Razorfish

Employer Engaged

Razorfish Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Razorfish.

I submitted my resume online and got an email a few days later from HR asking to set up a phone interview. I emailed my availability within hours of receiving the email. 3 days went by and I never heard back from HR. I emailed again and finally called and left a voice mail. 2 days went by and no response. As one last attempt, I call HR and am finally able to speak to the Rep. We schedule a phone interview for the following day: the interv lasted about 40 minutes and was a mix of casual conversation and typical scripted questions. She was nice and easy to talk to---she said she'd let me know in a few days. I never heard back from her. Even after emailing and following up.

A quick "no" would have been enough, Razorfish. Thanks for stringing me along for every step of the process.

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Razorfish in January 2011.

I was contacted by the recruiter from the Seattle office since recruiting is handled there. Total mystery even though SF is substantial. I had a phone screening that went really well, and that led to my on-site meeting with at least 6 team members ranging from Managing Director, Senior Account Directors, Project Managers, etc. The whole interview took almost 4 hours. The people were awesome, but sounded they were looking for people with more digital experience and they weren't convinced I had enough knowledge since I had more traditional than digital, even though I was most recently at an all digital shop. No hard feelings though. The recruiter assured I was qualified and invited me to apply to any future listings. Maybe it boiled down to personality match. I was not that upset about it because the SF office has a lot of tech clients, which is not that interesting to me anyway.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an innovative campaign you have launched.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Razorfish in November 2010.

Secured a phone interview after applying online. Followed by a 1:1 with the Sr manager. Good culture, great office space.

Interview Questions

Got another offer from a more reputed company

Content Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Razorfish in June 2010.

Great interview, they said they were going to bring me in, but there wasn't any follow up. As a contractor, this happens sometimes. Everybody was really friendly and positive, the problem was there didn't seem to be follow-through. The process involved: (a) contact from recruiter, (b) eventually a phone interview, (c) nothing.

Associate Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Razorfish in March 2010.

The interview process consisted of a phone interview with the hiring manager and then a week later, an in person 3-person panel interview over the course of two hours.

The interviewer was very organized and efficient in the beginning, at least. But, then she took almost a month to get back to me. In the meantime, I found myself another job and had to decline Razorfish's job offer. I was pretty annoyed by the delay.

The San Francisco office is well located at Fisherman's Wharf although it is a tourist-y locale. The folks in the office appeared like a cool, creative crowd. The furniture in the lobby is dated circa early 90's.

Interview Questions

I declined the offer because Razorfish took almost a month to follow-up after our interview. The offer was at least 10-15% more than industry standard.

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Razorfish in August 2009.

Interview with Director of User Experience Design. 1:1 with Design Director, Creative Director and Vice President of Client relations. Could be a very fun environment, but is challenging job. (Long Hours, Client Meetings, Travel)

Interview Questions
    • What do you do when you have multiple projects that have the same deadline?   Answer Question
    Their salaries tend to be fairly competitive with the Market. If they want you, they will compensate fairly.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Razorfish in January 2009.

group and individual Portfolio review with 3 individuals

Interview Questions
    • Show & tell us how about a project that you completed under tight deadline pressure   View Answer
    • How did you find your college experience   View Answer

other offer

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Razorfish in August 2008.

It was a little different because I went in as a freelancer first. So It was easier being in, than if you were starting fresh. There weren't any specific questions as much as evaluating you based on your creative work. Creative jobs are a little different from other positions. The hardest part was the negotiation process. It was a nightmare.

Interview Questions
    • There were no specific questions, again because I was already freelancing there.   Answer Question
    Terrible! The recruiter person was so lame. He wouldn't say the salary nor the benefits and it went back and forth for about 3-4 weeks.