Red Hat Corporate Branding Specialist Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Corporate Branding Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Red Hat (Raleigh, NC) in March 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with one of the most 'pissy' groups of marketing / brand management individuals and corporate branding divisions on the globe; my goal was to have these tired old hags hire me and eventually transfer into a group with positive attitude, intelligence and leadership which was easy to find at this open source giant. Boy as I remember, these branding team members where a sour group and did nothing all day beside patrol social networks looking for current employees to lash out at for positively no reason. The manager spent most of her time drafting up warnings and branding messages requiring employees to run their user names and content by them for approval. One employee was marketing his rock band during off hours on a blogspot blog and the branding police thought the group should be more of a soft rock band instead of punk rock band and it started a war of the content on the band's website. Associates on this red hat brand department never have the right to edit employees websites on non-related work content. RedHat wasn't even mentioned, blogged about or hinted that this punk band even included members of the solutions team and inside sales. finally, glass door readers, join redhat for any other divisions or groups. It's a great company BUT stay away from this group of 'tools', who is comprised of a bunch of socially inept individuals and 'ricky lake' wanna-b's !!

Interview Questions

• "Tina, your background is great, how are you at monitoring social media websites?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Tested me on social media website reviews and a few employees social profiles and asked me to draft a warning email to the employee. upon completion, they where so impressed with my warning I got my offer in a great welcome kit. Recruiter followed up and I signed the deal.