Recommind Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.4

Case Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Recommind in July 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume through an employee referral. I was quickly contacted by Recommind's HR department who set up an initial phone screen. Basic questions about my work experience. Nothing extraordinary. This was followed up by a second phone screen with a manager. This lasted about an hour. Questions around my experience and personality, etc. Next a third phone screen in which I was asked questions and provided a little more info about the role that I applied for. So far so good. I was then contacted by th HR department who scheduled me for a round of on site interviews. 4 managers a total of 4 hours of interviews. Mostly asked about my experience and some soft ball hypos. Very nice folks. Two of the four asked the classic, "what are your strengths and weaknesses" question. It all seemed to go well. That day I was contacted by HR who advised me that she heard the interviews went well and asked me to submit a writing sample based on a hypothetical that was provided to me. References were requested, provided and checked. HR indicated I should hear something the following week....2 weeks went by and....crickets. I wrote an inquiry email. The response was apologetic, that that the decision makers were out of town and I should be hearing something in the following week. 2 more weeks go by...crickets...I reached out to HR again and was informed that the company is in the midst of restructuring, and that there is still a need to hire someone and I would be contacted either way by the end of the following week....nearly 3 weeks later and you guessed it....crickets. Classic string along.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Recommind (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Saw a job posting on Indeed. Submitted my resume and was contacted almost immediately... on Sunday. Quickly set up a phone interview, and then things went downhill from there on. An HR manager who called me was a half an hour late in doing so, and she was completely detached and didn't even faint an interest in interviewing me. Later on, I found out that Recommind went through another round of layoffs.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected or any technical questions.   Answer Question

Case Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Recommind (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and the entire process took about 1.5 months. One phone screen from HR. One in-person interview with managers and another phone screen with potential co-workers. The company is run by non-lawyers who hire JD as analyst roles at a low salary.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions I think it was just a matter of a popularity contest with the potential co-workers, who I feel were intimidated by me and asked a barrage of questions that were unrelated and undermined my experience.   1 Answer

Hosting SA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Recommind (San Francisco, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Easy Interview, basic questions

Interview Questions

• Airplane crashes in Arctic, you are the only one survivor. What would you do? BWS questions - big clown there!   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not pleasant

Marketing Programs Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Recommind (San Francisco, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Thorough interviews. Liked that I met the entire team and two levels of management.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Recommind in September 2013.

Interview

Was contacted very quickly for a phone interview, which was anything but a pre-screening. 30 minutes of HR asking both boilerplate (tell me about yourself) questions, and tech-savvy questions as well. Was told my resume would be passed on to the hiring manager at the end of the call. Received a "thanks, but no thanks" about 1 week later after followup.

Interview Questions

• No major stumpers, just the surprise that this was more than a quick pre-screen.   Answer Question

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Recommind (Norwood, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an initial phone screening and then I was invited to come in and meet the team. Meeting the team consisted of meeting three team members then being tested about troubleshooting the software that Recommind provides their customers. Before being tested, I was given a packet with basic information about the product and some administrative info about how it's installed and what not.

Interview Questions

• There were no trick questions, they seem to want to really get to know you as a professional and potential employee.   1 Answer

Logistically speaking, the job would have been difficult for me to manage with a commute and timing etc. As far as career aspirations, Recommind would be great for me and is an amazing company and place to work, but I had other offers from places that could utilize my stronger skills and had more direct paths towards my career aspirations.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Recommind.

Interview

The whole thing was pretty well organized... but they never tried selling me on the job until the very last interview. Made me wonder whether they were actually really interested, but I think they just didn't know that it's a 2-way street (I have to want to take the job).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate, but they led with what they wanted to pay so they didn't really want to negotiate.

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Recommind (Boston, MA).

Interview

Got hired through an internal referral. There were two rounds of interviews. First round was with two product managers and the second one was with three product managers

Interview Questions

• How would you fit into a product management role given your non-technical background   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Recommind (San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

The career services department from my college had set up my job interview. I was interviewed by three people for 30 minutes to an hour. I was asked several questions about myself, education, skills, my future plans, and about the job I was applying for. It was an entry level position and I was hired after a month.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I have fill up the company hall room with balloons, how many balloons would it take ?   1 Answer