Red Hat Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

2 interviews

3.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Red Hat.

Initial rounds of interview happen by phone. A few of the rounds include interviews in both English and Portuguese, and might include Spanish depending on your job role requirements. One of the steps include very deep technical questions.

Interview Questions
  • Describe how you can use strace/ptrace to debug a program that keeps core dumping.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Red Hat

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brisbane (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Red Hat in November 2011.

I applied through seek.com.au for Australia. The corporate recruiter contacted me, explained me company culture, job requirements, my eligibility to work in Australia.

Next it was a technical telephone interview. A senior technical resource interviewed me and ask relevant questions related to Java and JBoss.

Next I was asked for a face-to-face interview. I was interviewed at their Mountain View, California office. There were three interviews, one in person, two over conference call (since the job was in Australia). Their main focus is more towards determining whether I will be a good fit in Red Hat's company culture, hence the questions were not technical in nature, rather it focused on soft skills (you need to describe how you fit in Red Hat's core values, and relate your experience with the core values).

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected question that I recall. Be prepared to expect lot of questions on how you will fit in Red Hat's core values.   Answer Question
    I was offered market salary applicable in Brisbane market for a senior resource. I asked for perks like medicals etc. but these weren't covered by Australia office. By law, 9% was added by employer to Superannuation which was in addition of base salary.

Worked for Red Hat? Contribute to the Community!