Reachlocal

Relevance Date Difficulty

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Inside Sales Executive
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reachlocal in February 2014.

Interview Details – Make sure to study slides and links recruiter sends before your first interview. If you do that you will definitely get past the 1st interview. The 2nd person always be looking for the close, be confident and at the end of the interview ask for the job (just like you'd ask for a sale) and your golden

IMC Interview

IMC

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reachlocal in June 2012.

Interview Details – They rushed me through the process. The guy who hired me hadn't done all the paperwork in advance and the HR lady was surprised I'd been offered a job she didn't know about.

Interview Question – None at all. They are desperate to hire bodies and still are.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was OK- HR tried to push my salary down some saying they didn't pay any guarantees but that wasn't true.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and interviewed at Reachlocal.

Interview Details – Had two interviews with ReachLocal, one on the phone and one in the office. Did not find the interview process difficult but the company has changed since I started in 2008.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation phase.. take it or leave it

That Would Give IT Away Interview

That Would Give IT Away

Interviewed at Reachlocal

Interview Details – takes about 3 months but so does everything they do
They have let go or had so many peole resign in the office that I would not be anonymous answering anymore.

Interview Question – Very generic:
What is your biggest fault?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for more and they gave it

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Reachlocal in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was asked the most important parts of the sales process. Why I leaving my old job, do I prefer selling new
or managing accounts and why? Overall the recruiter asked me just the basic questions

Interview Question – Most important part of the sales process   View Answer

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Woodland Hills, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reachlocal.

Interview Details – The interview started about 10 minutes late.
The hiring manager didn't introduce himself/herself, nor did (s)he introduce the company and give an introduction to the position.

It went straight to a "Tell me about yourself" type-of interview, and the manager was clearly not routinized on how to perform a proper interview. Arbitrary interviews are rarely impactful...

The lack of introduction to the company lead me to question and "turn" the interview toward the hiring manager, which is unfavorable in an interview, but was clearly needed so I could understand the position, since the posted job description and details were generic and thrown together on a whim.

The hiring manager asked irrelevant questions, and it was hard to get a feeling of where the interview was heading.
Questions such as "What do you think are the most important things a Product Manager does?" and "...but what are the most important characteristics of a Product Manager?" are extremely inappropriate to ask, when there is no context to the question.

There were absolutely no technical questions which lead me to think that the hiring manager had very little, or no in-depth knowledge about the technical side of things other than throwing around words such as "QA", "software development" and "legacy code".

The position went from a Product Manager, to the hiring manager's assistant, to "someone that will take on several projects in the near future".

The inconsistency and lack of enthusiasm shown by the hiring manager was a clear indicator that the company merely needed a pair of hands to complement the hiring manager's work and projects.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.........   View Answer

IMC (Internet Marketing Consultant) Interview

IMC (Internet Marketing Consultant)
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Reachlocal in April 2014.

Interview Details – Ridiculous "personality profile" assessments and basic math and mind game tests followed by mandatory prerequisite interview prep that should be two weeks worth of training to learn their technology, the company, and how to present it. No support from the recruiters at all.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Reachlocal.

Interview Details – Recruiters reach out via LinkedIn

Interview Question – Describe the SERP   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very little opportunity for negotiation.

Internet Marketing Consultant Interview

Internet Marketing Consultant

Interviewed at Reachlocal

Interview Details – 2 interviews...one in person with regional sales manager and another over the phone with area director.

Interview Question – Pros/Cons of companies employing a robust SEM strategy...challenges to run it effectively.   Answer Question

IMC (Internet Marketing Consultant) Interview

IMC (Internet Marketing Consultant)
Edina, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reachlocal.

Interview Details – Phone calls and one personal face to face meeting

Interview Question – Can I be a team player   Answer Question

Worked for Reachlocal? Contribute to the Community!