Red Hat Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014

3.1

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Hat.

Had one phone interview and one F2F interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was peppered with detailed API and SQL questions. Then I was asked how I would deal or solve some hypothetical scenario regarding database transaction. It was not a well thought out question and had difficulty understanding his English and his train of thought. Its possible he was asking for a solution he was currently dealing with.   Answer Question

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Red Hat in April 2013.

Great contact with the recruiter, good follow up and communication. Met with hiring manager, 3 team members and the IT Director.

Interview Questions
    • IT Director asked me to tell about a time I failed.   View Answer
    • Also, I asked each interviewer about how they viewed the role I was interviewing for   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Red Hat in February 2013.

The interview process at Red Hat is as tough as it is at any other mid-size tech company that is not just looking for warm bodies. You have to prove that you have the skills and know what you are talking about.

Interview Questions
    • How would you work to recover a failing project?   View Answer

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Red Hat in May 2013.

Short phone interview, then interviewed in person with 6 different people over a 3 hour period. More laid back than expected, most turned into a conversational style.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were framed in the "tell me about a time", was caught off guard when they asked me if I could be any animal in the world what would it be and why   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Hat in May 2012.

Contacted via Linked In and had a very nice recruiter. I did 2 phone screens then came in for an in person interview in the Mountain View office. 3 person panel interview with a presentation. Both technical and sales oriented questions. I felt the interview was conducted professionally and well organized.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was how I would sell and integrate one of the Red Hat products that I did not have any experience with. I had some time to research it before answering.   Answer Question
    The offer was above my expectations.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Red Hat in September 2012.

Started out bad from the beginning. Lady was 30 minutes late and that ran the whole interview late. I had to be back at my other job and that was made clear before going in. They said no problem they could accommodate. That certainly was not the case. i was called back and asked for second interview.. I said sure no Problem.. Same thing happened.. I was called back again and declined. People seemed to have chip on shoulder also..

Interview Questions
    • If you had a elephant what would you do with it...   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Red Hat in May 2010.

I went through a 3 interview process. My inital technical interview was design to show that a had a basic understanding of the technologies on my resume. Ex. What times of loading collection loading are available in Hibernate? Expain how annotations work. Once the interviewer decided I knew what I was talking about the focus shifted to personality matching and consulting skills. Two of the interviews were over the phone and one in person (in a bar).

Interview Questions
    • None. Red Hat doesn't focus on poking holes in your knowledge.   Answer Question
    Pretty simple. Ask for as much as possible. They have a number in mind and don't really go much over it. The bonus structure is pretty good.

Platform Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Red Hat in February 2013.

A friend who worked at the company convinced me I should as well. Gave him my resume, he routed to his boss and ultimately an internal recruiter. Initial phone screens were positive, passed the technical phone interview with good reviews. Scheduling a face-to-face interview with a manager took a few weeks. That interview went well, and I was told by the recruiter that I was a good fit, and they wanted me, but had internal logistical issues to work out before they could give me an offer. After more than a week I was told they would like to hire me, but did not have a client contract that would support my travel expenses. I offered to relocate myself NYC (at no cost to RH), and never had any follow-up after that. Recruiter stopped returning phone calls. My friend who works at RH will no longer refer anyone to them. If I was not a good fit or was technically deficient, I would have accepted that and moved on more quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Technical interview is looking for you to answer questions with Red Hat's technology in mind, not just standard Unix answers.   Answer Question

Product Manager I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Hat in June 2009.

I submitted a large number of responses to job offers. One day they called me up and asked If I would like to be part of the team. There was a technical review and a face to face talk about my values.

Interview Questions
    • I had a technical background and was unsure of what a product manager did.   View Answer
    Negotiation... What is that? (smile)

Solution Architect Interview

Had phone interview with marketing guy. Went well. Then never heard back from recruiter as to whether or not the process would move forward. So I called the recruiter back a week later and she told me that they had already made an offer to another candidate! What a waste of my time. The duplicity of HR and recruiters at Red Hat leave a bad taste in my mouth and now I never want to work for them or do business with them. Dishonest company.

Interview Questions
    • not difficult did not matter they had no real intention of offering me the job   View Answer

Worked for Red Hat? Contribute to the Community!