Red Hat

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer
Brno (Czech Republic)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Red Hat in June 2012.

Interview Details – I took a class at my university taught by people working at Red Hat, got an A, took a test for intern position and because of the class I took they didn't even have to interview me and I was hired. After 10 months I was transferred to Associate Software Engineer.

Interview Question – None, all questions in the test were quite easy.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Red Hat.

Interview Details – I had met some Red Hat folks at a conference, and really hit it off with them. Within the following months, they actively recruited me. Since everyone was remote, the interviews were done over the phone. It consisted of 1 interview with a recruiter, 1 with the hiring manager, and 3 other interviews with lead engineers on the product that the position was for.

Interview Question – Simple code/technical questions; a brain teaser of four animals crossing the bridge at night with one flash light.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got the upper bound of what I asked for; seems like I could have gotten more but I'm very pleased with it.

Worked for Red Hat? Contribute to the Community!