1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Red Hat (Raleigh, NC) in January 2009.

Interview

It starts with a phone screening to discuss some highlights of the resume and get an overall feel for communication and background. Next is the formal interview, it's a 1 day affair. You will meet with 5 to 6 people, each person will focus on an aspect of behavioral interviewing.

Examples:
Tell me about a time you failed.
Tell me about a time you were scared but did well.
Tell me about a time you thought you excelled, but you learned you failed.

There are technical aspects of the interview but they are not stressed. The technical portion is more to see if you are telling the truth on your resume and to gauge if you can learn, there wasn't much heavy grilling, just a light touching to see if you really do know what you said you did.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with your boss and convinced them to follow your suggestions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much room in negotiating. Offer was adequate but this doesn't appear to be the kind of company you go to to make money, it's more about the work experience and environment. Money is just enough, the work environment is awesome.