ReachLocal Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2015
Updated Mar 18, 2015

2.6

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ReachLocal.

Has a phone interview with weird questions like shapes that do not belong and brain teasers, they said no right answers, but apparently there were...

Interview Questions
    • a question about where to place animals in a zoo and which cages they should each belong in   Answer Question

Internet Marketing Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ReachLocal in June 2013.

I was contacted by a ReachLocal recruiter via LinkedIn. The recruiter was very upfront regarding the position. During the interview process I met the local Sales Manager and the Area Sales Manager in person, I had phone interview with the Regional Manager and 2 phone interviews with the recruiter. I submitted a resume, completed an online application and took an online personality test. Although it may seem like a lot of steps it went very smoothly and I was never left to wonder where I stood.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to start a career at ReachLocal?   View Answer

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Initial phone call, then an excel test and a data analysis exercise to be completed online.

Data Analyst Interview

First a call from the company's talent acquisition specialist who found my resume on monster.com.
    Then sent me the screen test. (failed)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ReachLocal in April 2013.

Applied online and didn't receive a response until I contacted an employee to refer me into the recruiters. Phone interview w recruiter was very brief to verify relevance, and I was scheduled for an in-person with the Regional Sales Manager. They were flooded with interviewees at this time and it felt like a cattle call.

Interview Questions
    • How many calls did you make per day at your last job? How many appointments did you set? How many appointments did you run? Why don't those numbers add up to your monthly number of meetings? Why didn't you make more sales?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, and offer was through the recruiters instead of management.

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ReachLocal.

HR person did not submit my resume to manager for over a month. Finally did a phone interview and then a face to face.
    HR screwed up the interview times and it lasted much longer, after being told that I would hear back shortly I never heard back from anyone.
    Left voice messages and emails and never heard back on decision either way. This HR person in Woodland Hills does not seem to care nor does she display any person skills.

Interview Questions
    • Given an IQ test that needed to be answered within a couple of minutes.   Answer Question

Internet Marketing Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ReachLocal.

Interview and hiring process was extremely quick, as I'm sure the recruiter was ready to get his bonus. My recruiter was a very nice guy, but EXTREMELY dishonest in telling me what I could expect to earn.

Applied online after a job in media fell through after a management change up and was called that same day for an interview. The second interview was in person with the Regional Sales Manager where he basically just talked to me (at me) for an hour. I barely got a word in. Mainly he wanted to see how many accounts you could bring in through personal connections. And he loved the sound of his voice, so he basically just took charge of the conversation. I had an interview with the North East Director of sales over the phone the next day and was hired the next. In all, it took less than a week for everything to happen.

Interviews like this happen often in the regional offices because they are constantly firing people after only a few months or people are leaving on their own. There's an insane amount of employee turnover because it's really not all its cracked up to be.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you if you understand the products. So do a lot of research if you want the job, and be ready to talk about any media sales experience you have.   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase wasn't very much. They asked me what I wanted in a salary and I told them, and they obliged. I might have been able to push for more, but to be honest, it was my first job in sales (and last) and I didn't have much presence to make demands.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ReachLocal in January 2013.

Although I applied for a different position, I was contacted by HR because they liked my skills for the IMC position. I emailed HR back to set up an interview but didn't hear back from HR until 2 weeks later. After sending my schedule information again to set up a phone interview, HR never got back to me, which I found odd considering they contacted me because they were interested. Unprofessional and disorganized.

Web Presence Professional Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ReachLocal in January 2013.

The interview process was great. I recieved a call from a recruiter who had found my resume online and was asked a few questions about my interest. I got the opportunity to ask questions of my own before agreeing to come in for an interview. Speaking with everyone at the office was a wonderful experience, and really made me feel at home!

Interview Questions
    • Some questions included background experience, and handling how to increase social media engagement. The interview was very conversational and comfortable.   Answer Question

IMC Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ReachLocal in June 2012.

They rushed me through the process. The guy who hired me hadn't done all the paperwork in advance and the HR lady was surprised I'd been offered a job she didn't know about.

Interview Questions
    • None at all. They are desperate to hire bodies and still are.   Answer Question
    It was OK- HR tried to push my salary down some saying they didn't pay any guarantees but that wasn't true.