Raytheon

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Industrial Engineer Interview

Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview Details – I was invited to fly down to Tucson for an onsite interview after having an easy phone interview. There was a networking event the day before the interview which I used to meet my managers before hand. I received an offer 2 hours after my interview

Interview Question – None. They were all very standard   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Raytheon in August 2010.

Interview Details – It took almost three months to get hired. I finally went through their in-house temp agency which lead to a full-time, benefited position.

Interview Question – It was a typical panel interview. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in June 2012.

Interview Details – Shortly after I applied through the employee referral process I was contacted by a recruiter. I was interviewed for a position that I did not initially apply for so the phone call was basically to gauge my interest in the position, this call lasted roughly 15 minutes and I was offered a chance to come onsite for a hiring event and interview. I flew to the campus and was taken out to dinner the first night by the Engineering HR group. This gave all the candidates to ask questions about the company. The next day I was put through 3 different sets of interviews. The interviews were made up of 3-4 different people with varying backgrounds. The next day I received an offer for the position that I interviewed for.

Interview Question – The questions asked were very basic. Mostly asking about my role on various team projects and my internships. Nothing out of the ordinary, very easy technical questions about the systems engineering process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, generous offer as well as a relocation package

Software Engineer I Interview

Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in March 2013.

Interview Details – Was invited to an onsite interview for 3 electrical engineering jobs each with at least three people who seemed to have different experience levels. No technical questions were asked, only behavioral.

Show that you have interest by knowing what the job is about.

Interview Question – What assignment was too difficult for you, and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Found a better offer elsewhere.

Multi Disciplined Engineer Interview

Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Raytheon in April 2012.

Interview Details – If you get invited to a hiring event, then you'll have it easier than if you had a technical interview. Absolutely NO technical questions were asked. It's all behavioral questions to get an idea of your behavior in the workplace.

Interview Question – "Tell me about yourself" because you don't know where to start. If you just recently graduated from school, talk about what you studied and what you majored in at which school.   Answer Question

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Senior Mechanical Engineer
Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in August 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed with four managers. Mostly each interview was me repeating my experience and then them asking "why do you want to work at Raytheon?". Just be ready to answer that one well.

Interview Question – Unexpectedly, a manager asked, "what's a difficult problem you solved." I gave an pretty lackluster response. I suppose he was just looking for evidence of enthusiasm and critical thinking on my part. Got the job done.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

None Interview

Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in April 2009.

Interview Details – The person that interviewed me was 2 hours late to my interview, which turned out to be a good day for this individuals punctuality. I should have seen this as a warning sign, but I didnt want to see it. I was asked 3 poorly crafted questions and on the way out was told i would receive a written offer within a week.

Interview Question – None, the questions were weak and poorly framed. The person who interviewed me had no business interviewing people.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The only thing I believe you could negotiate was salary and at the time I didnt negotiate as I was happy to have the opportunity.

Systems Engineer II Interview

Systems Engineer II
Tucson, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Raytheon in April 2009.

Interview Details – I was recruited out of college. An interviewer came to my college and had scheduled interviews set up by the college of engineering. The interview took about 30 minutes. After this, I received an invitation for a recruiting weekend in Tucson. They flew me down, rented me a car, and put me in a very nice resort, along with over a hundred other soon-to-be college grads. We got a site tour, a few nice meals, and a morning of interviews with various departments.

Unfortunately, I was not mapped into the correct departments and had to request an interview with the department that ultimately hired me. Each interview was approximately 20 minutes, focusing on the work I had done in college and my area of expertise. Interviews as this level focused on technical expertise rather than obscure psychological questions.

It is important to note that after being hired, there is a lengthy and very in-depth application process for a DOD security clearance. This process goes into your past 5 to 7 years, depending on the level of clearance required. Applicants are required to list places they have lived, as well as individuals they have known and their contact information. It speeds the process considerably to have this information available beforehand.

Interview Question – I don't recall anything particularly difficult. However, they did ask me about non-linear control systems, a topic I had not yet studied.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As their offer was beyond what I was expecting, I did not negotiate. However, a friend of mine successfully negotiated an additional 2k by simply requesting it and emphasizing his expertise in the field.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in August 2012.

Interview Details – I was brought in to interview for a Financial Analyst position. I was interview by two managers for the position. The questions ranged from tell us about yourself to what is the career end goal. A lot of the questions were mostly generic and business related such as have you ever dealt with a difficult team member and how did you handle that situation to how do go about creating a budget.

Interview Question – The most difficult question for me was what is your career end goal.   Answer Question

Multidisciplinary Engineer II Interview

Tucson, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in March 2013.

Interview Details – I received an email from a Raytheon employee saying that they were going to be on campus and that I should attend an informational meeting. I'm not sure where they got my email from. I decided to go and then talked to one of the guys after the meeting. After looking at my resume for a couple seconds he added me to the interview list for the next day on campus. The on campus interview was pretty standard. Mostly behavioral questions and the same ones you get at other interviews. He asked several questions about my research and thesis topic and wanted me to explain more about what I have been working on. He pretty much told me I would be getting an invite to interview in Tucson with his group (Signal Processing Group).

I received a few phone calls from HR setting up travel arrangements and stuff to go down there. I also received a phone call from a different group (Modeling and Simulation) and they asked lots of the same questions I had in the on campus interview. They didn't know I was already going down there to interview with the Signal Processing group but when I told them they said they would want to interview me too.

The interviews in Tucson are pretty cool. There were probably 150 or more students there to interview and they put us all up in a really nice resort and all the interviews took place at the resort. One day we took buses to Raytheon to take a tour of the actual place. There were some banquet style dinners with really good food.

In the actual interviews they mostly asked behavioral questions but they did ask a couple of easy questions about Fourier transforms.

While I was driving to the airport about an hour after the interviews I got a call from one of the men I interviewed with from the Signal Processing Group and he said they were going to give me an offer. I was surprised to find out so soon but it was cool.

The next day or maybe 2 days later I got an email from HR saying I would be getting an offer and the official offer came in an email about 3 or 4 days later. They only give you 10 days to decide but they will give you an extension if you need one.

The offer was pretty good and it was the group that I really wanted to work in so I decided to accept the offer.

Interview Question – If you have an N-point Fourier transform, what is the width of each frequency bin?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!

Raytheon Videos

Raytheon – Why Work for Us?

Raytheon: Aspiring to be the most admired defense and aerospace systems company through our world-class people and technology Raytheon is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Raytheon interview questions and advice in Tucson, AZ. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by Raytheon employees and interview candidates.