Red Hat

Relevance Date Difficulty

Solutions Architect Interview

Solutions Architect
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Hat in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was very informal. I did a phone screening, and face-to-face, and then a mock presentation. The technical screening (phone) consisted the usual techie questions. The panel interview was a presentation in front of the sales reps.

Interview Question – The sales reps asked very sales-ey questions that i was not familiar with.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Sales Analyst Interview

Sales Analyst
Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Red Hat in February 2013.

Interview Details – I went to a career fair and met the internship program coordinator. They called me about an internship, and I said I was only interested in full-time. Interviews were a series of telephone and Skype interviews with ~5 people, and extra calls and time spent with my 2 direct supervisors. It was clear I needed to know Excel. Much of the interview focused on Excel competence, and various ways I'd used Excel in past challenges.

Interview Question – I don't recall the specifics, but it was a question about have you ever found yourself in a specific situation, and how did you solve the problem. I answered a very similar situation, and the main interviewer said, No, I was asking about SPECIFIC SITUATION.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Research glassdoor, salary.com, the NACE calculator, or other online calculators and databases, and find the appropriate salary for your role. Just by asking, you'll almost always get at least 10% more. The way you ask is important. State that fair compensation for (role) in (city), based on your research on glassdoor, salary.com, etc is $X. I'm sure we can work together toward a fair compensation package for me.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Raleigh, NC

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Hat in May 2014.

Interview Details – I found the job description on local java meetup group. A recruiter post it. Then I got connected with her. She introduced me to the position. Then I had a screen technical interview with her. After a day, she told me I passed it. After that, she told me that she would talk with a software manager and schedule a phone interview.
I waited for about 10 days before they gave me the call. The interview was very technical. Then the recruiter called me after 3 hrs to tell me I was denied.

Interview Question – thread

final

pass by reference/value
private/public/protected/default
constructor/method/class

linked list and array list
hash table

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Red Hat in May 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was harder than expected for a phone screen. Interviewer asked very technical questions that I was not at all prepared for. The previous phone screen I had was not technical at all.

Interview Question – What is REST and SOAP and explain the difference   View Answer

Product Management Intern Interview

Product Management Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Hat in February 2014.

Interview Details – I got two interview calls from Red Hat for the position of product marketing intern. In the first one I was asked general questions like describing my experience and what my education level was and regarding my future career expectations. The second one was scheduled after a week and till that time they answered my queries and were very polite. I am guessing they went ahead with other applicant because since the time the interview got over they never returned any calls or did not respond to my mails. Its better to have a feedback/result from a company even if its a rejection.

Interview Question – My future career goals, Explaining my role in previous positions, explaining the goals that were achieved or missed. Explain my understanding of the job requirements   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Hat.

Interview Details – Typically up to 3 interviews. Will be asked technical questions regarding design. Typically look for some sort of management experience.

Interview Question – How much does a 747 weight?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Red Hat in January 2013.

Interview Details – I received a call from an internal recruiter. Then she set up an interview for me with a hiring manager.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral questions such as what are your weaknesses and strengths and tell me a time you were successful   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Development Representative Interview

Sales Development Representative
Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Red Hat in December 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume and I was contacted 6 hours later by a recruiter. She was very nice and quickly setup a time to chat with me.

Her initial conversation gave me a good detail overview of how the training would be. The role of an SDR, and what an SDR would do. I also liked how she talked about salary up front: 40k base and 60k incentive. I.e. if you hit your quota, you should be able to make a decent amount of money.

In addition, the role would be 6-9 months then we would have training again to move up to inside sales rep.

Following up, I was setup to talk to another sales hiring manager who gave me more details of the process. This was unfortunately followed with some delay in because it was towards Christmas. Heard back two weeks into the New Year to continue interview process.

**Note I may still continue interview process, but putting it on hold for personal reasons.

Interview Question – Could you tell me a bit about one of Red Hat's products you like?   View Answer

Helpdesk Interview

Helpdesk
Herndon, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Red Hat.

Interview Details – Skype Interview. Not run on technical expertise but mostly personality.

Interview Question – How would you deal with irrate clients.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Red Hat.

Interview Details – Usually you need to have a interview only one time. The interview is a kind of casual and you don't need to wear suites. Usually interviewer don't care about formality.

Interview Question – Not in particular.   Answer Question

Worked for Red Hat? Contribute to the Community!