Reachlocal Internet Marketing Consultant Interview Questions & Reviews

31 interviews

2.8

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Internet Marketing Consultant Interview

2 interviews...one in person with regional sales manager and another over the phone with area director.

Interview Questions
  • Pros/Cons of companies employing a robust SEM strategy...challenges to run it effectively.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Reachlocal

Internet Marketing Consultant Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reachlocal.

Interview process was detailed. Three phone interviews with recruiter who works for the company and a manager outside the area. Two face to face interviews, one with the area manager and regional manager. Also went through training for a week in Dallas...very thorough. Upper management used to be present for training but company has since gone through a big disconnect.

Interview Questions
    • There is an assistant position that pays a guarantee of around $70,000 or an IMC position that is salaried at $38000 plus commission. Which position are you looking for?   View Answer
    Negotiated a guarantee of $50k salary first year by showing W2 from previous position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reachlocal in April 2013.

Applied online and didn't receive a response until I contacted an employee to refer me into the recruiters. Phone interview w recruiter was very brief to verify relevance, and I was scheduled for an in-person with the Regional Sales Manager. They were flooded with interviewees at this time and it felt like a cattle call.

Interview Questions
    • How many calls did you make per day at your last job? How many appointments did you set? How many appointments did you run? Why don't those numbers add up to your monthly number of meetings? Why didn't you make more sales?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, and offer was through the recruiters instead of management.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online - interviewed at Reachlocal in April 2011.

I submitted my resume online and was contacted the same day by a recruiter. I came with 10 years of experience and numerous accomplishments and awards working with small to business owners with their digital web presence, so I was a great fit for their company which is part of the reason I was contacted immediately. I had two interview, one with the Chicago Regional Sales Director and one with the Area Sales Director.

On both interviews, I was prepared with questions I had for them regarding the opportunity and the company which showed them with my confident personality and that I truly was interested in joining their team.

Interview Questions
    • I had done my homework and studied their products and technology prior to my interview so I did not feel that I was not prepared for any questions that they asked me.   Answer Question

Internet Marketing Consultant Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Reachlocal in June 2013.

I was contacted by a ReachLocal recruiter via LinkedIn. The recruiter was very upfront regarding the position. During the interview process I met the local Sales Manager and the Area Sales Manager in person, I had phone interview with the Regional Manager and 2 phone interviews with the recruiter. I submitted a resume, completed an online application and took an online personality test. Although it may seem like a lot of steps it went very smoothly and I was never left to wonder where I stood.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to start a career at ReachLocal?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Reachlocal in October 2010.

Know your technology. Know your sales pitch. This is a good company that only accepts the best. And appearance is huge.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you different from other reps from ypc that I have hired before.   View Answer
    not too much negotiation I either accepted their salary or I didn't.

Internet Marketing Consultant Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Reachlocal.

Interview and hiring process was extremely quick, as I'm sure the recruiter was ready to get his bonus. My recruiter was a very nice guy, but EXTREMELY dishonest in telling me what I could expect to earn.

Applied online after a job in media fell through after a management change up and was called that same day for an interview. The second interview was in person with the Regional Sales Manager where he basically just talked to me (at me) for an hour. I barely got a word in. Mainly he wanted to see how many accounts you could bring in through personal connections. And he loved the sound of his voice, so he basically just took charge of the conversation. I had an interview with the North East Director of sales over the phone the next day and was hired the next. In all, it took less than a week for everything to happen.

Interviews like this happen often in the regional offices because they are constantly firing people after only a few months or people are leaving on their own. There's an insane amount of employee turnover because it's really not all its cracked up to be.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you if you understand the products. So do a lot of research if you want the job, and be ready to talk about any media sales experience you have.   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase wasn't very much. They asked me what I wanted in a salary and I told them, and they obliged. I might have been able to push for more, but to be honest, it was my first job in sales (and last) and I didn't have much presence to make demands.

Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Reachlocal in January 2013.

Although I applied for a different position, I was contacted by HR because they liked my skills for the IMC position. I emailed HR back to set up an interview but didn't hear back from HR until 2 weeks later. After sending my schedule information again to set up a phone interview, HR never got back to me, which I found odd considering they contacted me because they were interested. Unprofessional and disorganized.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Reachlocal in June 2010.

I satisfied the in-house recruiter process and he set an appt up with the local branch manager, then the regional. I received a call the same day and started boot-camp 2 weeks later

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. It's company standard base salary and commission tier.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Reachlocal in November 2008.

I was pitched the product while helping my family business out with their yearly advertising. The salesperson, was our YellowPages Rep, and once he showed us the product, I personally said I want to sell this...It went on from there.

Interview Questions
    Honestly, at that time in my career, I felt like this could be my "yahoo" or "google". Meaning, that I just wanted to be a part of this new company.

Worked for Reachlocal? Contribute to the Community!