Red Gate Software

www.red-gate.com

Red Gate Software Graduate User Experience SPecialist Interview Questions & Reviews

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate User Experience SPecialist Interview

Graduate User Experience SPecialist
Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Red Gate Software in February 2012.

Interview Details – Red gate seems like a great place to work, and I interviewed for their Graduate UXD position, as its a fairly rare job to find, and its what I want to shape my career in. I don't come from a strictly design / UX background, so I was excited to have made it through the initial screening - cv check, portfolio and a simple exercise to design a website for a company starting a new service. This was intentionally vague (drinks company in my case), but I seemed to get along fine, thought I did a good job.

Got throughly grilled at the interview though, and the interviewers managed to find me contradict myself in every sentence. If I claimed one of the fundamentals of good UX is consistency, I got shot down by being told that it would stop innovation. True, but any 'rule' always has exceptions. 90% of the time consistency is probably more important than shaking things up, imo!

- Was given a 15min exercise to redesign an excel dialog box.
- Standard questions like: Why UX when your background is X? What are your rules in UX?
- Whats your definition of a good website?

Anyway, just carefully word every answer you give, because you might just get a rough interviewer. I think I may have ticked one of them off at the first sentence though (oops!)

Interview Questions

Worked for Red Gate Software? Contribute to the Community!