Razorfish

Updated Jan 26, 2015

3.1

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Razorfish in November 2012.

Great recruiting process! I was lucky to be referred internally and was contacted for 1st phone screening by recruiter. Super cool and very relaxed. 2nd phone interview was with a Media Director. Both lasted 30mins each and included many questions about my self. The last interview round was a 3person Skype interview round. Never done it before but all the people were very pleasant talking to. Overall great. Only bad thing is that I didn't get an offer

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to weird. Straight forward. Many questions about yourself and the company.   Answer Question

Search Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Razorfish.

I had a very pleasant phone interview with a Razorfish HR recruiter, and then a 3-4 hour in-person interview with about 4 people. The in-person interview was a bit tough due to the length. However, the diversity of people (from account managers to directors) helped me better understand Razorfish's culture and the work they do.

Interview Questions
    • What is "display"? This was a random question from an account supervisor, who was playing the "bad cop" role. Even when I didn't get the answer right, she took me through the correct answer. It was more about my reaction and how I handled a hard question, rather than knowing the right answer.   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase was easy because I was desperate to get out of my previous job. The pay was much higher than my measly admin salary (about 15% higher) and the recession was in effect so I said yes to a base salary a little lower than other search coordinators.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Razorfish in September 2012.

First round with HR. Second round with group manager. HR was just checking the background information and the interview went only 15mins. The group manager asked a lot of questions about the previous projects the hands-on SAS experience.

Interview Questions
    • Questions from the group manager are pretty routine and standard. Could you tell me about the SAS project you did, what difficulties you have encountered and how did you solve them?   Answer Question

Information Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Razorfish in August 2012.

From the day I submitted by resume, to the day I received the phone call informing me that I was hired the process took less than a month. Interviews were progressive (building from an initial recruiting screening--with an excellent recruiter I might add--moving to an over-the-phone conversation with a more senior level UX employee, and ending in a full in-person interview for which I was flown out), and each person I spoke with was professional, personable, and informative. They've really got this interviewing thing down to a science.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part for me to grasp was the company's overall lack of interest for reviewing my work during the in-person interview. The in-person was a very much "get to know you" / "get to know the company" sort of thing, which is great, but a bit jarring at first, especially when fully prepared to, in a sense, "present" my work.   Answer Question

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Razorfish.

I submitted my resume online and got an email a few days later from HR asking to set up a phone interview. I emailed my availability within hours of receiving the email. 3 days went by and I never heard back from HR. I emailed again and finally called and left a voice mail. 2 days went by and no response. As one last attempt, I call HR and am finally able to speak to the Rep. We schedule a phone interview for the following day: the interv lasted about 40 minutes and was a mix of casual conversation and typical scripted questions. She was nice and easy to talk to---she said she'd let me know in a few days. I never heard back from her. Even after emailing and following up.

A quick "no" would have been enough, Razorfish. Thanks for stringing me along for every step of the process.

Social Media Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Razorfish in June 2012.

I was initially contacted by a recruiter in San Francisco on LinkedIn about a job in Seattle. She was amazing. the job was put on hold and a new recruiter in Seattle took over the search. She was so unfriendly and unhelpful that I took myself out of the search

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a project you did for your clients and how they responded   Answer Question

I felt like the recruiter in Seattle just wanted me to take the job, I didn't like her attitude or the pressure

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Razorfish in May 2012.

Overall this was the most unprofessional interview (phone or in-person) I've ever had. The lady worked out of their San Francisco office (job position was in Seattle) and the position she wanted to interview me for wasn't the position I applied for in anything other than the title. After she and I came to this realization (five minutes into the call) she apologized, said they've been having difficulties coming up with accurate job descriptions and several people have had the same experience.

She briefly described some of actual job duties which varied significantly to what was in the job description I applied to. I was answering her questions and at one point she interrupted me and said "I'm sorry, I stopped typing. Can you repeat all that."

At that point I had experienced all I needed to. I've never encountered someone so downright rude and unprofessional in an interview environment. I told her I'm no longer interested in the position or the company and that I'm sorry both of our time was wasted. She made a thin attempt at an apology but by then it was too little, too late. I thanked her again for the interview opportunity, wished her a good evening, and ended the call.

If Razorfish ever reads this: work on your job descriptions so they're accurate to the actual job your potential employee will be doing. Hearing that you're having issues with our own job descriptions made the place rather unattractive right off the bat. Then after further interaction with the interviewer I knew I wasn't interested. Your company could be the greatest place in the world to work at but if you can't come up with accurate job descriptions and a professional hiring team then several people will be turned off immediately.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the position and account management?   View Answer

Associate Creative Director Interview

interviewed at Razorfish in May 2012.

Very Clear and Concise.

SF is too cold

Data Warehouse Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Razorfish in February 2012.

A few groups of managers and engineers do ad hoc questions. theyt ask about SCRUM datawarehouse models, how well you do under pressure? small room with glass wall and a white board. Nice group of people.

Interview Questions
    • Open ended questions and deliberately vague to draw out your questions.   View Answer

They seem stressed out.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Razorfish in November 2011.

I applied for the position online. Then the lady from HR called me and we had a short phone conversation I would say about 5-10 min at the most. We set up a day for me to come in to have an in person interview. She e-mailed me with the details. I was going to interview with 4 people, 2 at a time.

The in person interview was awesome. The office was great it was downtown Austin. The ladies that I meet with were friendly and the overall interview was personable instead of being uptight as some other interviews I have been on. After the in person interview they called me a couple days later to ask for references. I e-mailed them to her and then she called the next week to say that I didn't get the job. The were looking for someone with more executive assistant experience. I just have three years of administrative assistant.