ReSearch Pharmaceutical Services Interview Questions

Updated Oct 2, 2014

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at ReSearch Pharmaceutical Services

Medical Coding Specialist Interview

Initial interview by phone. For face to face meeting I met with several from RPS employees (managers, project leads, etc.) and 3 coders from the sponsor company. Interview was several hours and they were conducting interviews with other candidates for the position at the same time.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a "test" by sponsor for coding several terms.   Answer Question

CPA Interview

Series of phone interviews and then some more phone interviews and finally an in person interview. very long and boring process.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for RPS/PRA? Talking about your experience with computers, and software used by researchers.   View Answer
    Painful

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ReSearch Pharmaceutical Services in October 2011.

I was contacted on LinkedIn by one of their recruiters. I spoke with her for 45 minutes a few days later. She wanted me to speak to another of their recruiters. That took another 60 minutes. Wanted me to speak with the Head of the Project Group and he was ok with me, I would then go to the client site for an in person interview. He never ended up calling me or emailing an apology which is totally unprofessional. At that point, I spoke to one of the recruiters again and told them to forget it because I accepted a position somewhere else.

I really wasn't qualified for the position and didn't have any experience in what they were looking for but they really were pushing for me to take the position. They just care about filling the position so that the sponsors will pay them the big $$ for it. Benefits there are horrible. $150/month out of pocket for single health insurance. No 401k match. 3 weeks paid time off (includes personal time and sick days). RPS is basically a staffing agency. Employees work on contract and go to client sites. Don't bother with them.

Supply Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Forge, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Forge, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at ReSearch Pharmaceutical Services in May 2010.

Ii actually was integrated when my contractor position was ended prematurely. I was working as a contractor with a two year non renewable contract. This company I was contracted to would not allow more than a two year contract. The training period was at least 4 to 6 months. So they worked with RPS and signed an insourcing contract to allow more than 2 years for a contractor. i was rolled into this insourcing position with only an over the phone salary negotiation.

Interview Questions
    • tell me something about yourself that is not in your resume.   Answer Question

Regulatory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swiftwater, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swiftwater, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ReSearch Pharmaceutical Services in March 2008.

Received a phone call from recruiter, then interviewed with a manager there. From there I got the interview at the sponsor.

Interview Questions
    The salary I ended up with was less than what the recruiter said it was going to be.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ReSearch Pharmaceutical Services in November 2011.

One of their recruiters contacted me after viewing my profile on LinkedIn. I spoke with her for approximately 45 minutes. She then sent me the job description and I emailed her back that I would be interested in pursuing the opportunity. She then said one of her colleagues would contact me. He called and left a message. I returned his call and left a voicemail message. I ended calling him back apbout 4 more times and leaving messages. At that time I called my initial contact and explained her colleague has not returned any of my calls-which I consider extremely unprofessional.. She then told me that they changed the job description and my qualifications no longer fit their need. Which is all well and fine, however, someone should have contacted me and let me know.

Interview Questions
    • How have you proactively handled a problem in your job?   Answer Question

Regional CRA Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at ReSearch Pharmaceutical Services in April 2010.

several interviews within RPS (program manager as well as HR) asking routine situational questions, then several interviews with the client with whom you'll be working directly asking same routine questions about your background, previous experience as well as situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • describe your past working experience   Answer Question
    • descrie one of the challenges you've faced and how you resolved such situation   Answer Question