Red Hat Interview Questions & Reviews

110 interviews

3.1

Corporate Branding Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Red Hat in March 2011.

Interviewed with one of the most 'pissy' groups of marketing / brand management individuals and corporate branding divisions on the globe; my goal was to have these tired old hags hire me and eventually transfer into a group with positive attitude, intelligence and leadership which was easy to find at this open source giant. Boy as I remember, these branding team members where a sour group and did nothing all day beside patrol social networks looking for current employees to lash out at for positively no reason. The manager spent most of her time drafting up warnings and branding messages requiring employees to run their user names and content by them for approval. One employee was marketing his rock band during off hours on a blogspot blog and the branding police thought the group should be more of a soft rock band instead of punk rock band and it started a war of the content on the band's website.

Associates on this red hat brand department never have the right to edit employees websites on non-related work content. RedHat wasn't even mentioned, blogged about or hinted that this punk band even included members of the solutions team and inside sales.

finally, glass door readers, join redhat for any other divisions or groups. It's a great company BUT stay away from this group of 'tools', who is comprised of a bunch of socially inept individuals and 'ricky lake' wanna-b's !!

Interview Questions
    • "Tina, your background is great, how are you at monitoring social media websites?"   View Answer
    Tested me on social media website reviews and a few employees social profiles and asked me to draft a warning email to the employee. upon completion, they where so impressed with my warning I got my offer in a great welcome kit. Recruiter followed up and I signed the deal.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Red Hat in April 2012.

My interview was onsite and it was based on JAVA. I was asked everything from basics of core JAVA to Generics and memory management. Also some puzzles and brain teasers were asked to see how approach a problem, More than one team interview me and I was selected to the team that best matched my skills.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't come across any difficult question. The questions were technical and the difficulty of the question would depend on your technical skill   Answer Question

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westford, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westford, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Hat in May 2012.

I applied through LinkedIn and got an email back from the recruiter asking me to write a page up as to why I think I would be good for this role. After that I got a call from the recruiter in couple of days to schedule a telephonic round of interview with the hiring manager. The interview went on well and the hiring manager asked me to go through the links for the product and come up with a live demo for the face to face interview round. I had two face to face interview round with the manager and the director which went well and was offered which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Red Hat being an open source provider they are looking for new ideas to make their product integration and usage more customer friendly.   Answer Question
    It is negotiable to an extent.

Senior ETL Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Hat in September 2012.

I found the Red Hat interview process to be to-the-point, well organized, and appropriate in terms of questions. The fact that it is such a group-minded environment came through clearly in the interview methods to include a great degree of participation from the peers.

Interview Questions
    • What can you do with a paperclip; name all the things you can think of.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Red Hat in February 2011.

Phone interview for 30 minutes with two other associates. In person interview for 2 hours with hiring manager and the two other associates. Received verbal offer over the phone in a week.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Red Hat in August 2012.

Phone interview; 1:1.

Interview Questions
    • Wanted me to indicate that I could become an "expert" in something within 2 weeks prior to starting a job.   View Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westford, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westford, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Red Hat in January 2009.

The interview process is detailed and long.
    You will meet with several people over a period of time.
    It may feel like a long process but Red Hat is thorough in it's interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • Knowledge of the Open Source Way, be sure to understand this, it is different from other software companies   Answer Question

Director, Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Hat in January 2012.

The first interview was a phone screen with an internal recruiter. After about a week I was called in for an in-person interview that took about 6 hours in the end. It consisted of several one-on-one interviews (including with the hiring manager) and lunch in the same conference room with a few of my future direct reports. The questions were mostly scenario based and specifics around my background. One interviewer did ask some off the wall general questions just to mix things up some but they were reasonable. Overall the interview process was good and everyone took the time to answer my questions. It seems like an interesting but demanding place to work.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a difficult manager reporting into you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me how you think your background would help make you successful in this position?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Red Hat in March 2012.

several days of interviews

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Red Hat in November 2011.

Very through interview process in a laid-back environment. Some technical questions and some questions design to demonstrate your ability to handle pressure or overcome an obstacle. There were at least four or five different people that were conducting the interview: one by one. The entire interview took five hours.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you have to work together as a team to meet a goal?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where the project that you were working with was not successful and what did you do get the project to be considered a success.   Answer Question