Reachlocal Interview Questions

2.6

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Reachlocal in January 2014.

I was recruited via LinkedIn and had an initial phone conversation. The process moved very quickly and inside of a week I had 2 phone interviews and 2 in person interviews and a verbal offer!

Interview Questions
    They told me in the second interview what the salary was and I asked if it was negotiable. They asked what I was looking for and I told them. When I received the verbal (and written) offer it was exactly what I had asked for.

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reachlocal in February 2014.

Make sure to study slides and links recruiter sends before your first interview. If you do that you will definitely get past the 1st interview. The 2nd person always be looking for the close, be confident and at the end of the interview ask for the job (just like you'd ask for a sale) and your golden

IMC Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reachlocal in June 2012.

They rushed me through the process. The guy who hired me hadn't done all the paperwork in advance and the HR lady was surprised I'd been offered a job she didn't know about.

Interview Questions
    • None at all. They are desperate to hire bodies and still are.   Answer Question
    It was OK- HR tried to push my salary down some saying they didn't pay any guarantees but that wasn't true.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Reachlocal.

Had two interviews with ReachLocal, one on the phone and one in the office. Did not find the interview process difficult but the company has changed since I started in 2008.

no negotiation phase.. take it or leave it

That Would Give IT Away Interview

takes about 3 months but so does everything they do
    They have let go or had so many peole resign in the office that I would not be anonymous answering anymore.

Interview Questions
    • Very generic:
      What is your biggest fault?
        View Answer
    I asked for more and they gave it

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Reachlocal in March 2014.

I was asked the most important parts of the sales process. Why I leaving my old job, do I prefer selling new
    or managing accounts and why? Overall the recruiter asked me just the basic questions

Interview Questions
    • Most important part of the sales process   View Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodland Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reachlocal.

The interview started about 10 minutes late.
    The hiring manager didn't introduce himself/herself, nor did (s)he introduce the company and give an introduction to the position.

It went straight to a "Tell me about yourself" type-of interview, and the manager was clearly not routinized on how to perform a proper interview. Arbitrary interviews are rarely impactful...

The lack of introduction to the company lead me to question and "turn" the interview toward the hiring manager, which is unfavorable in an interview, but was clearly needed so I could understand the position, since the posted job description and details were generic and thrown together on a whim.

The hiring manager asked irrelevant questions, and it was hard to get a feeling of where the interview was heading.
    Questions such as "What do you think are the most important things a Product Manager does?" and "...but what are the most important characteristics of a Product Manager?" are extremely inappropriate to ask, when there is no context to the question.

There were absolutely no technical questions which lead me to think that the hiring manager had very little, or no in-depth knowledge about the technical side of things other than throwing around words such as "QA", "software development" and "legacy code".

The position went from a Product Manager, to the hiring manager's assistant, to "someone that will take on several projects in the near future".

The inconsistency and lack of enthusiasm shown by the hiring manager was a clear indicator that the company merely needed a pair of hands to complement the hiring manager's work and projects.

IMC (Internet Marketing Consultant) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Reachlocal in April 2014.

Ridiculous "personality profile" assessments and basic math and mind game tests followed by mandatory prerequisite interview prep that should be two weeks worth of training to learn their technology, the company, and how to present it. No support from the recruiters at all.

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Reachlocal.

Recruiters reach out via LinkedIn

Interview Questions
    Very little opportunity for negotiation.

Internet Marketing Consultant Interview

2 interviews...one in person with regional sales manager and another over the phone with area director.

Interview Questions
    • Pros/Cons of companies employing a robust SEM strategy...challenges to run it effectively.   Answer Question

Worked for Reachlocal? Contribute to the Community!