Red Frog Events Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Frog Events in December 2011.

Let me start by saying this will be one of the most difficult internships to get hired on for. Having said that if you do get hired it will be the most amazing experience of your life. I applied online through their website and was asked for a phone interview a week later. After the initial phone interview I was asked to schedule a time and travel to the office for the in person interview. Upon arriving they will walk you around the office (very cool summer camp theme btw!) and then take you into a corner office with a great view and ask you a series of questions. You interview with 2-3 people at the same time with some rapid fire questions about your background, past work, and experiences/passions/etc. They mix it up by tossing a ball and you answering a couple of the wacky questions found on the ball.

Interview Questions
    • The Ball questions are very unexpected as they are random and out of the box questions such as: What was the most awkward experience you've ever had or If you could be one type of food what would it be? Stuff like that.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. $500/week - 3 month internship

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Frog Events in November 2012.

When I got there, they showed you around the office. I got there early so not many "tadpoles" were there. It was very fun and spontaneous.

Interview Questions
    • They ask random questions like "Who is your favorite actor?"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Red Frog Events in January 2014.

I submitted my application online and received a phone call within 2 weeks setting up a time for a phone interview. Cover letter is not your typical cut and dry form letter; needs to be creative and stand out from the many that they receive! The phone interview was great, my interviewer called promptly at our scheduled time, expressed interest in my answers and did an excellent job of making me feel comfortable. After my phone interview, I heard back within a week to set up an in-office interview. If you are unable to travel to the office you can also interview via Skype. I enjoyed the tour of the office, which was with a current tadpole who did a fantastic job of calming my nerves and telling me more about what they do on a day to day basis. The actual interview was more formal, with mostly work/experience related questions. There were a few fun questions asked, don't think too much about them and just go with your first instinct! I heard back within a few days with my offer to join the Red Frog family! Could not be more excited to get started!

Interview Questions
    • If you could receive a $10,000 gift card to any store, which store would you choose?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Red Frog Events.

Submitted cover letter and CV. Had a phone interview that lasted 30 minutes. They messed up the date at first, but the interview was relaxed. Basic interview questions such as "tell us about a time you went above and beyond at work," and a few fun questions. The interviewer was nice and clearly young. The date mess ups were frustrating.

Interview Questions
    • They had some fun questions that weren't too tough such as "what is your ideal concert," or "what is your ideal vacation."   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Red Frog Events.

I submitted my application and within 3 weeks got an email saying that they wanted to do a phone interview. They then called me to set up a date for the interview. The interview was very laid back and relaxed. They asked a lot of questions in a short period of time, but it wasn't too bad. And they asked a lot of their typical interesting questions. Now I've got the in person interview coming up soon.

Interview Questions
    • They asked which band I would have give me a live performance, where in the world I'd want to travel, and what thing do I want to check off of my bucket list soon. None of the questions were difficult, just try to be yourself and you should be fine.   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Red Frog Events in November 2013.

After applying for the internship I received a call less than a week later to set up a phone interview. After setting up an interview time I prepared for some of the more "unexpected" interview questions RFE is known to ask during this process. The other comments and interview insights on Glassdoor helped me to prepare and overall if you're true to yourself the interview is not hard at all. The unique questions they ask are so they can get a good read on you and if you would possibly be a good fit for their company and culture.

Interview Questions
    • If you can pick one artist to perform a private concert for you and your friends who would it be? If you can travel anywhere in the world where would it be? What is one thing on your bucket list?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Red Frog Events in April 2012.

Two interviews. One via phone, one in person at Red Frog Events. Be prepared for fun questions (i.e. if you could grow one thing on trees, what would it be?). Also, be prepared for professionally-focused questions (i.e. have you ever failed, what happened, how did you handle it).

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions or questions that will stump you. Be honest and engaging and you'll be good.   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

I submitted my application online and received an email a couple weeks later to let me know I was chosen to do a phone interview. The email detailed the exact time and date that one of their reps would call me. However on that time and date, I didn't receive a call until about an hour later to let me know they forgot to contact me because the recruiter was still in Hawaii. I scheduled another phone interview for their next available time, about a month later which was actually about 2 months until the internship was suppose to start . I thought the phone interview went great, however I received a rejection email about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • This was probably the most fun interview I ever had. One question I can remember was about 3 books I would want with me if I was stranded on an island. Most of the questions seemed to try to gauge your personality fit with their fun culture.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Red Frog Events.

Everything went pretty smoothly. They do a pretty good job of showing off how fun-loving their culture is--although when it gets down to interview time, everything is surprisingly formal. They go through the normal interview questions and then have you pick a trivial pursuit looking card where you pick one of the 5 questions and answer it. Pretty clever, I thought.

Event Coordinator Internship Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Red Frog Events in April 2013.

Got an initial phone interview. A few days later, I missed a call, saying I was chosen to continue with the process and to call back to set up a second interview. I called back 3 separate times, at different times of the day, and no one was ever able to set up another interview with me for different reasons like no one who could do that was still at work, etc. It was a complete turn off. After trying 3 times to get back to someone, I did not try again and have never heard anything else from them.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Mostly asked about my event experience, how I have dealt with sudden unexpected changes with events I've worked on, etc.   Answer Question