RealTick

Candidate Interview Review

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RealTick in July 2011.

A recruiter put me in touch with RealTick. Almost all financial trading companies in Chicago rely on third-party recruiting agencies to place talent. They're looking for serious c++ engineers with experience developing time-critical, multi-threaded services.

Had a half hour phone conversation with the hiring manager. He inquired about my experience, and told me about his team, and who they're looking for. He invited me to an on-site by the end of the conversation.

RealTick paid for my flight to Chicago. Three hour on-site interview, consisting of 1:1 sessions with team lead, three engineers, and the VP of product development. They mostly asked knowledge questions about c++ programming, and multi-threaded application development.

Interview Questions
    • Write a function to merge two sorted arrays/vectors, in c++.   Answer Question

Salary didn't meet my needs. Pretty low for Chicago trading industry.

Unfavorable non-compete agreement.