Red Cross

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Red Cross in September 2011.

Interview Details – I found a very brief summary of the position online. Per the description's instructions, I sent a letter of interest (through email) to HR and attached my resume. I never received a description but, about two weeks later, I received an email that let me know (on a Thursday) that I had an interview at 2:00 on Monday. I thought this was somewhat odd. I still wasn't sure exactly what the position required and I thought it was strange that they scheduled the interview without even speaking with me. (What if I had a job that wouldn't allow me to leave at 2:00 on a Monday?) Anyways, the two staff members who interviewed me were very nice but only one seemed interested in what I had to say. I think the other lost interest in me pretty early on which was disappointing because, at least on paper, I thought I was a great fit for the position once I learned exactly what the position involved. (I know... biased opinion.) They told me they would make a decision right away and I never heard back from them. Obviously they decided to go with someone else! Maybe next time! :-) Overall, not the worst interview experience I've had.

Interview Questions

Program Coordinator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Red Cross in March 2012.

Interview Details – Got an email inviting me for an interview and phone call as well. Was interviewed by one person but was told that there will be another interview with more people which I didn't make it to.

Interview Question – Standard questions, the interviewer seemed to be bored and it didn't look like she likes her job that much   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Program Coordinator

The process took a day - interviewed at Red Cross in July 2009.

Interview Details – Started as a volunteer, so management was familiar with my work.

Interview Question – Since management was already familiar with my work, we just discussed the position and any questions that I had.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Red Cross

Worked for Red Cross? Contribute to the Community!

Red Cross Videos

Red Cross – Why Work for Us?

Employees and volunteers of the Red Cross are essential in keeping the American public informed and prepared to prevent and respond to disasters and personal emergencies. We provide training in lifesaving skills such… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Red Cross Program Coordinator interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Red Cross employees and interview candidates.