Rearden Commerce Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.3

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rearden Commerce.

Initial phone interview with recruiter and hiring manager totaled about 45 minutes. In person interview was about 5-6 hours. Interviewed by 6 people one after the others. Not a panel interview. Questions were specific to the role. Everyone seemed genuinely nice and very knowledgeable in their own areas of expertise.

Interview Questions
  • No unusual or difficult questions Pretty standard technical questions.   Answer Question
I got a very good offer and accepted it without counter-offering.

Other Interview Reviews for Rearden Commerce

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rearden Commerce in March 2012.

Get referred by a friend inside the company, so recruiter contact me directly and it is very quick. Get a small java program as a test one morning, not hard. Then, two days later a hiring manager called and chat and invite me to get on-site interview.

The interview lasts for 6 hour 12:30-6:30. Everyone seems nice and technical savvy, nothing really hard, a lot of design related question. I did so-so in my own opinion. Two days later, the recruiter call back said the hiring manager wants to give me an offer.

Every thing normal until then. The salary is OK, but no bonus at the company, so it is not as high as I currently earned. I tried to determine how much the option worth and the hr/recruiter refuse to let me know what is the total out standing share.. which I think is weird. Since there is no way there is any helpful for me to determine the stock option value, the recruiter said she will have someone else to talk to me, but the other people basically repeat the same thing "your option price is low, I can't disclose the outstanding share or whatever related information". Then, 3 hours later, the recruiter called back and said they decide to withdraw the offer. She said "we look for someone love the technology and company here, it seems you just interested at the option and compensation".

So, I don't think the option will worth too much. And if you try to negotiate, they will withdraw your offer! That is definite an experience for me!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Rearden Commerce in October 2011.

1. 1:1 interview with hiring manager. Pretty standard Java and SQL questions.
    2. 4 rounds of technical interviews at their office. All engineers kept on asking similar questions (standard Java questions, few programming questions, SQL questions). I answered almost all of the questions (except for an Oracle advanced question) in all 4 rounds.
    3. 1 1:1 round with hiring manager.
    So overall a good experience, answered everything.
    Result: The recruiters NEVER got back and NEVER replied back to my follow up emails. This is heights of unprofessional behavior. No emails too. Can you imagine that!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rearden Commerce in May 2011.

Did an initial meeting with one person. Then an extended interview with 4 other people. To make a boring story short, Rearden does not know how to interview, they don't really know what the company does. They think they're IPO'ing so that's cause for unfounded arrogance.

Interview Questions
    • There was a useless programming question about recursive static fields in Java. That was laughable and pointless. For people who ask these, it's good to state upfront what the goal of the question is. Otherwise the questioner looks dumb, and the interviewee dumbfounded by the question's pointlessness.   Answer Question

The company looks like a nightmare of political back stabbing galore. It clearly has too many employees, does not know what it's doing, and at that, seems to be in the business of violating people's privacy via banks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rearden Commerce in February 2010.

She was recruiter with a set of technical questions seemed like she doesn't know anything technical

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rearden Commerce in June 2013.

It was as scheduled.

1st Round
    -----------
    I was asked basic java questions.
    Then I was asked to design my own AOP pattern of Spring framework assuming that it doesn't exist.(It is exactly same as Observer Pattern. If you know it then you are done.)
    Next came a puzzle that I was unable to answer and hence I was not selected.

-------
      Eg:
      Assume you have 4 strings formed from a,b,c,d like abcd, acdb, adbc, bcda
      Output should be "bc",3 as "bc" is the largest substring repeated in 3 input strings.

Few more examples to understand it.
      Inp1: {abcd,abcd,abcd,abcd}
      Out1: abcd,4

Inp2: {abcd,dabc,acbd}
      Out2: abc,2

Inp3: {abcd,dabc,adbc}
      Out3: bc,3

All the chars are distinct and all the chars are repeated in each string(You can relax these restrictions if you want).

If 4 input strings are given then the output should be like, if you have subString of size 3 present in 3 inputs and subString of size 4 present in 3 inputs but a subString of size 2 present in 4 inputs then you should print the last one as output. But as it is obvious a subString of size 1 will be repeated in all the inputs but you should consider subString od size > 2 and repeated in max of the inputs.

To say mathematically, high priority is given to the number of repetitions followed by the size of the subString.
        View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Rearden Commerce.

Number of interviews may range from 4 to 6. Two technical rounds, followed by one managerial round, one senior manager/director, one or two rounds from the US team (director), and one HR round.

Technical rounds are good, and test you in your field on expertise as well as general areas in the field on computer science and programming.

Managerial round is almost technical again, taken by an Engineering Manager, who talks about stuff at a higher level.

Interviews from the US teams are similar to these technical and managerial rounds.

Director round is at a higher level and is aimed at testing your aptitude and general perception about technology. All other rounds have this as well, but this round has just this.

HR round is a formality.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about detailed flow of a web framework, from browser to browser (from the point you click a button/link to the time you see the response back), some tricky puzzles and hypothetical scenarios.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Rearden Commerce in June 2011.

Submitted resume via Linked In. Got an email from a recruiter and set up a time to chat. Chat went well until he asked me what my current salary was. I declined to answer instead asking for a range. He declined to give a range so that was the end of that.