2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took a dayinterviewed at Red Hat in January 2010.

Nothing technical at all really. It is pretty much 4 people at different times that want to see if you are a good social fit.

They are hiring some people right out of the mac store.

You will be expected to pass the RHCE exam so you will go straight into training.

If you do not after 3 tries you are not going to be kept on

Interview Questions
  • Tell a customer service story where you were successful and one where the customer was being hostile.   Answer Question
No negotiation. Salary is fixed.

Other Interview Reviews for Red Hat

Associate Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brno (Czech Republic)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brno (Czech Republic)

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Red Hat in February 2012.

Applied through a head-hunter company, and was contacted by a RedHat reprsentative via e-mail in 1.5-2 hours after my resume was actually sent to Red Hat.
    Contact person sent me 2 questionarries (technical and support one).

Technical questionarrie consisted of around 30 questions that widely covered knowledge of Linux (and operating systems in general) architecture and internals, networking principles, and a bit of command-line foo.
    There were 3 customer support questions - "what will be your answer in this situation" ones.

It took me about 2 days to answer these (there's no time-limit though).

After I sent out answered questions - I had to wait for about 2 or 3 weeks until Red Hat representative got back to me with the updates (and I had to even ping them once - HR I contacted asked to send him a reminder in case I wait for a reply for too long).

After that I had 3 phone interviews (1 with my future boss and 2 technical ones). There was a large time gap between technical interviews - mainly due to technical lead who had to interview me was rather busy (in his own words).
    Phone interviews took about 30-60 minutes each - the questions were very simple, like how I behave in different situations during the work process, what makes me happy etc. Technical part was also easy (for a person with 6+ years of Linux experience).

After phone interviews - I was invited to a F2F interview to Brno.
    It took around 4 hours and I met the same guys who interviewed me by phone. The questions was almost the same as in the phone interview.

During the overall process I felt that I was an interesting candidate for Red Hat, they always sent me a status updates (when I asked for that :) ). Good feeling though - you know that your application is in progress and someone over there is working on it.

Interview Questions
    Since working at Red Hat is my dream - there was not much negotiation and I asked for a minimum.
    Actually they always tell that "their proposal is competitive".
    You will only know the exact sum when you'll be sent an offer letter.