Reading Partners Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2015

2.7

AmeriCorps Member/Site Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reading Partners.

Interview

There was a two step process to the interview. The first was a Skype interview with a Program Manager. I was invited to the second phase of the interview which consisted on a timed written assignment.

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reading Partners (Charleston, SC) in April 2015.

Interview

I met with four staff at the Reading Partners office. One read questions from a laptop computer and wrote down my responses while the others offered follow up questions. The interview questions were pretty simple- asking me about past volunteer and leadership experience. It was overall not a difficult process, however I left the interview uncertain if I'd want to work with Reading Partners. My interviewers were withdrawn and rather unengaged in my responses throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a past leadership experience, and what you learned from it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reading Partners (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied through Indeed and found it on Jobscore. There is a video or phone recording interview that has pre-recorded questions on it. You record your answer. This can be kind of hard because you are only given 60 seconds or so to answer and process. You can't hang up and call back. After that, someone contacts you probably through email and sets up a phone interview. If you are in the area they will ask to meet you in person. If not then the interview is conducted thru the phone which is weird cause how will they like know who you are if they can't see you, but it's okay.

Interview Questions

• What is something your old co workers would say about you about work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Is an AmeriCorps position so there isn't an option.

Regional Site Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reading Partners (Dallas, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

I interviewed twice over the phone for two different positions before interviewing in person for this position. I had initially declined considering this position, but I was informed that the position I originally applied for had been filled, and so I waited another week to interview for the position I eventually accepted. The office was easy to find, the questions they asked me were relevant, and they allowed ample time for my own questions.

AmeriCorps Member/Site Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Reading Partners in July 2014.

Interview

There is a three-four step process. First step is an automated phone/internet interview (which is timed and takes about 15 mins , followed by a thirty minute phone interview and then a one hour in-person interview as well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation because pay is actually considered a stipend

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reading Partners (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone call and a voice recording with a couple questions and then met in person and answered a few questions related to the job description. There were a few role playing questions having to do with students and tutor encounters. There was also an activity that had to do with scheduling.

Outreach Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Reading Partners.

Interview

Application and phone interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

AmeriCorps stipend is non-negotiable

AmeriCorps Member/Site Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Reading Partners in March 2013.

Interview

The AmeriCorps Member/Site Coordinator interview process is a 3-4 step process. The first step is an online recording system where you verbally record your answers to a set of questions- it can be a little awkward. The second step is a phone interview. The third step is an in-person interview. There will be an optional last step which is where you spend a day at a local reading center.

Interview Questions

• In this interview you will be asked to prepare a mini-lesson for a student who is working on phonemic awareness. Luckily, they will give you a few days to prepare, so make sure you do your research!   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no salary negotiation for this job, as the position is paid through a federally funded AmeriCorps grant.