Red Bull North America

Updated Nov 26, 2014

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Bull North America.

I was approached downtown about working for the team. I was given a business card and contacted them a few days later. I applied online and was set up for an in person interview the next week. It was at a coffee house and very laid back. They mostly want to know you are excited about the product and are very out going. They want high energy, fun loving girls!

Wings Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Red Bull North America in August 2013.

Once you make it past the initial application review round, next up is the interview. They do things a little differently at RB. You don't speak to a person directly! You have an online interview that requires a webcam and consists of about 6 questions. There are essay questions and video response questions. The video response questions are questions that you have 30 seconds to prepare for and then your response is recorded to be viewed by your interviewee later; these questions take up 50% if not 60% of the interview questions. The interview can be taken at any time for your conscience but I gotta say it was a little weird talking to myself on my computer!

Interview Questions
    • What top 3 locations would you sample at and why? (Essay question)   View Answer
    I haven't started yet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Bull North America.

I applied for the job through the web site, I was late contacted via e-mail about an interview with the Wiiings team manager I met her at Buffalo Billiards on 2nd avenue in Nashville at around 4 p.m we talked for a while and at the end of the interview she told me she would be contacting me for a second interview with herself and her boss, by the time I got home I had an e-mail giving the date and time of that interview. About a week later I met with the manager and her boss at Fido in Hillsboro Village at around 1 p.m and the three of us talked for about an hour both were very friendly, I left the interview feeling like i knew more about them and knowing that they were probably going to give me the job. I received a call that evening around 5 p.m saying I got the job and giving me details on my start date and where to go.

Interview Questions
    • The first interview was standard interview questions, the second interview they wanted to know if I knew how to get around the city and I had to tell them two different ways to get from the coffee shop we were at to a specific location. They wanted to know if I drank and liked red bull and why, they also wanted to know how much you knew about the brand and the product.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase.

Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Red Bull North America.

Required two interviews and a practical sampling test. Personality and innovation are key factors to display

Interview Questions
    • situational questions around marketing in a specific scene   Answer Question
    I was able to go uo by $2000

Internship Interview

The interview is a video interview online. they give you 30 seconds to think of a response and then have a maximum of three minutes to answer each question. In addition to the 14 questions that you have to answer. you need to fill out an actual application. you have to stick out to the company, so you need some big past work experiences and at least a cover letter or multiple documents.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't expected to get questions asking about what sports i have played in my life and what i consider a sport. most difficult question would be to name a community that is hard to market to.   Answer Question

Consumer Affairs Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Red Bull North America.

The interview process was great and unlike anything I've ever experienced before. The hiring manager's questions gauged not only my work ethic and background, but how I would best contribute to the department as well as how I would mold with the rest of the team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Red Bull North America in October 2012.

Online hire followed by phone call and two follow up interviews

None

Culture Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Bull North America in September 2012.

I received an email from an outside consulting company on my LinkedIn account. They forwarded my contact info to the people at Red Bull. I received an email from Red Bull with a link for an online interview. I had 3 days to complete it. It was really difficult because it wasn't a typical Skype interview. I'm not sure what program they were using but it had serious connectivity issues. A computer screen prompted you with a question. You had 30 seconds to process it, after which time the webcam automatically records. You have 3 minutes to answer. There are 7 questions total.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Red Bull North America in March 2012.

The interview process for Red Bull was supposed to start with a screening phone interview with a corporate recruiter. The recruiter missed our scheduled call and later called to apologize and to inform me that they were going to go ahead and move me forward to an actual phone interview with the hiring manager without the screening. We set up a time for the following week and I was told to allot approximately an hour for the call. The hiring manager and I ended up talking for an hour and a half. We tackled a few of the standard interview questions but he was definitely more interested in hearing how I handled situations in previous jobs that would be similar or relevant to this position's responsibilities... a lot of anecdotal questions and answers. I felt relatively comfortable answering these tough questions even though some of the similarities in situations were a stretch. Even with the tough elaborate questions, the hiring manager allowed a somewhat relaxing, casual tone where we were able to show our personalities a little bit... as much as you can in an interview, especially over the phone. At the end of our interview, the hiring manager decided that he wanted to meet in person the following week to continue our conversation and move into the second and last interview. This in-person interview was held at RB's Chicago BU. I dressed professionally in a full suit and tie but wondered before-hand if I would be over-dressed as I knew RB had a very casual culture. The interviewer was in jeans and a nice dress shirt. I'm glad I dressed up... it didn't take anything away from my candidacy. In fact, the interviewer mentioned that he'd rather see a candidate over-dressed than under-dressed. This interview lasted two hours in one of their office conference rooms. It was almost entirely made up of more questions into how I would handle different situations and what my perceptions were with regards to different RB initiatives, competitors, etc. I thought it went very well. During this conversation some details of the position were cleared up which peaked my level of interest for the job. My only criticism for RB in this application process was they didn't offer to reimburse me for mileage or parking for the 3 hour drive to Chicago and $27 parking garage. It seemed like a small price to pay to a final candidate for such an important position. After a week to ten days, the corporate recruiter called me tell me that they wanted a few more days to make their decision. After those few extra days, I reached out to the hiring manager via email to politely see if they had any updates on their direction for the position. He called me that same day to inform me that they decided on the other candidate. He showed the professional courtesy to explain to me exactly why they made the decision. I thanked him for the opportunity and for taking the time to tell me their reasons for the decision. Although I was disappointed, this small gesture went a long way with me.

The people, office, and work culture seemed very relaxing and casual but I did get the sense from my interview that RB was taking steps to be a little more professional and create much more quantitative, measurable steps to evaluating marketing campaigns, employees, etc.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of situational questions... How would you begin building relationships with the clients, assets, etc.?   View Answer
    • Give me an example of how you dealt with an uncooperative client, asset, etc. from your past jobs?   Answer Question

Field Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Red Bull North America in February 2012.

Submitted my resume and go a phone call about a week later to take an online "hireview" interview. I have worked for this company for 5 years, left for 1.5 after graduating college and was ready to come back. I was so excited to get the interview. It consisted of 8 questions. They would post the questions, give you 30 seconds to read and gather your thoughts and then the camera would start rolling for up to 3:00 min long. After my interview I sent a follow up letter to the recruiter thanking them for their time.. yadda, yadda, yadda. Anyway, I never heard ANYTHING, not even a "Thanks but no thanks". I felt this was very unprofessional and left a bad taste in my mouth for a company I was so passionate about. Probably will never go for another job with them again, or recommend them to anyone.

Interview Questions
    • There was no questions in particular, its just getting used to the process of timed questions with the camera over the internet.   Answer Question