Rearden Commerce

Relevance Date Difficulty

Market Specialist Interview

Market Specialist
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rearden Commerce.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, very personable Director interviewing or, should I say, selling the dream. And that's what he did. I was not familiar with this company; had never heard of them so he spent more time selling me than I him. Unfortunately I bought in and wasted 6 months of my professional life on an opportunity that was not worthwhile. It was common for new training classes to start off with 20 and by the end of the first week on the floor have only a few left.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Office Manager Interview

Office Manager
Foster City, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Rearden Commerce.

Interview Details – I applied online and then was contacted by a recruiter. The phone interview was standard - basic screening questions. Later was scheduled an onsite interview with executive level manager and hiring manager. The executive level manager was sick, so I had to do a conference call with him. The recruiter seemed really friendly at first. But after the interview with the hiring manager, the recruiter's tone changed from friendly to a bit standoffish. Also, the hiring manager did not seem eager to do the interview, whether it be she was tired (as she mentioned during the interview) or she didn't like me. There was one part of the interview when she talked about the history of the company and how morale has changed since a previous lay-off, so I do respect and appreciate her honesty and openness about the company.

Everyone that I came in contact with (from other departments) seemed to be very nice and helpful. When I was standing in the lobby, at least 3 employees came and asked if I needed help or wanted some water.

The recruiter mentioned that they would make a final decision the following week and she would let me know. I never heard from the recruiter again despite my follow-up emails.

Interview Question – On a scale of 1 to 10, what is your level of OCD?   View Answer

Director, Products Interview

Director, Products
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Rearden Commerce.

Interview Details – Really casual once they select you. Important thing is to say clearly what you will do for rearden

Interview Question – The low key nature of it might throw some people off. No real "zinger" of a question   Answer Question

Foster City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Rearden Commerce in February 2013.

Interview Details – They really like to drag you along with a carrot on a rope. I was part of a group interview session, and I have since spoken with others that interviewed with me that day and their experiences were similar. One candidate never received a response positive/negative afterwards. And me and two others were told that we were their top choice and they indicated they were just waiting for the CTO to make an offer. Eight weeks later I was finally informed that they are "restructuring" and are no longer accepting candidates.

My recommendation, don't waste your time with this company, as they will surely waste yours.

Interview Question – Questions were not very difficult.   Answer Question

Market Specialist Interview

Market Specialist

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Rearden Commerce.

Interview Details – tough

Interview Question – its a casual conversation to see how sharp you are   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Foster City, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Rearden Commerce.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with recruiter and hiring manager totaled about 45 minutes. In person interview was about 5-6 hours. Interviewed by 6 people one after the others. Not a panel interview. Questions were specific to the role. Everyone seemed genuinely nice and very knowledgeable in their own areas of expertise.

Interview Question – No unusual or difficult questions Pretty standard technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got a very good offer and accepted it without counter-offering.

Interviewed at Rearden Commerce

Interview Details – Got hired in 2 months. The process was long.

Negotiation Details – Was easy.

Foster City, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Rearden Commerce in January 2013.

Interview Details – Started with a phone call and later invited for onsite interview. I was interviewed by five folks for 5hrs, each covering various area of work, mainly search engine related, algorithmic, data structure, java coding problems etc, but they rejected me in spite of doing very well and answering everything.

Interview Question – Internals of Solr and Ranking algorithms   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
San Mateo, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Rearden Commerce.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of two calls - one by the internal recruiter and the other by the Director of Product Management. The interview was arranged in a timely manner and I was able to go in on a short notice and have several discussions with team members of the group - Engineering Head, Director, UI, PM staff etc.

The interview consisted of mostly behavioral interviewing along with some technical questions on how difficulties were handled.

Interview Question – The position requires interacting with multiple high demanding customers - why do you think you can handle it and how would you prioritize on customers requests and engineering mandate   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer
Foster City, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rearden Commerce in April 2012.

Interview Details – Two 5 hour interviews. Met multiple people. Tons of difficult questions. Recruiters were straightforward and honest.

Interview Question – Unexpected question:   Answer Question

Worked for Rearden Commerce? Contribute to the Community!