Reachlocal

Updated Nov 5, 2014
Updated Nov 5, 2014

2.6

Inside Sales Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reachlocal in November 2014.

I had 1 phone interview and 2 face to face interviews, phone interview with recruiter was great, they liked my skill set and resume. face to face interview with 2 managers was great also fairly self detailed and wanted to know more about myself. the last interview was with a regional manager similar process to meeting with managers, going over my skills and previous experiences

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Reachlocal.

Had two interviews with ReachLocal, one on the phone and one in the office. Did not find the interview process difficult but the company has changed since I started in 2008.

no negotiation phase.. take it or leave it

That Would Give IT Away Interview

takes about 3 months but so does everything they do
    They have let go or had so many peole resign in the office that I would not be anonymous answering anymore.

Interview Questions
    • Very generic:
      What is your biggest fault?
        View Answer
    I asked for more and they gave it

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reachlocal.

The interview started about 10 minutes late.
    The hiring manager didn't introduce himself/herself, nor did (s)he introduce the company and give an introduction to the position.

It went straight to a "Tell me about yourself" type-of interview, and the manager was clearly not routinized on how to perform a proper interview. Arbitrary interviews are rarely impactful...

The lack of introduction to the company lead me to question and "turn" the interview toward the hiring manager, which is unfavorable in an interview, but was clearly needed so I could understand the position, since the posted job description and details were generic and thrown together on a whim.

The hiring manager asked irrelevant questions, and it was hard to get a feeling of where the interview was heading.
    Questions such as "What do you think are the most important things a Product Manager does?" and "...but what are the most important characteristics of a Product Manager?" are extremely inappropriate to ask, when there is no context to the question.

There were absolutely no technical questions which lead me to think that the hiring manager had very little, or no in-depth knowledge about the technical side of things other than throwing around words such as "QA", "software development" and "legacy code".

The position went from a Product Manager, to the hiring manager's assistant, to "someone that will take on several projects in the near future".

The inconsistency and lack of enthusiasm shown by the hiring manager was a clear indicator that the company merely needed a pair of hands to complement the hiring manager's work and projects.

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Reachlocal.

Recruiters reach out via LinkedIn

Interview Questions
    Very little opportunity for negotiation.

Internet Marketing Consultant Interview

2 interviews...one in person with regional sales manager and another over the phone with area director.

Interview Questions
    • Pros/Cons of companies employing a robust SEM strategy...challenges to run it effectively.   Answer Question

IMC (Internet Marketing Consultant) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reachlocal in April 2014.

Ridiculous "personality profile" assessments and basic math and mind game tests followed by mandatory prerequisite interview prep that should be two weeks worth of training to learn their technology, the company, and how to present it. No support from the recruiters at all.

IMC (Internet Marketing Consultant) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reachlocal.

Phone calls and one personal face to face meeting

Client Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reachlocal.

3 total steps. Phone interview, in person interview and final phone interview. Phone interview is a screening, in person interview is where they really try to discover who you are. Questions are pretty basic but you are expected to complete a questionaire beforehand which has the company automatically predict if you are a good fit for the company or not.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to show how much you know about the SEM industry.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Business Intelligence Interview

The hiring manager reached out to me. I was asked if I would like to apply, and then given a phone interview a week later. It was mostly behavioral questions that related to my resume. I was then given a timed online test filled with brain teasers. Another phone interview followed this test.

Interview Questions
    • A mutli-step logic problem that involves thinking in a way that resembles the output from queries run using SQL. It contained sub-questions that built off of each other and slowly ramped-up in difficulty.   Answer Question