ReTargeter Interview Questions

2.8

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ReTargeter (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I would say it was a very standard interview process. The only difference I would say is how many people I got to speak with during my interviews. I was able to speak with people from all divisions in the company which was a first for me.

Interview Questions

• How many soccer balls are there in China?   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ReTargeter (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was very new to San Francisco and was a temp. at a horrible agency when I stumbled upon ReTargeter's website. The application process was easy and my LinkedIn account did most of the work for me. I got a really quick response from a company they use to recruit to let me know they received my resume. The next day the VP emailed me to set up a phone screen which also took about 15 minutes and happened within a day. I was then invited to interview in person at their downtown office. The office space has a funky start up vibe done with sleek professionalism. The view is stunning and the conference rooms are more on the serious side while the work space is very open and collaborative. I was put into a conference room and about six different people came in one by one, which was a great idea. I have been to many interviews where you meet one person, and that one person has to be representative of the entire company, which is rarely accurate. Meeting several people all from different teams really gave me an understand of what this company was about. Everyone I met with seemed to be filled with pure excitement for what they're doing here. It was inspiring to meet with a team of young individuals that were so motivated. Overall the experience was one of the best I've ever had at an interview.

Interview Questions

• How many soccer balls are in China   1 Answer

Negotiation

They made an offer that I was comfortable with right from the start.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ReTargeter (San Francisco, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

While interviewing at ReTargeter, it was clear that they take their business and interview process very seriously by being direct and open with candidates from the start. They did an amazing job throughout the interview cycle and it was apparent that the employees are a very driven group that works extremely hard towards reaching overall personal and team goals. After an initial phone call with the Director of Account Operations, I was invited into the office to meet with the team.

My initial office interview lasted about 2 ½ hours. I was amazed when I quickly found myself in one-on-one interviews with six different people from the Account Management, Sales, and Marketing teams. The importance of company culture and personality fit was apparent in every conversation. The interview questions were challenging and I appreciated the humor, honest responses, and authenticity the team presented rather than just asking the standard interview questions.

My final interview consisted of meeting with the majority of the executive team within the company, including the CEO and VP. It was very motivating to see how determined the leadership team is to grow the company and make it successful now and in the future. I really appreciate how transparent and professional the whole team was regarding the Account Manager role and company culture, and I believe they did a great job throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• It was unexpected and refreshing to have so many questions about my personal background and interests. Each person I interviewed with also had very specific questions around how I would respond to the role and challenges that might arise in various case scenarios.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ReTargeter (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

OnGIg - Online Form
    Initial Phone Screen
    Secondary Phone
    In Person Interview - round Robin - 6 people or so
    Job Offer

Interview Questions

• Pitch me on ReTargeter and tell me why we are better than the competition   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ReTargeter (San Francisco, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

I was not very impressed with this company AT ALL. I began the process by speaking with the "VP of Revenue and Operations", who was the sales lead at that time. This guy was not the "sharpest tool in the shed". He doesn't have much insight on the industry and when I asked about the opportunity with the company, he seems to have a very dull and ill-informed response. This was red flag #1.

I was then asked to visit the team in-person and I will admit, I was pretty excited. I have seen pictures online and was really looking forward to checking it out. Upon arrival, I was sadly disappointed by the office, the size and the lack of organization. I understand it was a startup, but there were crammed desks when there was a bunch of just random open space and random conference rooms in the back. They put me in the conference room, where I had to wait 30 minutes to meet the first guy, an Account Executive who seemed to not be the brightest individual either. He came from a recruiting background and had no prior knowledge of the digital ad industry. The second sales exec I met with was a fresh college grad. This was Red Flag #2.

I met with a few others and they all asked the same typical interview questions, including this one kid who graduated from Cal and was condescending and egotistical. Funny thing is, I found out that he would have been my boss –YA right. This guy asked me some lame Google interview questions, thinking that Retargeter holds the same standards as a company like Google. News Flash – this company is a retargeting company with slim to no growth potential. Red Flag #3

Finally, I met with the CEO – who actually seems like a somewhat smart guy, minus his very un-personable approach to the interview, which I can respect.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about working 14 hour days.   1 Answer

In conclusion, after meeting with the VP of Rev and Ops, 2 AEs, the manager from Cal Berkley, and the CEO, I decided this role was definitely not for me. Red flags: #1 – VP is not smart and doesn’t know anything about the industry. #2 They have 2 non-experienced Account Executives, why? Ohh, must be because Retargeter is not a true digital ad company. It’s just a company that will drop cookies on your computer and follow you with ads. Annoying ad technology that should be illegal. #3 This guy just twisted me the wrong way with everything. I find myself still feeling sorry for this kid, better yet, for the people that work for him. Someone needs to tell him put some thought into coming up with his own interview questions.
    All in all, this company was a huge disappointment, and to be honest a huge waste of my time. The only parts that looked cool were lunch and a foosball table.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ReTargeter.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview and was given a personality/cultural fit quiz....the most ridiculous thing ever...waste of time....very outdated process and very corporate procedure for a startup run org.

Interview Questions

• Note: read other comments on Glassdoor....great headsup and warning to those really care about who they work for and with.   Answer Question