Rearden Commerce

Rearden Commerce Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.4

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Got hired in 2 months. The process was long.

Was easy.

Other Interview Reviews for Rearden Commerce

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Rearden Commerce in February 2013.

They really like to drag you along with a carrot on a rope. I was part of a group interview session, and I have since spoken with others that interviewed with me that day and their experiences were similar. One candidate never received a response positive/negative afterwards. And me and two others were told that we were their top choice and they indicated they were just waiting for the CTO to make an offer. Eight weeks later I was finally informed that they are "restructuring" and are no longer accepting candidates.

My recommendation, don't waste your time with this company, as they will surely waste yours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rearden Commerce in January 2013.

Started with a phone call and later invited for onsite interview. I was interviewed by five folks for 5hrs, each covering various area of work, mainly search engine related, algorithmic, data structure, java coding problems etc, but they rejected me in spite of doing very well and answering everything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Rearden Commerce in September 2010.

Had a Phone interview with Hiring Manager..and most of the question was regarding my current project....and how to design API. Next week they called me for in-person interview. It was 3 hours long with 3 different team members. 1st interviewer: Drilled on DB, JSP, Struts, working of Beans.
    2nd: Drill on Concept and Analytical thinking. Finally, Hiring Manager ask me 2 question..one i gave correct answer and another i did not.. So I knew I was rejected...:(

Interview Questions
    • A file contain billion entries and I want to sort the file in aaa, bbb, abc, everything else...   View Answer
    • Given 2 ropes, both will burn entirely in one hour ..How will you know how much the rope is burned in 45 mins? Ropes can burn slow or fast but will take exact 1 hour to burn completely   View Answer
    • What if we don;t want to use loop? or What is alternative to loops   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rearden Commerce in April 2009.

The phone technical screens were straightforward (as they asked some basic, intermediate and advanced Java questions, as well as general questions on HTTP and servlets).

I had two on-site interviews, each lasting about 2-3 hours. The format for each interviewer was to ask a IQ puzzler and then a coding question. The IQ questions were: tossing two eggs off a building (a popular question lifted from Google's repertoire), computing the angle between the minute and hour hands of a clock and devising a way for representing VCR+ codes in a small amount of bits (yes I know, quite retro but a decent question). The Java questions themselves are not particularly difficult, although they did ask an open-ended OO-design question asking how to design an elevator system.

Round One actually went reasonably well for me, so they called me in for round two. Sadly, I was doomed from the start: for a reason that is inexplicable to me - the interviewer's mannerism made it clear that he did not approve of my candidacy. Despite the fact that I was able to implement a hash table from scratch using only Java primitives and explain how to make it thread-safe (we are talking basic stuff here). But, when I asked him about the corporate culture of Rearden Commerce his bias against me became clear when he responded: "We are *results* driven". His tone of voice suggested that somehow he concluded that I am somehow not results driven. My past experience, rave reviews and monotonically increasing salary history begs to differ.

Needless to say: I did not receive an offer from this company. And until clairvoyance has been proven as a valid tool for interviewers, be prepared for such unprofessionalism if you interview with Rearden Commerce. Speaking of unprofessionalism, a hiring manager also admitted to me that the MO of engineers at this company is to tell their coworkers "your code sucks!". Perhaps I should consider myself spared.

Interview Questions
    • Compute the angle between the hour and minute hands of a clock.   View Answer
    • Design a hash-table using only Java primitives   View Answer

wasn't too hard

Software Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Rearden Commerce in January 2010.

Two phone screens, one onsite.

Interview Questions
    • Usual Interview questions related to string manipulation, recursion, some advanced Java concepts   Answer Question