Red Frog Events Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2014

3.2

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

interviewed at Red Frog Events in April 2012.

Quick interview in office. I heard back the same day!

Interview Questions
  • Think on your feet questions - the best book you've ever read, you're biggest fear, etc. Just showing who you are as a person.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Red Frog Events

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Red Frog Events in December 2012.

Super quick turn around. Typical questions but tough ones. Google interview questions. I didn't get any super weird ones, but I've heard that's common. It's a super cool company that only h ires fro it's intern pool.

Interview Questions
    • This place has a culture that is very unique. Learn about it before you go in.   Answer Question

Scheduling

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Red Frog Events.

Submitted cover letter and CV. Had a phone interview that lasted 30 minutes. They messed up the date at first, but the interview was relaxed. Basic interview questions such as "tell us about a time you went above and beyond at work," and a few fun questions. The interviewer was nice and clearly young. The date mess ups were frustrating.

Interview Questions
    • They had some fun questions that weren't too tough such as "what is your ideal concert," or "what is your ideal vacation."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Red Frog Events in February 2011.

Phone interview was fun and enjoyable, once you get to face to face be yourself, my biggest mistake was trying to fit in to their culture and I strayed to far away from who I am, they saw right through me and it was a bummer. The people who work there are pretty much hipsters.

Interview Questions
    • What gets you out of bed? (you only get 5 seconds to answer it)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Red Frog Events in March 2012.

Applied online, received a call for a phone interview, was asked to travel to Chicago for an in person interview, received an email a week later to inform me they had gone with someone else.

Interview Questions
    • They ask a lot of personality type questions to gauge if you'll fit their culture.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Red Frog Events in May 2013.

Did a phone interview, wasn't called back for an in-person interview. Asked the normal "introduce yourself" type questions, then they asked the weird ones that you hear about. Just prepare yourself for those questions, but it's really about whether or not they like your personality.

Having a good phone demeanor is huge though since that's the first part of the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Red Frog Events in December 2011.

Applied online, got the phone interview then the in-person interview in their Chicago office. Fun office environment with a tree house in the middle and two beer taps in the back. They really emphasized their funky, young vibe. Both interviews mixed traditional interview questions with more unique ones like "What three things would you go back in time to see?" Great company, just not the best fit for me.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewees had questions written to a soccer ball and rolled it to you, so you then had to answer whatever question your finger landed on. Seemed to all be "fun" questions (not normal interview questions).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Red Frog Events in August 2012.

The interview process went quicker than I had expected considering the high amount of applicants RFE receives monthly. I submitted my résumé and cover letter through the website. Please note that I was not part of the heavy college recruitment, I applied blindly without any company connection whatsoever. I patiently (er...impatiently) waited for a response to my application submission and a week later I decided to send a follow-up email to the same generic e-mail address. Later that day, possibly by coincidence (or maybe not), I received a phone call asking for a phone interview. I was ecstatic. I started my research on glassdoor for interview tips and they ended up being very helpful. It's also very nice to get to know yourself with the questions that were presented as examples on this website.

My phone interview was scheduled a week after I received my response to my résumé. It went quick, maybe 20 min tops. The interviewer was very friendly and seemed interested. She asked normal interview questions about my experience. There were a couple of personality questions thrown in there such as: What karaoke song would you sing? What do you like to do for fun on the weekends? Easy. Like I said before, it was a quick interview and this is the "breaking the ice" part of the interview process. Don't stress. I received a phone call 2 hours later to schedule an in-person interview at the office.

A week later I found myself on Ohio St. I checked in and was taken on a tour of the office. I was then taken to the 5th floor to wait to be called upon. Don't bother checking the time because they usually start interviews 10-20 minutes after the scheduled time. My in-person interview consisted of a 3-person panel. They broke the ice by letting me choose a question off a "party deck of cards." Made me feel comfortable because it was light. They ask you about what you know about the company as well as questions about your past/present work experience. I was then thrown the beach ball and had to choose the question where my finger landed as well as a lightning speed round from another party card deck. This is a highly personality based interview. My best advice is to be yourself and think of the interview as a conversation. I made some interviewing mistakes I'm sure, but I was laughing throughout my in-person interview and had made the interviewers laugh also. It doesn't have to be uptight if you're not uptight. I received a call a week after my in-person interview and was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were mostly personality based and they want to see how you think on your feet. The hardest part (which wasn't difficult) was to come up with personal examples so if you take some time to think of specific examples about how you exemplify the qualities and skills that you portrayed on your résumé then you'll be solid.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Interns are paid a set amount semi-monthly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Red Frog Events in January 2012.

She called me and asked me what I knew about the company and why I was interested in events. Then asked me some personality based questions: If you could break a world record what would it be? If you could sing a karokee song what would it be? If you had three wishes what would they be? The work culture seems to be a little too relaxed and fun and maybe a little unprofessional. You will need a HUGE and QUIRKY personality to work there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Frog Events in January 2012.

Submitted resume and cover letter online, heard back about a week later from company wanting to schedule phone interview that I set up for about a week later. Interviewer was extremely nice and easy going, thought the interview went very well but got an email a few weeks later saying that they decided not to make an offer at that time. Seems like a pretty cool company and great place to work, and though I did not get the offer would without a doubt suggest this company to others.

Interview Questions

Worked for Red Frog Events? Contribute to the Community!