Red Hat Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2014

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

1. Aptitude + Tech objective type totally consisting of 60 questions
    2. Short listed candidates had a 1.5 hour C program implementation round, There were 3 questions. Two on dynamic allocation. The other one was a simple program to test your logical skills.
    3. Short listed candidates had 1:1 tech interview. Questions were mostly on OS and C.
    4. Short listed candidates had a panel tech interview. Questions were on Unix System programming, OS, C, Data Structures.
    5. Short listed candidates had a 1;! HR interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about signaling in Unix system programming. As I was answering, the topic changed into Microprocessor and HW, Was not prepared for that.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Red Hat.

Usually you need to have a interview only one time. The interview is a kind of casual and you don't need to wear suites. Usually interviewer don't care about formality.

Solution Architect Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Red Hat.

Knew the people because of prior business with other IT vendors
    Got passed my CV to their boss and they contacted me.
    After 5 interviews I was in.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do/How did you accomplish a growth of 300% on single deals?   Answer Question
    Not much room for netotiation, they will get the best they can offer right away.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Red Hat.

2 telephone interviews only due to prior knowledge of the team

Interview Questions
    • None really as I was already aware of the role and the team and how it worked.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Hat.

Typically up to 3 interviews. Will be asked technical questions regarding design. Typically look for some sort of management experience.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brno (Czech Republic)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brno (Czech Republic)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Red Hat.

Applied on site. HR made a call and we arranged an interview. I wrote a technical test and then i anwered technical questions and then questions from HR

TSE Interview

interview consists of 3 technical round and 1 HR round which would last for half of a day

no negatiations

Cloud Product Manager Interview

Was contacted directly via linked in.
    I submitted my CV and got a phone call in about 1 week from the hhrr gatekeeper.

Interview Questions
    • describe a situation where you managed to combine different departments in your company   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Red Hat in February 2013.

Didn't blow me out of the water. Hackneyed interview questions.

Interview Questions

Very low salary compared to what I currently make. Unprofessional executives, based on my interview experience.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Red Hat in December 2013.

I submitted my resume and I was contacted 6 hours later by a recruiter. She was very nice and quickly setup a time to chat with me.

Her initial conversation gave me a good detail overview of how the training would be. The role of an SDR, and what an SDR would do. I also liked how she talked about salary up front: 40k base and 60k incentive. I.e. if you hit your quota, you should be able to make a decent amount of money.

In addition, the role would be 6-9 months then we would have training again to move up to inside sales rep.

Following up, I was setup to talk to another sales hiring manager who gave me more details of the process. This was unfortunately followed with some delay in because it was towards Christmas. Heard back two weeks into the New Year to continue interview process.

**Note I may still continue interview process, but putting it on hold for personal reasons.

Interview Questions
    • Could you tell me a bit about one of Red Hat's products you like?   View Answer

Worked for Red Hat? Contribute to the Community!