Red Hat

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Red Hat in April 2012.

Interview Details – My interview was onsite and it was based on JAVA. I was asked everything from basics of core JAVA to Generics and memory management. Also some puzzles and brain teasers were asked to see how approach a problem, More than one team interview me and I was selected to the team that best matched my skills.

Interview Question – I didn't come across any difficult question. The questions were technical and the difficulty of the question would depend on your technical skill   Answer Question

Brno (Czech Republic)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Red Hat in August 2012.

Interview Details – I found an interesting job while attending EuroPython. Red Hat had sent the OpenStack team and a great recruiter to get people working in Brno, Czech Republic.

The interview went in a couple of phases: we started to talk during the conference, exchanged emails with the recruiter days after the meeting and scheduled two interviews, one technical (via Skype, pasting code throught the chat) and a conference call to my potential manager.

Both the interviews went smoothly since I really liked the position and the spirit of the company.

In the end I could not join because personal problems made me stay at home but I will surely reapply in the future.

Interview Question – Tell me the different categories of HTTP status codes.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I just had been away a year and my family was not ready for me leaving again. But I will reapply as soon as my situation gets more stable.

Brno (Czech Republic)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Red Hat.

Interview Details – Applied on site. HR made a call and we arranged an interview. I wrote a technical test and then i anwered technical questions and then questions from HR

Interview Question – no unexpected   Answer Question

Worked for Red Hat? Contribute to the Community!