 2012.

Interviewed with four managers. Mostly each interview was me repeating my experience and then them asking "why do you want to work at Raytheon?". Just be ready to answer that one well.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpectedly, a manager asked, "what's a difficult problem you solved." I gave an pretty lackluster response. I suppose he was just looking for evidence of enthusiasm and critical thinking on my part. Got the job done.   Answer Question

NONE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in April 2009.

The person that interviewed me was 2 hours late to my interview, which turned out to be a good day for this individuals punctuality. I should have seen this as a warning sign, but I didnt want to see it. I was asked 3 poorly crafted questions and on the way out was told i would receive a written offer within a week.

Interview Questions
    • None, the questions were weak and poorly framed. The person who interviewed me had no business interviewing people.   Answer Question
    The only thing I believe you could negotiate was salary and at the time I didnt negotiate as I was happy to have the opportunity.

Systems Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Raytheon in April 2009.

I was recruited out of college. An interviewer came to my college and had scheduled interviews set up by the college of engineering. The interview took about 30 minutes. After this, I received an invitation for a recruiting weekend in Tucson. They flew me down, rented me a car, and put me in a very nice resort, along with over a hundred other soon-to-be college grads. We got a site tour, a few nice meals, and a morning of interviews with various departments.

Unfortunately, I was not mapped into the correct departments and had to request an interview with the department that ultimately hired me. Each interview was approximately 20 minutes, focusing on the work I had done in college and my area of expertise. Interviews as this level focused on technical expertise rather than obscure psychological questions.

It is important to note that after being hired, there is a lengthy and very in-depth application process for a DOD security clearance. This process goes into your past 5 to 7 years, depending on the level of clearance required. Applicants are required to list places they have lived, as well as individuals they have known and their contact information. It speeds the process considerably to have this information available beforehand.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall anything particularly difficult. However, they did ask me about non-linear control systems, a topic I had not yet studied.   Answer Question
    As their offer was beyond what I was expecting, I did not negotiate. However, a friend of mine successfully negotiated an additional 2k by simply requesting it and emphasizing his expertise in the field.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in August 2012.

I was brought in to interview for a Financial Analyst position. I was interview by two managers for the position. The questions ranged from tell us about yourself to what is the career end goal. A lot of the questions were mostly generic and business related such as have you ever dealt with a difficult team member and how did you handle that situation to how do go about creating a budget.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me was what is your career end goal.   Answer Question

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!