Red Hat Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.3

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brno (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (Brno (Czech Republic)).

Interview

Multiple sessions are scheduled, one for each team that shows interest in you after initial testing. Each session takes about an hour during which mostly technical questions are asked. They query your skills and experience. The questions vary by the team / role and aren't too specialized. They don't expect you to have previous experience with their tools / products. Then there is space for your questions.

Interview Questions

• What are access modifiers in object oriented programming?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Compensation is non-negotiable in most cases.

Other Interview Reviews for Red Hat

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Red Hat.

Interview

I had met some Red Hat folks at a conference, and really hit it off with them. Within the following months, they actively recruited me. Since everyone was remote, the interviews were done over the phone. It consisted of 1 interview with a recruiter, 1 with the hiring manager, and 3 other interviews with lead engineers on the product that the position was for.

Interview Questions

• Simple code/technical questions; a brain teaser of four animals crossing the bridge at night with one flash light.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got the upper bound of what I asked for; seems like I could have gotten more but I'm very pleased with it.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brno (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (Brno (Czech Republic)) in June 2012.

Interview

I took a class at my university taught by people working at Red Hat, got an A, took a test for intern position and because of the class I took they didn't even have to interview me and I was hired. After 10 months I was transferred to Associate Software Engineer.