Reachlocal

2.5

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Reachlocal in March 2012.

The recruiter knows their information for the diction they are hiring for and is there every step of the process. They answered almost all my questions and were very thorough with explaining everything. My particular recruiter always kept me posted as to my progress in the process. I had a phone interview with the recruiter, then another phone interview with the person that manages the Account Manager program. Next step was an interview at the local office with the hiring Internet Marketing Consultant.

Other Interview Reviews for Reachlocal

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Reachlocal in October 2010.

There are a few levels of interviewing that are typically done. First, you start with a recruiter. Then, once you can move forward from there, for the Account Manager position you will interview with the Regional Sales Manager and Internet Marketing Consultant. From there you will also need to interview with the Area Director. Because you are not only interviewing for a position but also to work as a true team with an Internet Marketing Consultant every interview can be extremely unique. You have to not only be able to handle the responsibilities of the job but REALLY groove with the Internet Marketing Consultant.

Interview Questions
    • Probably different than any other interview I've ever had, I was informed of what I would like least about the Internet Marketing Consultant I was going to be working with (from her) and then asked what she would like least about me. It was not as formal as most of my interviews had been but considering how much time we spend together I think it was really important to really make sure that we were compatible.   Answer Question
    There really was no negotiations. I was informed that the base salary was standard for the position. And commission raises are really up to the Internet Marketing Consultant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reachlocal in June 2008.

I was contacted by a recruiter who saw my resume online. I had multiple phone interviews, then 2 one-on-one interviews. Within the next 2 days, I had my offer and started a couple weeks later. Much of my interview process was learning about the company and role I would be fulfilling.

Interview Questions
    I was slightly. I had extensive industry experience so I asked for more than the starting salary, but I was not too far from their range so they were accommodating.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Reachlocal in June 2012.

A 3 hour interview in which I met several different people in the business but was not asked one 'interview' question. I was given some data to analyse which I discussed with the person I would potentially be working for.
    They then invited me in another time for a few hours to 'see the job in action'.

Interview Questions
    I had another offer and tried to negotiate on salary but they refused.

Account Manager Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Reachlocal in June 2011.

I was contacted by a recruiter at ReachLocal (she saw my resume on Monster). I had never heard of ReachLocal before, but was definitely interested, so here was my interviewing process:

1) Phone screen interview with the recruiter
    2) Phone interview with a Program Manager
    3) Personality and skills tests (conducted online)
    4) In person group interview with the Regional Sales Manager and my potential team mate, an Account Executive
    4) Phone interview with the Area Director

The recruiter was very great about following up with me and keeping me informed throughout the process. From the beginning, I had great vibes when I interviewed with each employee of ReachLocal. The office was unique with a basketball hoop and a putt putt stand.

If you're interested in working at ReachLocal, make sure you are fully confident in your interviews and you'll be fine. The main reason I got the job was because I asked for it, so show you really want it!

Interview Questions
    • The sales skills test was a little tricky, but it's best to go with your instinct on these types of tests.   Answer Question
    When I asked about negotiating salary, I was declined, but I was OK with that.

Account Manager Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Reachlocal in April 2008.

It involved being contacted by a recruiter, had a few phone interviews (the kind that seem like they're 1:1 but have people listening in) and went in for I believe 3 long in-person interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Questions asked include explaining a google search landing page, how search works, brain teaser questions to see how you think, going over background, and a little sales role play.   Answer Question
    negotiated slightly on salary. i would advise others to do the same, as established sales reps there have a base salary of around $50k on top of 11% monthly commissions if their #'s are right. so they can make easily around $160k per year.