Red Frog Events Interview Questions

Updated Oct 8, 2014
Updated Oct 8, 2014

2.9

Event Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Frog Events.

Resume and cover letter submission first via website, then 30 minute phone interview and 30 minute in person interview at office in Chicago. The phone interview is with one full-time employee and the in-person interview could be with 1-3 full time employees on the Recruitment team.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't a negotiation phase.

Event Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Red Frog Events.

Applied, offered an interview the next morning (Digital/Video Interview), hired same day as interview. It was actually quite easy as long as you're familiar with the company and have been on other interviews. I had been anticipating a lot of creative, improvisation type questions, but they were all pretty predictable and easy to answer.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions- a lot about working with groups   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

Applied online through the website, was contacted by phone after two days. Next I had to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview I received an email to schedule an in person interview at their office in Chicago.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a budget of $200,000 what kind of event would you host?   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Red Frog Events.

I was very excited about the chance to interview with Red Frog and was given the initial phone interview. I knew it was a difficult internship to get so I tried to prepare really well for the interview. The Red Frog hiring staff were very organized and friendly in their communication with me and I was impressed by that. Unfortunately, I had not prepared quite as well as I could have and really stumbled on several of my answers. I knew I wouldn't be getting another interview right after I hung up the phone. I would recommend anyone interviewing here to really do your research on the company and be ready to think on your feet.

Interview Questions
    • Which Red Frog event would you be most interested in attending?   View Answer

Graphic Design Guru Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Frog Events in May 2014.

Was emailed to participate in a recorded 1-way interview. Took about 20 - 25 minutes to complete. Pretty standard questions were asked. It was a mix of multiple choice questions and video recorded responses.

Interview Questions
    • Describing a challenge you've come across in a previous job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Red Frog Events.

I applied online and saw my status go from pending to interview very quickly. They called me and left a few voicemails but I was abroad and couldn't get them. In this time my status went to 'screened' which scared me, but then they emailed me which I thought was nice because they really went out of the way to contact me. My initial interview was a lot of standard questions about event planning and how I worked with a team. My second interview was a skype interview and one girl was very nice but the other didn't seem to be interested in me so I didn't end the interview with a great feeling. I never got many of the strange personality questions they're known for.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time someone in a group didn't pull their weight   Answer Question
    • If there was a movie about your life, who would play you?   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Red Frog Events.

Started with a phone interview. They ask not-so-typical questions, along with the basics.

Summer Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Red Frog Events.

It was an average time window for interviewing (a few weeks for the whole process). I received an email about a phone interview, which was a general "tell me about yourself" phone interview and then I was called about doing a follow-up on-sight a week later. Luckily I live a train ride away from Chicago because they are not willing to reimburse for travel costs. Once on-site I was given a tour and then had to wait for 30 minutes for the interviewers to show up. It was kind of an informal interview where they had me drawing cards of some of the interview questions. There were 2 people interviewing me and they did have a few more serious questions but the bulk of my interview was spent randomly selecting questions.

Interview Questions
    • They were all a bit unexpected since I drew them from a deck, but those questions were very much centered on how you explained the answer you gave.   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

The hardest part of the process is the getting an interview. After that the interview was not too hard. They just want to see if you fit their culture. Questions can be very random and weird, just answer honestly. They will see through any artificial answers so just say what pops to mind on the random questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is an item you want to mark off your bucket list in the next year.   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Red Frog Events.

I applied in early January with a clever cover letter. A couple weeks later I got a call to schedule a phone interview. I had my phone interview a couple weeks after that. They called right on time and asked me the basic questions: "What do you know about the company?" "Tell me about yourself" etc. I initially expecting those quirky type of questions that I had seen on here but I only really got asked "If you could have a private concert for you and your friends who would it be?" I didn't get offered the in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • "If you could have a private concert for you and your friends who would it be?"   Answer Question