Reading Health System Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.9

Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reading Health System.

Interview

Very positive experience. The recruiter was professional and friendly. I met several staff members, and all were very friendly and more than willing to answer questions. The interview included a thorough tour of the facility, which was modern and clean. They also provided lunch with a staff member, which allowed me to ask more detailed questions about the position and facility. The background checks and pre-employment testing with occupational health were extensive.

Interview Questions

• Was there a patient that made an impression on you, that did well in therapy and made a great recovery?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Reading Health System in December 2014.

Interview

I had a great interview experiences with the HR recruiter as well as the Nurse Manager and Nurse Educator for the department I interviewed for. I was expecting the process to be very formal, packed with a lot of interview questions. The interview process was very personal and a bit more relaxed. Everyone who I met with wanted to get to know me, not by one tough interview question after another, but through conversation. There were some interview questions that were asked, as I expected, but I walked out of the interview surprised as to how much more relaxed it was. I was able to speak with the Nurse Manager and Nurse Educator, which was an excellent opportunity to ask questions and get a feel for the environment and what to expect during orientation. Another part of the interview process was shadowing for a few hours. This, I felt, was the most crucial part of the interview, so I could get a feel for the floor and decide if I would really fit in and adapt. My outcome for the interview process was very positive. I do not have any negative feedback.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to confront a friend who was doing something they should not have been doing? Or a time when you had a customer who you had to stand up for yourself to?   1 Answer

Nurse Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Reading Health System (Reading, PA).

Interview

Recruited through a third party. Full day interview with various different leaders and some staff. Including cno. In one room for entire day. Lunch with your perspective supervisor

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate people   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated for sign on bonus and moving reimbursement

Laundry/Utility Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Reading Health System (Reading, PA).

Interview

It takes a long time to start working between the interview and all the tests and background checks and what not.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when something specific happened.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Reading Health System in March 2014.

Interview

I had an interview for a transporter position. I met with a woman from HR for most of it and she was very nice and easy to talk to. It was a basic interview where they ask strengths and weaknesses and go over details of the job. I was very nervous at first but the woman was nice and very helpful which made me relax a lot more.

Interview Questions

I really appreciated the offer but then realized I wanted something full time (this was part time) and my boyfriend wanted me to live with him (an hour away) so I chose not to take it.

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Reading Health System (Reading, PA) in July 2013.

Interview

Expect to be there for 3+ hours for an interview. It is done in phases that alternate between unit managers and HR. The woman from HR was really nice and had a lot of information to share. The interview with the unit manager was a bit awkward. She didn't seem prepared, didn't have her "paper with the official interview questions", and seemed in a hurry. We had about a 15 minute chat, then she sent me back to HR where I sat for 45 minutes until I was seen by the HR woman again.

They did offer to let me shadow one of their nurses before accepting an offer, which I found interesting, and had I been interested in the job after that interview, I would have done it.

Interview Questions

• "Did you ever have a patient act in an inappropriate manner with you, and what did you do to resolve it."   1 Answer

Pay was significantly lower than my current position, when they saw my resume and what I get paid, they flat out said "That's you're base pay? We can't compete with that." I found it off putting that such a large hospital pays their nurses so little compared to other nearby hospital systems.

I applied for and told HR that I was only interested in per diem positions, yet they had me interview for full/part time positions. They offered me a part time position working 24/hrs a week when I already have a position at another hospital working 32 hr/week that I made clear I did not want to leave.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Reading Health System.

Interview

Was hired right out of nursing school. My interviewing and hiring process was good.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation process. I was a graduate nurse.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Reading Health System (Reading, PA) in September 2012.

Interview

horrible from day 1 - the HR person (not a nurse recruiter) was rude, unable to answer my questions, gave me incorrect info, I had to insist on meeting with the HR director to get answers delaying my orientation

Interview Questions

• na - the HR rep was an incompetent consultant who was from NY & couldn't answer my questions, I felt like I was interviewing a 22 year old!   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation - "take it or leave it"

Billing Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Reading Health System (Reading, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

I think it went well, I was nervous but I always am at interviews. Hiring process went well.

Interview Questions

• List all the places I used to live in and all the people I lived with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't I was just happy to have a job.

Medical Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Reading Health System (West Reading, PA) in November 2010.

Interview

Applied online, Called for interview with recruiter, Did skills tests, Short interview with recruiter, Two days later interview with immediate supervisor and supervisor's secretary. Smooth interview process. Thrilled with the outcomes. Had researched common interview questions and prepared answers. Researched department I was interviewing for.