Realogy Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2015
Updated Mar 4, 2015

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Realogy.

I applied online, process took 1 day. Within 2 weeks I received an invite for a phone interview/screening. It was typical going over background/why are you seeking new employment talk. I was told they were passing my resume along to the hiring manager and if they wanted to meet with me I would hear back within a week. I received a phone call the next day to come in for an interview.

The interview lasted for a little over 2 hours. I met with 3 people: the HR person recruiting for this position, the department manager, and the VP of the position I was interviewing for. They asked typical interview questions (Why do you want this position, where do you see yourself in 5/10 years, etc). I left the interview feeling very confident about my overall interview as there was excellent rapport and I matched what they wanted on paper (and especially since the VP said that they had only received a handful of applicants since the job was posted 4 months ago).

I left and sent out my thank you emails within 24 hours. Was contacted by the HR person that they are choosing another candidate whose skills better match the position the day after the interview (yet the position was posted that day again to their job board so I think they did not actually fill the position and that their HR was just giving me a generic rejection indicating that this is one of those positions that is constantly open and they cannot find any "right fits").

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want this position? Where do you see yourself in 5/10 years? Explain a situation in which you overcame a work obstacle.   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Realogy.

HR and VP were professional and courteous making the interview process as painless as you can make an interview. HR followed up with me by the date I was given and kept in touch with me during and after the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. Situational, technical as pertained to the job i was interviewing for. The "can you tell me about a time when" are always difficult for me because I've been working for a very long time and have lots to choose from.   Answer Question
    Quick and easy. The salary and benefits package was very competitive with the market.

Helpdesk Interview

It was a no brainer, as I already got the job, working as a consultant.

Office Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Realogy.

Took less than a week. 2 face to face interviews.

Interview Questions
    Set no room for negotiation

Deployment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, NJ

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Realogy in December 2013.

The interview process was long. There was a total of 3 different interviews for the position. The first was a phone interview with the recruiter which was basic. After 2 weeks I was invited in to meet with the hiring manager which was basic interview. Nothing special. Another 3 weeks passed and a third interview was set up. This was to be a panel interview but the hiring manager was not part of it which I found to be very strange. The company just wasted 5 weeks of my time

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult questions that were asked had to do specifically with real estate. Knowing that most who apply will have no experience in real estate it was very difficult to answer them to satisfactory levels.   View Answer

I was offered a different position then what I applied for and the Salary was too low for the position

Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Realogy in September 2012.

They recruited direct to me, I offered resume and heard nothing. Phones and emails to HR unanswered.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Realogy in March 2011.

Had a phone screen and an on-site interview with the Director - Products. Not a great deal of difficult questions. Was asked to summarize my experience (bottom-up) in about 10 minutes, interrupted by some questions like did you use some tool/software, etc.

Interview Questions
    I went through a head-hunter and it appeared they are not that flexible from a negotiation perspective.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Realogy in November 2009.

I was hooked up through a head hunter who works closely with the hiring manager. After that first interview, I drove out to meeting the hiring manager. He seemed a decent fellow who gave me a fair interview. I didn't have any experience in the real estate industry so I understand his not offering me a job. No complaints. Nice facility they have out there.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Realogy in May 2009.

There was an initial screening process via phone which consisted of casual conversation of interests, aspirations, general knowledge of the position for application. The 2nd interview was on-site and was with the HR Recruitment manager (Karen Brown was extremely kind and helpful in facilitating the initial interview steps). On this 1:1 conversation, the atmosphere is relaxed and you had the opportunity to express your interest in the position, any knowledge about the company you knew and the standard HR questions, i.e. references to your resume, etc. The final interview process is with the managing supervisor whom you will be working under. They will show you the department/brand that you will be working for and basically review your resume again and then go into more specifics of the position and judge how well you would fit into the team. Everyone at Realogy made me feel at home and the entire experience was quite stress-free.

Interview Questions
    The intern salary was predetermined based on the class you are in (freshman, etc)

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Realogy in May 2008.

Recruiter set it up. One hour interview. They had a very pretty complex. The interviewer was pleasant enough and fair. I didn't have experience in real estate so that sort of doomed me I think. It was a while back so I can't quite remember more than that.