Red Hat Interview Questions in Raleigh-Durham, NC

3.2

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Junior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Red Hat in September 2014.

2 rounds of Phone Interview followed by a face to face interview round in the Company with a panel of 3 team members.

Questions Asked:
    5. Static - Variable, Method and Class Purpose
    6. Inner Class - Purpose and Example
    7. Multi Threading
    8. Asked to write a basic Java Program - Logic Specific
    9. Asked to draw tables and show the 3rd Normalization and from those tables drawn, was asked to perform sum() with a specific condition

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Hat in May 2014.

I found the job description on local java meetup group. A recruiter post it. Then I got connected with her. She introduced me to the position. Then I had a screen technical interview with her. After a day, she told me I passed it. After that, she told me that she would talk with a software manager and schedule a phone interview.
    I waited for about 10 days before they gave me the call. The interview was very technical. Then the recruiter called me after 3 hrs to tell me I was denied.

Interview Questions
    • thread
      multi thread
      hash map/map/hash table

iterator
      static
      final

pass by reference/value
      private/public/protected/default
      constructor/method/class

linked list and array list
      hash table

final
      abstract class

E-R model
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Red Hat in May 2014.

Interview was harder than expected for a phone screen. Interviewer asked very technical questions that I was not at all prepared for. The previous phone screen I had was not technical at all.

Interview Questions
    • What is REST and SOAP and explain the difference   View Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Red Hat in March 2014.

3 interviews typically, though in my case I was referred to the Director of Talent Acquisition directly, so we skipped 2 of them. Questions about desire, RH knowledge, reason for move, time to relocate, etc. Overall very friendly and positive. The role was a little lower than I had planned but Red Hat offers promotional achievement internally, so I wasn't worried about moving up quickly, which is why I went forward with the role.

Interview Questions
    • How will my experiences carry over to Red Hat as I'm unproven on their particular technology despite supporting it for 3 years...this caught me off guard.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Red Hat.

The best way to get a job with Red Hat is to join an open source project that Red Hat is running. They will accept most volunteers. After you prove that you can do the work you have 2 options. Wait for a position to come open and they will ask you if you want a job. OR you can go online and apply for open positions. Depending on how much time and effort you put in the open source project determines the interview difficulty.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to do a code walk through of an entire project that I wrote on and hosted on github.   View Answer
    The position only had a certain amount of funding that year, it was just below what I was asking but it was worth it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Hat.

Had one phone interview and one F2F interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was peppered with detailed API and SQL questions. Then I was asked how I would deal or solve some hypothetical scenario regarding database transaction. It was not a well thought out question and had difficulty understanding his English and his train of thought. Its possible he was asking for a solution he was currently dealing with.   Answer Question

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Red Hat in May 2013.

Short phone interview, then interviewed in person with 6 different people over a 3 hour period. More laid back than expected, most turned into a conversational style.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were framed in the "tell me about a time", was caught off guard when they asked me if I could be any animal in the world what would it be and why   Answer Question

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Red Hat in April 2013.

Great contact with the recruiter, good follow up and communication. Met with hiring manager, 3 team members and the IT Director.

Interview Questions
    • IT Director asked me to tell about a time I failed.   View Answer
    • Also, I asked each interviewer about how they viewed the role I was interviewing for   View Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Red Hat in March 2013.

I applied the position on LinkedIn, and got the phone screen email after 3 days, which is pretty fast.

The interview went quite smoothly. As my experience and background quite match the team, I thought I could got the position when I hang off the phone.

Questions are all related to my project, and there were some behavioral questions as well.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about the details of your projects (the algorithm, the process, the results, drawbacks).
      How did your team function (divide the work)
        Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Red Hat in February 2013.

I went to a career fair and met the internship program coordinator. They called me about an internship, and I said I was only interested in full-time. Interviews were a series of telephone and Skype interviews with ~5 people, and extra calls and time spent with my 2 direct supervisors. It was clear I needed to know Excel. Much of the interview focused on Excel competence, and various ways I'd used Excel in past challenges.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall the specifics, but it was a question about have you ever found yourself in a specific situation, and how did you solve the problem. I answered a very similar situation, and the main interviewer said, No, I was asking about SPECIFIC SITUATION.   View Answer
    Research glassdoor, salary.com, the NACE calculator, or other online calculators and databases, and find the appropriate salary for your role. Just by asking, you'll almost always get at least 10% more. The way you ask is important. State that fair compensation for (role) in (city), based on your research on glassdoor, salary.com, etc is $X. I'm sure we can work together toward a fair compensation package for me.