Rearden Commerce

Updated Oct 1, 2014

2.9

Market Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rearden Commerce.

2 interviews, very personable Director interviewing or, should I say, selling the dream. And that's what he did. I was not familiar with this company; had never heard of them so he spent more time selling me than I him. Unfortunately I bought in and wasted 6 months of my professional life on an opportunity that was not worthwhile. It was common for new training classes to start off with 20 and by the end of the first week on the floor have only a few left.

No negotiation

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Rearden Commerce.

I applied online and then was contacted by a recruiter. The phone interview was standard - basic screening questions. Later was scheduled an onsite interview with executive level manager and hiring manager. The executive level manager was sick, so I had to do a conference call with him. The recruiter seemed really friendly at first. But after the interview with the hiring manager, the recruiter's tone changed from friendly to a bit standoffish. Also, the hiring manager did not seem eager to do the interview, whether it be she was tired (as she mentioned during the interview) or she didn't like me. There was one part of the interview when she talked about the history of the company and how morale has changed since a previous lay-off, so I do respect and appreciate her honesty and openness about the company.

Everyone that I came in contact with (from other departments) seemed to be very nice and helpful. When I was standing in the lobby, at least 3 employees came and asked if I needed help or wanted some water.

The recruiter mentioned that they would make a final decision the following week and she would let me know. I never heard from the recruiter again despite my follow-up emails.

Interview Questions
    • On a scale of 1 to 10, what is your level of OCD?   View Answer

Director, Products Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Rearden Commerce.

Really casual once they select you. Important thing is to say clearly what you will do for rearden

Interview Questions
    • The low key nature of it might throw some people off. No real "zinger" of a question   Answer Question

Market Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rearden Commerce.

tough

none

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rearden Commerce.

Initial phone interview with recruiter and hiring manager totaled about 45 minutes. In person interview was about 5-6 hours. Interviewed by 6 people one after the others. Not a panel interview. Questions were specific to the role. Everyone seemed genuinely nice and very knowledgeable in their own areas of expertise.

Interview Questions
    • No unusual or difficult questions Pretty standard technical questions.   Answer Question
    I got a very good offer and accepted it without counter-offering.

Software Engineer Interview

Got hired in 2 months. The process was long.

Was easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Rearden Commerce in February 2013.

They really like to drag you along with a carrot on a rope. I was part of a group interview session, and I have since spoken with others that interviewed with me that day and their experiences were similar. One candidate never received a response positive/negative afterwards. And me and two others were told that we were their top choice and they indicated they were just waiting for the CTO to make an offer. Eight weeks later I was finally informed that they are "restructuring" and are no longer accepting candidates.

My recommendation, don't waste your time with this company, as they will surely waste yours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rearden Commerce in January 2013.

Started with a phone call and later invited for onsite interview. I was interviewed by five folks for 5hrs, each covering various area of work, mainly search engine related, algorithmic, data structure, java coding problems etc, but they rejected me in spite of doing very well and answering everything.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rearden Commerce.

The interview process consisted of two calls - one by the internal recruiter and the other by the Director of Product Management. The interview was arranged in a timely manner and I was able to go in on a short notice and have several discussions with team members of the group - Engineering Head, Director, UI, PM staff etc.

The interview consisted of mostly behavioral interviewing along with some technical questions on how difficulties were handled.

Interview Questions
    • The position requires interacting with multiple high demanding customers - why do you think you can handle it and how would you prioritize on customers requests and engineering mandate   Answer Question

Senior NOC Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Rearden Commerce in October 2012.

Went through 5 phone interviews and 3 follow-up calls. Was told I was ideal for the position and my current work fits in perfectly with what the open position required. On the last phone call, I was told that they didn't want to hold me back from doing other things so they decided to pass. Their concerns were raised after I told them I was looking for a new position for advancement opportunities down the road. My current position offers no growth so basically anything would have been a good fit for me, especially a position that entails exactly what I've been doing professionally for a leader in technology and it's market for the past 3 years. As long as advancement would come around eventually with Rearden, I would have been perfectly comfortable with taking on a similar position to my current one. I guess they're not interested in having trained professionals working for them.