Reading Health System

Updated Jul 9, 2014
Updated Jul 9, 2014

Nurse Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Reading Health System.

Recruited through a third party. Full day interview with various different leaders and some staff. Including cno. In one room for entire day. Lunch with your perspective supervisor

Interview Questions
    Negotiated for sign on bonus and moving reimbursement

Laundry/Utility Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Reading Health System.

It takes a long time to start working between the interview and all the tests and background checks and what not.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when something specific happened.   Answer Question

Transporter Interview Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Reading Health System in March 2014.

I had an interview for a transporter position. I met with a woman from HR for most of it and she was very nice and easy to talk to. It was a basic interview where they ask strengths and weaknesses and go over details of the job. I was very nervous at first but the woman was nice and very helpful which made me relax a lot more.

Interview Questions

I really appreciated the offer but then realized I wanted something full time (this was part time) and my boyfriend wanted me to live with him (an hour away) so I chose not to take it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Reading Health System in July 2013.

Expect to be there for 3+ hours for an interview. It is done in phases that alternate between unit managers and HR. The woman from HR was really nice and had a lot of information to share. The interview with the unit manager was a bit awkward. She didn't seem prepared, didn't have her "paper with the official interview questions", and seemed in a hurry. We had about a 15 minute chat, then she sent me back to HR where I sat for 45 minutes until I was seen by the HR woman again.

They did offer to let me shadow one of their nurses before accepting an offer, which I found interesting, and had I been interested in the job after that interview, I would have done it.

Interview Questions
    • "Did you ever have a patient act in an inappropriate manner with you, and what did you do to resolve it."   View Answer

Pay was significantly lower than my current position, when they saw my resume and what I get paid, they flat out said "That's you're base pay? We can't compete with that." I found it off putting that such a large hospital pays their nurses so little compared to other nearby hospital systems.

I applied for and told HR that I was only interested in per diem positions, yet they had me interview for full/part time positions. They offered me a part time position working 24/hrs a week when I already have a position at another hospital working 32 hr/week that I made clear I did not want to leave.

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Reading Health System.

Was hired right out of nursing school. My interviewing and hiring process was good.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation process. I was a graduate nurse.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Reading Health System in September 2012.

horrible from day 1 - the HR person (not a nurse recruiter) was rude, unable to answer my questions, gave me incorrect info, I had to insist on meeting with the HR director to get answers delaying my orientation

Interview Questions
    • na - the HR rep was an incompetent consultant who was from NY & couldn't answer my questions, I felt like I was interviewing a 22 year old!   Answer Question
    no negotiation - "take it or leave it"

Billing Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Reading Health System in January 2012.

I think it went well, I was nervous but I always am at interviews. Hiring process went well.

Interview Questions
    • List all the places I used to live in and all the people I lived with.   Answer Question
    I didn't I was just happy to have a job.

Medical Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Reading, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Reading, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Reading Health System in November 2010.

Applied online, Called for interview with recruiter, Did skills tests, Short interview with recruiter, Two days later interview with immediate supervisor and supervisor's secretary. Smooth interview process. Thrilled with the outcomes. Had researched common interview questions and prepared answers. Researched department I was interviewing for.

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Reading Health System in January 2010.

Went to a walk-in meet and greet with resume in hand. Was granted on the spot interview with department manager who spent over an hour with me, talking and giving me a tour of the facility. Thoroughly appreciated how personable and honest she was with me. She offered me a job before I left that day.

Interview Questions
    • I honestly don't remember anything being overly difficult or unexpected. The experience was more conversational than interview-like.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Reading Health System.

2 interviews, one with human resources. Know as much as possible about the hospital.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Pay is on a scale.