Red Bull

Very Easy Interview

Wings Team Member Interview

Wings Team Member
Milwaukee, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Bull in June 2010.

Interview Details – the hiring process was very laid back and casual, I applied through a friend, got a phone call had my interview at starbucks and got an offer over the phone a couple days later

Interview Question – There weren't any hard questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one

Very Difficult Interview

Communications Manager Interview

Communications Manager
Santa Monica, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Red Bull.

Interview Details – Interview process was intense. Several phoners, several 1:1s, group presentations, case studies, etc. Culture and FIT is critical. If you don't LIVE the brand, you may not be a good fit.

Interview Question – What would you do?   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

Interviewed at Red Bull

Interview Details – Phone interview. Easy questions about team building and communication skills.

Interview Question – What is the hardest project you worked on?   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Merchandiser
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Red Bull in November 2012.

Interview Details – The recruiter called and gave me a phone screening and I passed. He seemed like a pretty cool guy. Less than a week later I received a call from the HR girl at the branch to set up an interview. The interview went well and wasn't too difficult. The next day I received a call from the HR girl again to go do my pee test and my DOT physical. It took over a month for my background check to come back before I got hired but that is the state's fault, not theirs. When everything checked out they gave me a start date.

Interview Question – I really can't remember the questions they asked, sorry.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not budge on starting wage.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Red Bull in May 2013.

Interview Details – Was called in through a hiring agency for an administrative assistant position for a rapid hire, got called back for the second interview which was cancelled at the last minute when they hired based off of an internal referral instead of using the hiring company. Seemed nice enough, obviously high-energy and want you to dedicate time outside of usual work hours to the company, etc. But I have seriously never had an interview where so few of the questions were about me and almost all of them were about my software proficiencies...a little intimidating, but no crazy curveball questions.

Account Sales Manager Interview

Account Sales Manager
Riverside, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Red Bull in June 2012.

Interview Details – Received a call from a recruiter on the east coast. Answered a few general questions about my experience. Scheduled an interview. Walked into an interview where many managers were sitting in their offices (that should have told me something right there). Had a 2:1 interview and asked questions. Couldn't get a vibe on whether or not it was positive.

Interview Question – What do you do if you keep hearing no?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You get offered $9.50 per hour flat plus a commission scale.

Wiiings Team Member Interview

Wiiings Team Member
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Red Bull.

Interview Details – 3 interviews: Group then two one on ones. They're all about seeing your personality, style, and fit with the company.

Interview Question – If given the mini right now, where would you go sample?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Part time job, no negotiations.

European Graduate Program Interview

European Graduate Program

I applied online and interviewed at Red Bull.

Interview Details – The RB Graduate Program has a number of different departments for which you can apply...I applied for the Sports Marketing Program.

I applied online and then qualified for an online screening test, basically like a behavioral survey to see if you were the kind of person who fit with the RB culture. About a week later, I was contacted by a recruiter who set up a basic screening call. I thought this was tough - it was all behavioral questions like, have you ever assembled a team or had to deal with a bad team member, and what is the most creative thing you've ever done, and do you have any sales experience - not the most difficult questions, I just wasn't necessarily expecting them. A couple weeks later, I got an email saying I had been selected for the video interview round. This was a little different...they prompted you with a question, you had 30 seconds to read and think, and then 90 seconds to record a response. You didn't talk with anyone, just basically recorded yourself talking. The questions were a little tough - they asked me things like why sports marketing, what sports I have been involved in and in what capacity, why they should hire me, and a couple marketing questions, basically testing your knowledge and understanding of general marketing practices and reaching consumers. No real curveball or oddball questions, but questions that were though provoking and relevant to the job.

Next I qualified for the challenge event. They invited the top 150 candidates to one of 5 events located throughout the country, and compensate you for all travel. Its a two day process - a cocktail event the night before with an open bar, basically a chance to meet and greet the people who worked at the company in a casual setting. This is a chance to network and ask some questions and become noticed by people who matter within the department you applied for. The next day is the "Challenge Event". You get ZERO information prior, and you show up for a full day of various activities and challenges. All five events were completely different, and will presumably change ever year...but the gist of mine was splitting yourselves into small groups, and you work as a team to solve problems and miscellaneous challenges to gain points, and whatever team gets the most points "wins". We had to do some relevant business challenges, like analyzing businesses Red Bull should invest in and presenting our findings to a panel of RB employees, similar to what you would see on Shark Tank. The Sports Marketing people all had personal interviews, and mine was basically a case question interview concerning sports marketing. Challenging, but not impossible. My team didn't win, and I don't know if it has any warrant on your evaluation through the process, but teams got pretty competitive, adding to what I thought was a great experience.

I didn't make the final step, but they invite the final 50 applicants for an inperson interview at their HQ in Santa Monica, all vying for 24 positions. The process is exhausting, and probably took around 3 months from start to finish. But the people at RB are amazing, and the company itself and its culture are awesome. Just make sure you do as much homework as you can about Red Bull and every sports property it is involved in. Everyone who applies, or at least gets far in the process, has a passion for Red Bull and knows a ton about the company, so make sure you spend plenty of time on their website.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Red Bull?   View Answer
  • What does authenticity mean when markting to a sports scene?   View Answer
  • Example of a community or a scene that is tough for a big brand to market to?   View Answer
  • Which sports is Red Bull involved in?   View Answer
  • If we asked you to identify 5 emerging skateboarders who are under the age of 18 in the LA area, how would you do it?   View Answer

Wiiings Team Member Interview

Wiiings Team Member
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Red Bull.

Interview Details – I had a friend who was already working for redbull that recommended me to her boss. I sent my resume directly to him in addition to filling out the online application. I was asked back for an interview and was told i was hired later that day. The interview was a one on one interview however I was introduced to other employees in the office.

Interview Question – questions about the philosophy and outlook of Red Bull. Why my personality would be good for the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation phase

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Santa Monica, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Red Bull in November 2012.

Interview Details – The Interview primarily started of on phone and I had 2 rounds which were primarily all about what experience you've had working on prior projects and also making sure that my skills were to date. The interviewer demands you to have a unique approach with your instances that you would use to exhibit your skills as an BA.
On site: 4 rounds with PM, Manager, and potential team members.

Interview Question – The manager apart from talking about your skills had a unique card deck and I was asked to pick top five cards that I think relates to my personality( Manager notes: Dont pick something that you think might impress me just be yourself and pick what appeals you the most) followed by a questionnaire again something that is primarily to get a little insight on your personality and personally don't fancy anything and just be yourself and you should do just fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Redbull team is always on a look out for young blood and someone who carries that extra energy to get the ground running without wasting any time and trust me the moment you walk in you feel that extra kick "Red bull Factor"

Worked for Red Bull? Contribute to the Community!