RealManage Interview Questions & Reviews

3 interviews

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Carrollton, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at RealManage in August 2014.

Full disclosure: I decided not to complete the interview process so I can't give a review of the full process. I was also interviewing for a position with their subsidiary CiraConnect. I thought that the 2 companies were separate and that the bad reviews for RealManage might not apply to CiraConnect. I got a call from the HR Manager and spoke to him on the phone for maybe 15 minutes. He indicated that he had a large number of resumes and they were trying to screen people or weed them out. He said that he would give my information to the hiring manager so I thought that if I passed the screen, I would get a call for an interview or something. Instead, he asked me if I could come in for an interview and assessment. I agreed and scheduled the interview. I received a confirmation email of the time and date with the address but not who I was interviewing with. I emailed to find out who was conducting the interview and he told me that first I was doing a 12 minute aptitude test then a 40 minute accounting test and then an interview. Normally, I have no problem with testing for a job but it's usually done after the interview so I questioned that. I was hesitant to spend 52 minutes of my time testing for a job that I wasn't sure I even wanted because I wouldn't have actually met anyone yet or asked any questions! I was told that it is a screening method and if a candidate does poorly on the "screening", the interview portion is cancelled. I was gobsmacked! It's not that I've never taken a pre-screen test before but each time I have, it was in the comfort of my own home and it was used to pre-screen BEFORE the interview. After all, the point of a pre-screen or screening is to determine if you want to schedule the candidate for an interview. I mean, I resent accounting and aptitude tests on principle but I understand the logic behind using them to weed out candidates. In this instance, it made no sense at all. I also considered that I would be driving 60 miles round trip and the only reason I was doing so was to determine if I'd be interested in working there but I wouldn't know that until I'd potentially wasted almost an hour of my time by proving I could do the job my education and experience indicated I could do.

Long story short, I decided to cancel the interview. I knew I could pass the tests but if the hiring process is inconsiderate, then what was it going to be like to actually work for them? I was already reticent about the interview from reading the reviews of RealManage from both employees and clients but was thinking maybe the subsidiary was run like a separate entity with different management and culture. I was duly informed that CiraConnect is run by and like RealManage so I think it's safe to apply the poor reviews to both companies.

I want anyone considering interviewing with this company to know what they're getting themselves into so they will know whether or not it's worth the time investment. If you know that you don't test well but usually can explain that or win potential employers over with your wit and personality and proven experience and education, you won't get the chance in this process so you may be wasting your time and they don't mind letting you. This process is very inconsiderate to job candidates and they are NOT interested in changing it which also indicates they are close-minded and resistant to change or new ideas.

I know if you've been searching for a long time, it's tempting to put up with the demeaning and condescending behavior of potential employers in hopes of finding a job and if you're unemployed then it may be worth it for you to deal with it in order to find a job to pay the bills. But if you're like me and you're not desperate, not in dire straits and are looking for a job that's not just a paycheck then you owe it to yourself to know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em and refuse to play ball with companies that don't see you as the top talent that you are and don't think of you as any more than a name on a resume. Also consider that companies post jobs with education and experience requirements that they think candidates need to have in order to do the job successfully. If you have both the education and experience and it's verifiable, why is a test necessary? It's insulting and condescending and companies that want to hire and retain top talent should get rid of it if they haven't already!

Interview Questions
    • There was no actual phone interview and I cancelled the in-person interview.   Answer Question

CAM Interview

The interview process was fine. The normal questions, but it seemed like they were extremely eager to hire me, which should have been a red flag.

Anonymous Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at RealManage in April 2010.

applied online, interviewed in person, offer extended three weeks later

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at RealManage

Worked for RealManage? Contribute to the Community!