Raytheon

Updated Dec 5, 2014

2.7

32 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in October 2014.

Interview process started with an on campus interview and interview went well. Questions based on my college projects and behavioral questions. Flew to Arizona for the hiring event and they show you the site. They don't really show you where you could be working but on a secure facility that's too much to be expected. Dinner is after the site tour and you may have a chance to meet your interviewer. Just don't absorb their time and don't waste the chance to talk to other people because there are opportunities to gain more interviews with other departments. Overall, the interview process is pretty good.

Interview Questions
    • What is polymorphism? And they asked about my computer architecture classes   View Answer

Still in the midst of receiving an offer and also interviewing with another location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon in October 2014.

The whole process took about 2 months. I applied online, heard back about a week later that they wanted me to come to a hiring event in Tucson. The hiring event was mostly for engineers, but there were a few software people and some finance people too. The interviews happened on day 2 of the event. The interview was mostly me talking about my past experience and answering the basic behavior questions that everyone asks. They have almost no technical aspects of the interview, I have no idea how they choose candidates.

I found out during the interview that the position was actually not software engineering, it was just reporting metrics about software engineers' performance to managers and all programming was done in Excel! It sounded mind-numbingly boring and I definitely could not see myself making a career out of that. They emailed out offer confirmations the evening of the interviews; I received an email saying that they needed more time to decide.

About two weeks passed and I got a call from my recruiter with an offer. I was first insulted by how low it was, but their salary offer was precise down to the number of cents, as in something like $XX,432.64 a year. It was clear that the offer was all about the money with them and not about actually convincing me to work there. The offer was almost half of what tech companies offer and the job seemed very boring, I would not recommend it to anyone.

Interview Questions

Offer was insulting low and nothing about it was competitive with other companies.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Raytheon in September 2014.

Sent an email stating I would be contacted for the interview. I was called later and travel was set up to Tucson. Raytheon paid for the Airfare, rental car hotel and a per diem. The process was difficult due to several circumstances, but everyone was extremely helpful. They even worked on days off to ensure I made the interview. The interview itself was professional, straight forward and relatively causal. The experience increased my motivation to work for Raytheon.

Interview Questions
    • Show how you have broken down a problem into its components and came up with an innovative solution.   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon.

I was invited to fly down to Tucson for an onsite interview after having an easy phone interview. There was a networking event the day before the interview which I used to meet my managers before hand. I received an offer 2 hours after my interview

Configuration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon in April 2013.

They was a job fair and I interviewed there and then called me on the phone and then invited me to a hiring conference in town.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you had to tell a supervisor they were wrong.   Answer Question
    Not much they sent a package with the offer and that was it.

Multidisciplinary Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in March 2013.

I received an email from a Raytheon employee saying that they were going to be on campus and that I should attend an informational meeting. I'm not sure where they got my email from. I decided to go and then talked to one of the guys after the meeting. After looking at my resume for a couple seconds he added me to the interview list for the next day on campus. The on campus interview was pretty standard. Mostly behavioral questions and the same ones you get at other interviews. He asked several questions about my research and thesis topic and wanted me to explain more about what I have been working on. He pretty much told me I would be getting an invite to interview in Tucson with his group (Signal Processing Group).

I received a few phone calls from HR setting up travel arrangements and stuff to go down there. I also received a phone call from a different group (Modeling and Simulation) and they asked lots of the same questions I had in the on campus interview. They didn't know I was already going down there to interview with the Signal Processing group but when I told them they said they would want to interview me too.

The interviews in Tucson are pretty cool. There were probably 150 or more students there to interview and they put us all up in a really nice resort and all the interviews took place at the resort. One day we took buses to Raytheon to take a tour of the actual place. There were some banquet style dinners with really good food.

In the actual interviews they mostly asked behavioral questions but they did ask a couple of easy questions about Fourier transforms.

While I was driving to the airport about an hour after the interviews I got a call from one of the men I interviewed with from the Signal Processing Group and he said they were going to give me an offer. I was surprised to find out so soon but it was cool.

The next day or maybe 2 days later I got an email from HR saying I would be getting an offer and the official offer came in an email about 3 or 4 days later. They only give you 10 days to decide but they will give you an extension if you need one.

The offer was pretty good and it was the group that I really wanted to work in so I decided to accept the offer.

Interview Questions
    • If you have an N-point Fourier transform, what is the width of each frequency bin?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in March 2013.

Was invited to an onsite interview for 3 electrical engineering jobs each with at least three people who seemed to have different experience levels. No technical questions were asked, only behavioral.

Show that you have interest by knowing what the job is about.

Interview Questions
    • What assignment was too difficult for you, and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Found a better offer elsewhere.

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon in March 2013.

The process was pretty quick. I applied online and within a week received a call for a phone interview. Then I was offered to fly out to Tucson for their two day hiring event. It was really cool. You got a tour of the facility and were lodged very comfortably. There were about 100-150 people that attended the event as well.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the Fourier Transform?
      Explain a time when you had to write detailed instructions for someone and did it work?

Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in March 2013.

I applied online to a few positions. I was contacted via email in March 2013 to attend a hiring event in Tucson, AZ to be interviewed for a position I didn't apply for. There was about 150 candidates at the two-day event held at one of the resorts in Tucson. The first day they verified our citizenship, had lunch, went to the Raytheon plant site for a tour. It was a really nice facility, but I thought the tour was rather short. We only got to see three departments, I'm guessing this has to do with all the security restrictions. We then went back to the hotel, where we would then attend a reception to give a chance to interact with the various hiring departments. This is where you can have the chance to try and get additional interviews by showing interest to the hiring managers. It's kinda like speed dating, because the reception is only one hour long and once you start talking to a manager they get so much into talking about their job that it takes up to 15 -20 minutes of your time. All the hiring managers seem very happy and satisfied with their jobs. Following the reception, we were then wine and dined while they presented on Raytheon Missile Systems.
    The second day, after breakfast, were the interviews. I only had one interview. The interview consisted on questions about my resume, and about four behavioral questions. It is really important that you know every single line item on your resume, because they will ask!

Interview Questions
    • There was really no difficult questions. If you really want the job, you have to show them enthusiasm and desire to work for them. They really want to see that you are not just interviewing for the sake of interviewing rather that you are ready to step into the professional world!   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, as this would my first job out of college. Besides, the starting salary is very competitive and was more than I was expecting.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon in November 2012.

The hiring event was a two day event which included a luncheon and plant tour, reception and dinner with a chance to mingle with current managers followed by a breakfast/benefits meeting before an hour long interview. Each interview had two or three hiring managers. There were a total of 160 candidates applying in many different departments, many of whom had multiple interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time in which members of your team were unwilling to compromise and what did you do about it   Answer Question