Razorfish Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

Creative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Razorfish (Austin, TX).

Interview

Nothing special about the interview process for this company, other than like other agencies of this kind, it's not just about your experience, it's the 'chemistry' that you're able to sell them during the interview process to inform them in just an hour that you're just like them. One implied message I got from interviewing them is that members of their creative team are into blood sport, because apparently no one above them is aware of what goes on in the lower ranks. Tip: try to dress like a stylish dork, and act trendy and shallow to let them know that you're just as lame as they are.

Content Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Razorfish (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me after finding me on LinkedIn. Had two phone interviews, one with the recruiter and one with another team member. It was fairly straightforward, and the questions were very standard. It ultimately did not work out as the position was for contract work and my hourly rate was too high. Oh -- and they definitely seemed to be looking for someone with a LOT of agency experience. Just a heads up for candidates who might not have that. Be prepared for it to come up.

Interview Questions

• They really wanted to talk about past agency experience and what new things I could add to the team.   Answer Question

Media Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Razorfish (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview experience was fantastic! The recruiter did an excellent job of explaining the position and the company in great detail and made me really excited about wanting to work at Razorfish. After a phone call with the recruiter I was then invited into the office to meet with some team members. They were also very nice and it was helpful to learn more about their day to day experiences working at the company. A week or so later they extended me the offer which I happily accepted!

Interview Questions

• Many behavioral based questions were asked which allowed me to give specific details of how I felt I could contribute so it was great   Answer Question

Presentation Layer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Razorfish (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Went through a 1-hour phone screen which I thought went well, but then didn't hear back for a couple of weeks. Received a call from the recruiter I was working with that they wanted to do a face to face. Overall, the interview went well enough - talked with 3 different developers for about an hour. I know I didn't ace the interview but I don't think I bombed either. The negative part for me was I never heard a peep from anyone after. I expected more from a company like this - at the very least an email. Even if you don't get the job, it helps to get feedback so you can learn from the experience... apparently they don't think that way. Or, to be fair, maybe that particular recruiter didn't think that way.

Interview Questions

• How would you style a particular element within an html form?   1 Answer

Interactive Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Razorfish (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

At first, a friend referred me to the HR person looking for candidates. I think connected with several HR people across the Seattle and SF (LA?) offices. Finally, I came in to meet with an associate creative director, followed by a meeting with a creative director. Overall, it was a great process with few hiccups.

Interview Questions

• They really wanted to know how much interactive experience I had.   Answer Question

Client Engagement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Razorfish (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

The process took over a month, but felt professional and efficient. The Austin office doesn't have any junior level CE's, which meant I could only ask senior level employees about their day to day. This made understanding the responsibilities of the position a bit difficult. Overall, the experience was a positive one. It was very thorough and gave both parties a chance to take an honest look at the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• What hands-on experience have you had with digital?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Razorfish in March 2015.

Interview

Talked briefly with a recruiter at a campus Career Fair and he invited me to have a brief conversation over the phone with an HR representative. After that, I was invited to Dayton for a final round-robin group interview. They said that this was the last part of their hiring process and that negotiations would begin after all campus recruiting had been finished.

Interview Questions

• What does a Business Analyst do?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Razorfish in March 2015.

Interview

I did a video interview and then heard absolutely nothing. I had to pester them to finally hear back about one of the two internships that I applied for. Still never heard back about the second one.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Razorfish (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied online for the Technical Intern position. First talked to a recruiter on the phone who gave a thorough rundown of the company and mostly asked behavioral questions. Then had multiple onsite 1-on-1 interviews with a couple of senior engineers. Mostly talked about technical experience, past projects, and things that I'm looking to get out of my experience at Razorfish. The interviewers are interested to hear the kinds of technologies that you like working with, especially web. I was also given the chance to actually show a past project website. Together the interviewer and I stepped through the code while I explained parts of it. Overall a very refreshing interview compared to many other technical ones.

Senior Social Media Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Razorfish.

Interview

I went through an interview with a recruiter and then one with a hiring manager. Both were pretty standard. What's been really surprising to me, though, is that the recruiter has since dropped off the face of the planet. I sent three follow-up emails over the space of two months and never heard anything back. I used to really want to work for Razorfish and now I'm not so sure.