Razorfish Strategist Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Razorfish in January 2007.

The HR group was organized and very helpful, particularly the recruiter who led me through the process. I appreciated the prompt phone follow-up after interviews, and detailed information about what to expect within the interview itself.

I had one phone interview as well as a half-day on-site interview. The half-day consisted of meeting with five senior team members for at least 30 minutes each, as a "case interview." The case interview presented a digital business problem and required me to come up with a strategic solution. I was given about 30 minutes to write a presentation on blank Powerpoint slides and then present/defend the solution to two team members posing as clients.

Success factors for the interview: knowledge of economic and strategic business factors affecting online businesses, poise under fire, understanding of the online environment and understanding of what makes successful web products from the user perspective.

I interviewed for the position on Wednesday morning and received a verbal offer by Thursday evening.

Interview Questions
  • Kodak is experiencing the decline of a decades-long dominance of film based business. How should Kodak respond to the drop in film sales and the rise of digital photography? What new products or services should Kodak offer? How should these services be marketed?   Answer Question
  • What are some of the ways that you would measure the success of an online publisher?   Answer Question
I gave some guidance about what kind of salary I was looking for, on the afternoon before I received the offer. The company arrived about 10K higher than that, and I accepted.

Worked for Razorfish? Contribute to the Community!