Red Frog Events Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.9

Interview

Digital Interview, was pre recorded video questions that their employees asked. This was through a third party digital interview service but specifically made for Red Frog. You video recorded yourself to the questions and submitted your answers.

Interview Questions

• All very basic questions about how would you be a good fit and good for the role.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Red Frog Events in August 2015.

Interview

I did a digital online interview. While it was convenient because I didn't have to schedule a distinct time but was strange because you couldn't judge responses off anyone replying back to you.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a customer service experience that made an impact on you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Frog Events (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Typical Phone Interview was pretty short. Then invited to the office for an in-person with both founders. The interview was mostly standard. A few "interesting" questions were presented to see if the personality fit the culture.

Interview Questions

• What animal would you be... Describe one of the biggest challenges you've overcome. Can you lift a 50 lb box?   Answer Question

Marketing Insights Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Frog Events (Chicago, IL).

Interview

After applying online, I got a digital interview, which like someone else mentioned, is a series of monologues. This is not like a typical video (or phone) interview where you can use cues from the interviewer to either expand on an answer or cut it short. It's described as a "modern", "new way" to interview, but it's awkward and one-sided, and wholly unnatural. Most of the questions were behavior-based, which makes this style of interview even harder to justify.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Frog Events in June 2015.

Interview

It was a digital interview powered by an app (HireVue) in the first step of interview. It is like playing pre-set videos and then recording your answer. The instruction said you can delete your previous answer twice for current question if you messed up, and interviewers will only see your last video for each question. But I personally think this part is tricky because who knows if the previously deleted one won't actually be viewed by interviewers? And this may be a part in their evaluation. There are totally 10 questions and most are asking your personality, event planning experience, ability to hold tasks. So you must be prepared to answer a lot of these questions. It feels weird to talk to a tablet that will give you no response while talking so I messed up lots of times. Between the gaps of clicking button to delete your previous answer and starting to answer again, you have unlimited time to prepare for that question. That's how I did. But it's not recommended because I believe they can see that.

Interview Questions

• Have you encountered any difficult situation and How did you solve this?   Answer Question
    • How do you like Red Frog/ Why do you want to work in Red Frog?   Answer Question

Interview

I got a digital interview. You record yourself answering questions and then submit them. You see people onscreen asking questions they've recorded (a well edited movie basically) and then you have to respond, giving a monologue to your own computer screen.

Interview Questions

• They asked how you'd handle an event that was suddenly cancelled.   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Frog Events.

Interview

First you have to apply online and then if they like you there is a phone interview. If you are cool enough to get past that then they invite you to come to their awesome office for an in person interview. The phone interview is done by one person, and the in person interview is done by two. They ask you normal questions and then at the end you pick a card to answer a random one.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite movie?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation for interns.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Frog Events (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

After sending in a resume and cover letter, I was asked to complete a digital interview where I answered a series of questions via webcam recording that they were to review later. They then took over a month to get back to me and to tell me I hadn't gotten the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Frog Events (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The hiring process had 3 steps: online application, phone interview, and then in-person interview. After submitting my cover letter and resume online, I received a phone interview. This consisted of questions on leadership, your role on a team, and random questions about your personality. This included questions such as: "What are 3 things on your bucket list?" and "If you could have a private concert for you and your friends, who would perform?" After passing the phone interview, I had an in-person interview. The questions were out of the ordinary but fun to answer. Questions included "What color describes you?" and "If you could pick a song to describe your life, what would it be?" Overall, it was a relaxed interview where laughing was encouraged. I got a call that I got an offer the next week.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you were stressed and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

Interview

I was studying abroad when I applied. Sent in resume and cover letter and got an email scheduling a phone interview. Shortly after, received an email saying that I got a skype interview. Skype was much more personal. Phone interview was basic questions