Recommind Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.4

Case Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Recommind in July 2014.

I submitted my resume through an employee referral. I was quickly contacted by Recommind's HR department who set up an initial phone screen. Basic questions about my work experience. Nothing extraordinary. This was followed up by a second phone screen with a manager. This lasted about an hour. Questions around my experience and personality, etc. Next a third phone screen in which I was asked questions and provided a little more info about the role that I applied for. So far so good. I was then contacted by th HR department who scheduled me for a round of on site interviews. 4 managers a total of 4 hours of interviews. Mostly asked about my experience and some soft ball hypos. Very nice folks. Two of the four asked the classic, "what are your strengths and weaknesses" question. It all seemed to go well. That day I was contacted by HR who advised me that she heard the interviews went well and asked me to submit a writing sample based on a hypothetical that was provided to me. References were requested, provided and checked. HR indicated I should hear something the following week....2 weeks went by and....crickets. I wrote an inquiry email. The response was apologetic, that that the decision makers were out of town and I should be hearing something in the following week. 2 more weeks go by...crickets...I reached out to HR again and was informed that the company is in the midst of restructuring, and that there is still a need to hire someone and I would be contacted either way by the end of the following week....nearly 3 weeks later and you guessed it....crickets. Classic string along.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Recommind in April 2014.

Saw a job posting on Indeed. Submitted my resume and was contacted almost immediately... on Sunday. Quickly set up a phone interview, and then things went downhill from there on. An HR manager who called me was a half an hour late in doing so, and she was completely detached and didn't even faint an interest in interviewing me. Later on, I found out that Recommind went through another round of layoffs.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected or any technical questions.   Answer Question

Case Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Recommind in March 2014.

I applied online and the entire process took about 1.5 months. One phone screen from HR. One in-person interview with managers and another phone screen with potential co-workers. The company is run by non-lawyers who hire JD as analyst roles at a low salary.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions I think it was just a matter of a popularity contest with the potential co-workers, who I feel were intimidated by me and asked a barrage of questions that were unrelated and undermined my experience.   View Answer

Marketing Programs Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Recommind in November 2013.

Thorough interviews. Liked that I met the entire team and two levels of management.

Hosting SA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Recommind in November 2013.

Easy Interview, basic questions

Interview Questions
    • Airplane crashes in Arctic, you are the only one survivor.
      What would you do?
      BWS questions - big clown there!
        View Answer
    Not pleasant

EDiscovery Project Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Recommind in September 2013.

Was contacted very quickly for a phone interview, which was anything but a pre-screening. 30 minutes of HR asking both boilerplate (tell me about yourself) questions, and tech-savvy questions as well. Was told my resume would be passed on to the hiring manager at the end of the call. Received a "thanks, but no thanks" about 1 week later after followup.

Interview Questions
    • No major stumpers, just the surprise that this was more than a quick pre-screen.   Answer Question

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Recommind in June 2013.

The interview process consisted of an initial phone screening and then I was invited to come in and meet the team. Meeting the team consisted of meeting three team members then being tested about troubleshooting the software that Recommind provides their customers. Before being tested, I was given a packet with basic information about the product and some administrative info about how it's installed and what not.

Interview Questions
    • There were no trick questions, they seem to want to really get to know you as a professional and potential employee.   View Answer

Logistically speaking, the job would have been difficult for me to manage with a commute and timing etc. As far as career aspirations, Recommind would be great for me and is an amazing company and place to work, but I had other offers from places that could utilize my stronger skills and had more direct paths towards my career aspirations.

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Recommind.

The whole thing was pretty well organized... but they never tried selling me on the job until the very last interview. Made me wonder whether they were actually really interested, but I think they just didn't know that it's a 2-way street (I have to want to take the job).

Interview Questions
    I tried to negotiate, but they led with what they wanted to pay so they didn't really want to negotiate.

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Recommind.

Got hired through an internal referral. There were two rounds of interviews. First round was with two product managers and the second one was with three product managers

Interview Questions
    • How would you fit into a product management role given your non-technical background   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Recommind in October 2010.

Nice bunch of folks, with a straightforward interview process. No big surprises or trick questions. If have you have worked with a major search product, have some solid coding skills, and can communicate effectively, you will do fine. I met with several different folks in the consulting group and they were all pleasant. Some were more stiff than others, that could be due to inexperience. However, as a company, they do not have deep pockets so don't expect a killer offer (unless you are a bona fide subject matter expect in the search and classification field). Never the less, this would seem to be an ideal place to learn your trade if fresh out of school and willing to work hard.