Red Bull North America

Relevance Date Difficulty

Internship Interview

Internship

Interviewed at Red Bull North America

Interview Details – The interview is a video interview online. they give you 30 seconds to think of a response and then have a maximum of three minutes to answer each question. In addition to the 14 questions that you have to answer. you need to fill out an actual application. you have to stick out to the company, so you need some big past work experiences and at least a cover letter or multiple documents.

Interview Question – I wasn't expected to get questions asking about what sports i have played in my life and what i consider a sport. most difficult question would be to name a community that is hard to market to.   Answer Question

Consumer Affairs Coordinator Interview

Consumer Affairs Coordinator
Santa Monica, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Red Bull North America.

Interview Details – The interview process was great and unlike anything I've ever experienced before. The hiring manager's questions gauged not only my work ethic and background, but how I would best contribute to the department as well as how I would mold with the rest of the team.

Interview Question – The name of a brand I would start and why   Answer Question

Wiiings Team Member Interview

Wiiings Team Member
San Antonio, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Red Bull North America in October 2012.

Interview Details – Online hire followed by phone call and two follow up interviews

Interview Question – Knowledge on brand   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Culture Marketing Interview

Culture Marketing
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Bull North America in September 2012.

Interview Details – I received an email from an outside consulting company on my LinkedIn account. They forwarded my contact info to the people at Red Bull. I received an email from Red Bull with a link for an online interview. I had 3 days to complete it. It was really difficult because it wasn't a typical Skype interview. I'm not sure what program they were using but it had serious connectivity issues. A computer screen prompted you with a question. You had 30 seconds to process it, after which time the webcam automatically records. You have 3 minutes to answer. There are 7 questions total.

Interview Question – 1) Describe your involvement with music.   Answer Question

Wings Team Position Interview

Wings Team Position
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Red Bull North America in September 2008.

Interview Details – Do not (!) say "Red Bull Girl" ever.
Study the Red Bull website, know Red Bull events, know how you will augment the Red Bull team. Be quick witted, on your toes. Expect to explain strategy behind answer. Be an avid Red Bull fan (drink it, live it, love it).
Def read the job description.

Interview Question – What Red Bull event would you create?
If you had just one Red Bull can left who would you give it too?
Explain your 1st Red Bull experience.
Why do you want to be on the team?
  View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Chicago, IL

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Red Bull North America in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process for Red Bull was supposed to start with a screening phone interview with a corporate recruiter. The recruiter missed our scheduled call and later called to apologize and to inform me that they were going to go ahead and move me forward to an actual phone interview with the hiring manager without the screening. We set up a time for the following week and I was told to allot approximately an hour for the call. The hiring manager and I ended up talking for an hour and a half. We tackled a few of the standard interview questions but he was definitely more interested in hearing how I handled situations in previous jobs that would be similar or relevant to this position's responsibilities... a lot of anecdotal questions and answers. I felt relatively comfortable answering these tough questions even though some of the similarities in situations were a stretch. Even with the tough elaborate questions, the hiring manager allowed a somewhat relaxing, casual tone where we were able to show our personalities a little bit... as much as you can in an interview, especially over the phone. At the end of our interview, the hiring manager decided that he wanted to meet in person the following week to continue our conversation and move into the second and last interview. This in-person interview was held at RB's Chicago BU. I dressed professionally in a full suit and tie but wondered before-hand if I would be over-dressed as I knew RB had a very casual culture. The interviewer was in jeans and a nice dress shirt. I'm glad I dressed up... it didn't take anything away from my candidacy. In fact, the interviewer mentioned that he'd rather see a candidate over-dressed than under-dressed. This interview lasted two hours in one of their office conference rooms. It was almost entirely made up of more questions into how I would handle different situations and what my perceptions were with regards to different RB initiatives, competitors, etc. I thought it went very well. During this conversation some details of the position were cleared up which peaked my level of interest for the job. My only criticism for RB in this application process was they didn't offer to reimburse me for mileage or parking for the 3 hour drive to Chicago and $27 parking garage. It seemed like a small price to pay to a final candidate for such an important position. After a week to ten days, the corporate recruiter called me tell me that they wanted a few more days to make their decision. After those few extra days, I reached out to the hiring manager via email to politely see if they had any updates on their direction for the position. He called me that same day to inform me that they decided on the other candidate. He showed the professional courtesy to explain to me exactly why they made the decision. I thanked him for the opportunity and for taking the time to tell me their reasons for the decision. Although I was disappointed, this small gesture went a long way with me.

The people, office, and work culture seemed very relaxing and casual but I did get the sense from my interview that RB was taking steps to be a little more professional and create much more quantitative, measurable steps to evaluating marketing campaigns, employees, etc.

Interview Questions

• A lot of situational questions... How would you begin building relationships with the clients, assets, etc.?   View Answer
  • Give me an example of how you dealt with an uncooperative client, asset, etc. from your past jobs?   Answer Question

Field Marketing Specialist Interview

Field Marketing Specialist
San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Red Bull North America in November 2010.

Interview Details – Phone screen, 3 management interviews and a marketing proposal submission. They are very detailed in their interview process so dont think you can walk in and make up some lies. They will peel back the layers of your answers and really snag you if your lying. From applying to first day of work it took over 5 months and this is the norm. They will interview your references so be sure you have those on lock down.

Interview Questions

• What was the most creative project you developed and managed?   Answer Question
  • Explain to us what key opinion leader groups there are in town and your affiliation with them. Give us examples of how you have partnered with them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Some what. But I had to provide proof of my previous income. They then still came with a smaller offer than what I was being paid but the benefits definitely made up for it. Benefits will save you about 15,000 a year. Free car, gas, insurance, health care and premiums, internet, phone and spending account.

Field Marketing Specialist Interview

Field Marketing Specialist
Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Red Bull North America in February 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume and go a phone call about a week later to take an online "hireview" interview. I have worked for this company for 5 years, left for 1.5 after graduating college and was ready to come back. I was so excited to get the interview. It consisted of 8 questions. They would post the questions, give you 30 seconds to read and gather your thoughts and then the camera would start rolling for up to 3:00 min long. After my interview I sent a follow up letter to the recruiter thanking them for their time.. yadda, yadda, yadda. Anyway, I never heard ANYTHING, not even a "Thanks but no thanks". I felt this was very unprofessional and left a bad taste in my mouth for a company I was so passionate about. Probably will never go for another job with them again, or recommend them to anyone.

Interview Question – There was no questions in particular, its just getting used to the process of timed questions with the camera over the internet.   Answer Question

Red Bull Wiiings Team Interview

Red Bull Wiiings Team
San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Bull North America in December 2009.

Interview Details – The interview first consists of a phone conversation. From there they ask you to meet for an interview at a random place (coffee shop, bar, ice cream parlor). Depending on how many employees they are looking to hire they will either do a one on one interview or a group interview. During the one on one they will ask you questions like "Where do you think is a great place to sample red bull?" and they will ask you to sum up yourself in 3 words. They tend to ask awkward questions in order to see how you react. In the group interviews you will play get-to-know-you games. You will go around and say something about yourself. If the girls who already work there are there try and get along with them. Trust me, the type of music you listen to and you're presentation of yourself will matter. They usually don't like girls who are overly attention seekers nor people who are too shy. They look for girls who are really down to earth.

Interview Question – If you were out sampling Red Bull and you were too choose where to go, what do you think is a good, premium, place to go?   View Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Detroit, MI

The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Red Bull North America in September 2009.

Interview Details – They spoke with me for over an hour over the phone, even though I had no beverage exp.

Interview Question – Walk me through your resume.   View Answer