Red Hat

3.1

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Red Hat in February 2012.

Intense, after a few telephone interviews I drove in to the office to interview in person. A lot of brain teasers. They prefer people with an extreme learning curve so don't worry if your not an expert. I had less than 6 months of programming experience but still got the job.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of technical programming questions. Some easy just to see that your not making stuff up.   Answer Question
    I got 70 000 and accepted.

Director, Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Hat in January 2012.

The first interview was a phone screen with an internal recruiter. After about a week I was called in for an in-person interview that took about 6 hours in the end. It consisted of several one-on-one interviews (including with the hiring manager) and lunch in the same conference room with a few of my future direct reports. The questions were mostly scenario based and specifics around my background. One interviewer did ask some off the wall general questions just to mix things up some but they were reasonable. Overall the interview process was good and everyone took the time to answer my questions. It seems like an interesting but demanding place to work.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a difficult manager reporting into you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me how you think your background would help make you successful in this position?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Red Hat in November 2011.

Very through interview process in a laid-back environment. Some technical questions and some questions design to demonstrate your ability to handle pressure or overcome an obstacle. There were at least four or five different people that were conducting the interview: one by one. The entire interview took five hours.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you have to work together as a team to meet a goal?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where the project that you were working with was not successful and what did you do get the project to be considered a success.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Hat in October 2011.

I got interviewed by the manage, as well as the team members. I find that to be most effective, so personalities can see if they mesh. I was asked random questions by the members, some personality, most a test of skill.

Interview Questions
    • None, if you are skilled in the position you are applying for.   Answer Question
    It went smoothly. Red Hat was quick to act. No waiting or feeling of being "in limbo".

Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Red Hat in September 2011.

The process began with an initial phone screen with the hiring manager. This person was polite but also seemed a bit distracted and uninterested in what I had to say. The phone screen lasted about 20 minutes and consisted of review of my background and my familiarity with various software systems and my knowledge of open source software.

Although I thought I bombed the phone screen, I was invited to comeback for an in-person interview. I met with 4 Red Hat employees with various roles within the department. This group included the hiring manager I had spoken with less than a week before, but she did not seem to recall our previous conversation at all. This was somewhat frustrating, but I happily explained my background and skill set again.

Everyone I met with was friendly and none really asked any 'hard-hitting' questions. There was some small talk and the interviewers seemed adequately impressed with my experience. One of the four interviewers seemed bent on asking the textbook interview questions ("What is your biggest weakness?" "Why do you want to work at Red Hat?" "How do you handle a difficult situation?")

In my estimation, the entire interview went well and my skills and experience seemed to be a good match for the position. The negative lasting impression I am left with comes from the absolutely refusal from Red Hat to give any sort of feedback following the interview. I emailed the recruiter I'd been working with several times, but the only thing I heard back was that one of the interviewers said "the interview went well." After about 10 days, the recruiter completely stopped responding to my emails and I gave up. The non-response after coming in for an in-person interview is beyond rude, but from the other reviews on this site, it seems to be par for the course at Red Hat. I wouldn't say this made for a completely negative experience, but it definitely left a bad taste in my mouth.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westfield, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westfield, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Red Hat in August 2011.

Repeat hires have an informal interview process

I got 3k less than what I asked for after 2 phases of negotiation and rejection of one role prior.

Corporate Branding Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Red Hat in March 2011.

Interviewed with one of the most 'pissy' groups of marketing / brand management individuals and corporate branding divisions on the globe; my goal was to have these tired old hags hire me and eventually transfer into a group with positive attitude, intelligence and leadership which was easy to find at this open source giant. Boy as I remember, these branding team members where a sour group and did nothing all day beside patrol social networks looking for current employees to lash out at for positively no reason. The manager spent most of her time drafting up warnings and branding messages requiring employees to run their user names and content by them for approval. One employee was marketing his rock band during off hours on a blogspot blog and the branding police thought the group should be more of a soft rock band instead of punk rock band and it started a war of the content on the band's website.

Associates on this red hat brand department never have the right to edit employees websites on non-related work content. RedHat wasn't even mentioned, blogged about or hinted that this punk band even included members of the solutions team and inside sales.

finally, glass door readers, join redhat for any other divisions or groups. It's a great company BUT stay away from this group of 'tools', who is comprised of a bunch of socially inept individuals and 'ricky lake' wanna-b's !!

Interview Questions
    • "Tina, your background is great, how are you at monitoring social media websites?"   View Answer
    Tested me on social media website reviews and a few employees social profiles and asked me to draft a warning email to the employee. upon completion, they where so impressed with my warning I got my offer in a great welcome kit. Recruiter followed up and I signed the deal.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Red Hat in February 2011.

Phone interview for 30 minutes with two other associates. In person interview for 2 hours with hiring manager and the two other associates. Received verbal offer over the phone in a week.

Product Marketing Cloud Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Red Hat in November 2010.

I am local to Raleigh and know of RedHat products, history, staff. I applied for a middle-management role. Their recruiter put me through a phone screen and they brought me onsite for 3 hrs of interviews (I had to take time out of my other job). The next day the in-house recruiter calls and tells me all the feedback is all good and I am 1 of 3 in the final stages. I waited a week and did 2-3 follow up calls with the hiring manager and recruiter. They never answered a call or an email after that. It was really unprofessional. They did not care of the impression they were leaving with me as a potential hire..or as a future client.

Interview Questions
    • Example of how I resolved a conflict between customer demands and internal resources   Answer Question

Facilities Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Hat in November 2010.

Phone & in person interview in an out sourced location. Interviewers were very polite, but 3 of the 4 were not experienced in interviewing at all. It made it uncomfortable sometimes to speak to someone who is also uncomfortable. They asked the normal expected questions. I didn't like how they said growth was availalbe when it still isn't at all in the first couple years.

First offer was content.