RealPage Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014

3.1

Cash Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RealPage.

Applied, had a phone interview with the recruiter, then met with the department manager. The whole process took about a week. The recruiter was very friendly and asked great detailed questions to make sure whoever they were interviewing had the right skills. The department manager that I met with mostly just talked about herself during the face to face interview. I had briefly mentioned that I have a young child at home when talking about leaving a previous job due to the long hours, and she spent a good amount of time talking about how much she hates young children after that. Her parting words to me were "Good luck with that kid of yours" and something along the lines of "I'm glad I don't have to deal with that". Ummm, thanks and screw you too. I know it's a good company but someone was not using their head when they hired that nut, Not even a little bit sad that I didn't get an offer, because who really wants to work for the witch from Hansel and Gretel?

Interview Questions
    • I was less thrown off by difficult questions (because I wasn't asked many), and more thrown off by how much the manager wanted to convey to me that she hates kids.   Answer Question

Software Developer IV Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at RealPage in February 2014.

Silly phone interview. Manager talked about his personal life mostly. One in-person interview with persons who weren't very technical. Passed that easily. Process was simple. I applied online, HR called me, then I interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. They were dying to get anyone to take the job.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

interviewed at RealPage in August 2012.

Hiring was fast. Interviewed in 2012, HR, Manager everyone was nice and helpful. Process involved two phone Interviews - one HR and one technical phone interview with Engineering Manager followed by 3-4 hour onsite. Was not asked coding questions on the phone but one whiteboard coding question onsite. Process took less than a week.

Interview Questions
    • Straight forward direct data structure, unix commands, front-end javascript and resume related questions.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at RealPage.

Great start with HR (Pepper) then it was a quick callback to confirm times. She said the interview will be pretty long as (Pat) likes to talk. It didn't seem to bother me and everyone was really nice throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions
    • Do you perform well at home? One day a week you can work from home.   View Answer

The company I was with offered me a competitive rate

Implementation Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RealPage.

Hiring manager who knew nothing about the product, or position. She allowed subordinates to train based on their own perspective of what should be done without establishing any concrete processes what would be sustainable.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at RealPage.

Applied online, contacted by recruiter over email, phone interview, and one-on-one interview with two hiring managers. Super friendly team of people. Very quick and responsive and they actually care about what you want to do and what the best fit will be for you. I was very pleased at the process.

Interview Questions
    • Straightforward...not big surprises. Very friendly and appreciated that I took the time to research and know the company. We went over my experience.   View Answer

Team Lead Apprentice Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at RealPage in May 2013.

Essentially 2 interviews. Since this is an internal position (requires in-house experience) One is a detailed, open ended answer questionnaire that HR emails you. You write up your answers and email them back. The 2nd interview is with the Marketing Manger and potentially another person. You are asked several questions about your own management style and about company SOP. Before the 2nd interview, you are given a call to shop then you must coach a colleague as if they are the associate who took the call.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at RealPage in April 2012.

The recruiters are friendly and appear to have yours and their best interest in mind. I had 6 interviews total.

Interview Questions
    • Some managers can be more intimidating during the interview which can make it hard to be yourself. Be very prepared with knowledge as it pertains to the division you are interviewing for. They will ask about it.   Answer Question
    Everything is negotiable do not hesitate to ask. If you have solid previous experience you have leverage.

Financial Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at RealPage.

Contacted by recruiter on LinkedIn. Phone screen and online assessments (Excel and Access). Came in for face to face interviews with 3 Directors, called back for 2nd interview with other Financial Analyst and then never heard back.

Internal Candidate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at RealPage in November 2013.

Got a call from the recruiter in 3 weeks after applying internally

Interview Questions
    • Disappointing way to treat internal candidates   View Answer

Worked for RealPage? Contribute to the Community!