Red Cross

119 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Instructor Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Red Cross in November 2013.

Interview Details – I engaged in Two separate interviews and an initial session with a local recruiter. Amazing organizational representation. Each step of the hiring process was explained and the management followed through.

Interview Question – Describe why I want to be a Red Cross Instructor. I was not expecting the call and had not considered how I would answer the Question. I recommend taking a moment to consider why you are interested for working for a particular company when applying and writing it down or just becoming consciously aware of why you would like to represent the organization and be a part of their community.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A brief explanation as to what the position pays and the various benefits of being employed by the Red Cross.

Emergency Response Interview

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Red Cross.

Interview Details – Received an call from HR to schedule a phone interview. Next day conducted phone interview, basic interview questions. Why would you like to work for ARC? Strengths and weaknesses, etc. After I finalized my answers the interview ended. No time to ask questions or anything. It appeared to me that recruiter had already made her mind. She never even asked if I had any comments, questions or anything. Rushed interview from her part. After a week received rejection email.

Instructor Interview

Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Red Cross in September 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by interview with an HR Rep. They call you back within a weeks time

Interview Question – What would former co workers say about you?   Answer Question

Lead Specialist Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Red Cross.

Interview Details – From applying through the Red Cross website to getting the official "Hire" letter, process took approximately 3 weeks.

Went through what I guess was a "screening" interview on the phone twice. From there had a panel interview with a few of the Red Cross staff. I was slightly surprised by this type of interview but overall found it to be beneficial. It included the people I would be reporting to as well as others from within the department that I would be working it. Finally I had a 1:1 interview with another staff member which gave me an opportunity to ask additional questions that weren't part of the formal panel interview.

The overall process was pretty relaxed. Everyone I interviewed with throughout the process seemed to be as interested in answering my questions/concerns as they were in interviewing me.

Interview Question – The questions were all very basic. They reviewed my resume and asked about further explanation of my experiences. The organization as a whole is very volunteer-focused/driven so there were quite a few questions about working with volunteers, which was a bit unexpected as I didn't come from a NPO background.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a bit. When the hiring specialist says that it "really" is their last offer, they really do mean it. I was offered the base salary, asked for $4,000 more. Was given a counter offer of $1,000 more. Turned that offer down and thought that would be it. HR rep called with final offer which was a little less that I wanted but was given additional "work-life balance" perks so I took it.
That whole phase took roughly a week to get through.

Disaster Program Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Red Cross.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR scout, follow up with same scout, final with local management team

Very Easy Interview

DCA Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Red Cross in August 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewer was very friendly and helpful, had to complete application and a test that was not hard. Asked common sense questions and previous job questions. Easy interview, felt comfortable.

Interview Question – Wanted me to explain previous jobs experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they told you what to expect

QA Manager Interview

QA Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Red Cross.

Interview Details – You apply on-line, then wait, I got a call 2 months later to schedule a group phone interview by the hiring manager. Two weeks after the phone interview, I was notified by the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time when you disagreed with your supervisor and how did you handle that?   Answer Question

Disaster Specialist Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Red Cross.

Interview Details – I interviewed some time ago so I may have forgotten a few details. I applied online and I was selected by an HR representative from Washington D.C. who conducted a brief phone interview/screening. Then I had a 1:2 interview at the local headquarters with the Disaster Director and a senior volunteer. The questions were not about my work or education experience, they were somewhat abstract like "what are three words that best describe you" and "why do you want to work at the Red Cross." I then did some minor computer tests like created an excel spreadsheet. I then waited about three weeks before the same HR rep from D.C. called and offered me the job contigent on another interview at the local headquarter. He then offered a salary which was just below what I originally told him was my minumum. I believe this was strategic because he said he would see if he could raise it to my minimum and get back to me (tip: don't tell him your absolute minimum because that is what they will try to offer you). Another week or so went by and the HR guy was able to raise the salary to my minimum and scheduled me another interview. I "interviewed" with the same two people at the headquarters which was more of a get to know each other session than an interview.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at the Red Cross?   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Red Cross in January 2011.

Interview Details – Very straight forward and concise. resume checked references checked the entire process took 3 hours. Job discussion took l hour, the computer proficiency to 45 minutes. Meeting the staff and the principles of the business in the Akron Branch. Very informative and precise, left the offices feeling that I had made an impression as well as the wonderful impression they had on me. Great place to work and enjoy everyday. Actually look forward to walking through the doors daily.

Interview Question – What made you decide to move to akron.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none they offered and I accepted.

Director Interview

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Red Cross in December 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR.

Interview Question – HR rep didn't seem completely familiar with position or details of the job description/job description perhaps didn't accurately convey primary responsibilities.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Red Cross